Could the Flyers be going to Paramounts Carowinds

Vortex

I see that people who got a season pass to Paramounts Carowinds got a mailer with a picture of the Flying Scooters on it. Does anyone know if PKI sold their flyer or will move it to another area? I just hope that Carowinds is getting a new one and not PKIs. Anyone know more about this?

Close, it's Larson that is making the Flying Skooters rides. Now that you mention it, PGA recieved a Larson Flying Skooters some time back. Add to that, First Drop is reporting that PGA is adding a waterpark expansion next year. Makes you wonder if Carowinds Flying Skooters will be new, or another PGA transplant.

I'm going with new, since, as it stands now PKI, PKD, and PGA all have Flying Skooters, they just need to buy 2 more sets. (3 if you count Bonfante)

I imagine that these rides are relatively inexpensive to maintain, when compared to the new wave of flats like Delirium, and they definantely cost a lot less than the modern flats. I just hope that PKI`s stay in PKI (in the same or a new location) for years to come. I think every Paramount Park should have a Flying Scooter ride. The only drawback to them is the capacity is really low.

I don't have a season pass, but I know for a fact that Paramount uses the same Mailer with some different pictures and text. Does PKIs mailer have the Flyers on it for this year?

PKI's mailer has the artwork that we've already seen for The Italian Job on it.

Close, it's Larson that is making the Flying Skooters rides. Now that you mention it, PGA recieved a Larson Flying Skooters some time back. Add to that, First Drop is reporting that PGA is adding a waterpark expansion next year. Makes you wonder if Carowinds Flying Skooters will be new, or another PGA transplant.

I'm going with new, since, as it stands now PKI, PKD, and PGA all have Flying Skooters, they just need to buy 2 more sets. (3 if you count Bonfante)

Premier makes flying scooters. Click here to check out Priemer's web page featuring the flying scooters.

I imagine that these rides are relatively inexpensive to maintain, when compared to the new wave of flats like Delirium, and they definantely cost a lot less than the modern flats.

Why is it that everyone knows how much everything costs to maintain? Think about how much revenue is generated by the Flying Eagles, then think about how much is generated by a quick service restaurant; don't say that people come to PKI to ride the scooters, but think about how much you pay to experience it, then think about how much you pay to eat something at PKI. Which ride, show, or attraction makes more money? Exactly... the all mighty dollar wins again.

..matt

• 11 years later...

And in both cases, those who knew typically said nothing or gave vague hints the year before.

For many reasons, proprietary information is best held close to the vest.

Sometimes, what is about to happen seems so outlandish, one can openly discuss it as hearers will openly dismiss it.

There was the time that on closing day at Kings Island several at a Mexican restaurant were told that Top Thrill Dragster was going to be topped-already--by Six Flags--by 28 feet--and the new coaster would be the tallest, fastest roller coaster in the world. The table guffawed. I think the actual TABLE even guffawed. And then...

• Like 8