Backlot stunt coaster

SamDiZZLe3361

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know what will change on Backlot Stunt Coaster??

will they be replacing the giant bilboard with a new design or be taking it down all together??

Check out the signs posted today in the General category.

Guest rcfreak339
I guess we can also forget about all of those effects we were expecting to see when it first opened.

Staircase effect

Audio actually working

The effects are great! and I hope this isn't true it's the only roller coaster I know with those kind of effects. :(

I am suprised the effects even lasted that long to be honest. <_<

Guest rcfreak339
Uh, when did the staircase effect EVER work at Kings Island?

I thought the staircase effect was where the train stops and the helicopter goes up and makes sounds, the flames shoots up ect.

PKIDelirium, it actually worked once at KI? I thought it never worked at any of the parks. I can only remember the audio working on the trains once.

Such a shame KI couldn't maintain it yet the other two parks could.

What? I don't recall the audio EVER working at Canada's Wonderland.

At least KI had the majority of the effects working, I don't think CW had any effects working last season.

When we had training for the ride in 05, tech services was testing the stair effect. They DID have the parts for the stair effect, they were just never on the ride when guests were there because they never worked right. Once the ride opened, they were always in a milk crate in the closet. They were in essence a small subwoofer inside a casing that was installed under the butt of each seat. They were not very convincing and often worked when they were not supposed to. I remember working the unload panel and sending a train into the loading area with all of them buzzing (not supposed to happen). I also remember sitting in a seat with one buzzing; it was not very stair-like. It was more like a very rough massage chair.

MarketingExpress, I remember riding the ride with Kevin that week when we were testing where gold-pass processers could ride and having sound trying to get those stair effects working. We were definately the part of the few that got to experience the poor excuse for an effect.

Believe me, if they had run with the idea, anyone who didn't know that it was a "stair effect," would think there was a problem or that the track was rough going down that hill. It was not a "bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump,'' more likle a "buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

As I said before, I am not aware that effect ever worked (for guests, at least...) at Kings Island. It doesn't sound all that exciting, in any event....and the noises, vibrations and movements that close to one's bowels just sounds....disturbing.

HAHA, well then it's probably a good thing they didnt have them vibrating peoples bowels otherwise people would have started buzzing at the same frequency and who knows what kind of troubles (or messes) that would have caused.

I guess we can also forget about all of those effects we were expecting to see when it first opened.

Staircase effect

Audio actually working

I can actually vouch for MarketingExpress on this one .. I do remember the staircase effect working one time I went. I was going on the ride like anything normal and all of a sudden the staircase effect worked. I thought to myself ... what the heck when did they put that in. However, later on in the day we rode it again just to see if I was crazy or not but this time I never got that effect. So take it for what its worth, it could of been an electrical problem that suddenly worked for some reason I don't know call me crazy haha :rolleyes:

MarketingExpress, I remember riding the ride with Kevin that week when we were testing where gold-pass processers could ride and having sound trying to get those stair effects working. We were definately the part of the few that got to experience the poor excuse for an effect.

Ah, good times, those test runs that we took in the spring, you never knew what was going to work and what wasn't. I do remember the incident with the train going from unload to load, it was a different sound definately not one we were used to. Being on the crew of a new ride is definatley an experience, but being the supervisor of the new ride allowed me to find out and see some crazy things happen.