Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More

The only thing surprises me about this is that they did a press release.

Few parks would do that.

Great move putting out the word....

And I think a lot of guests will never even notice...

I sure hope that stable in the second paragraph said STAPLE attraction in the original. Stable as in not sinking? Stable as in horsey house? :)

• Like 1

I am surprised that there aren't more positive remarks here. I am thrilled by this news. I think there will be a whole lot of people like me that grew up in the 70's who will relish this and in turn encourage more rides with the family. I know that my boys and I can't wait to race each other. And the point made of finally seeing the midway from the right side is certainly valid. I am hoping that this new focus on The Racer will keep the crew of that ride in check. The last few years (last year especially) I was annoyed on more than one occasion by the apathy and non-professional behavior of the crew.

At any rate, I love this decision and I am pleased that Cedar Fair is aware of the KI history.

I don't doubt the view will be great, I would have been in favor of switching sides for the sake of the view, but I just hate this, If they care so much about the history of the park bring back the flying eagles and the antique cars, then I might buy into this crap

Ah yes the good old days, no seat divider, a lap bar that only hit your legs when you went over hills. But most of all, the operator yelling at the top of the hill and on the turn around: For your safety and ours, please remain seated, do not stand. Thank you. Even though half the time you were not standing on purpose.

Saddest day of my life.

Saddest day of your life? Becuase a ride has changed back to it's original status? Kinda funny how your signature has:

Stop Being a Drama Queen

The whole backward gimmick has lasted 26 years. It is time for a change. Remember, there is no reason (at least they haven't given one) that it cannot be switched back in the future.

This is a good decision, as long as Racer actually races most of the time.

The only thing surprises me about this is that they did a press release.

Few parks would do that.

Great move putting out the word....

You were surprised? Really? I would have never guessed....

Has there been a press release from KI stating that both trains on Racer will be forward this year?

No, and I doubt sincerely there will be. Why on earth would you do a press release to announce something that most of your guests couldn't care less about and won't care about unless you alert them to it? Do they do press releases to announce food pricing is going up and serving sizes are being decreased? Of course not.

;)

The whole backward gimmick has lasted 26 years. It is time for a change. Remember, there is no reason (at least they haven't given one) that it cannot be switched back in the future.

This is a good decision, as long as Racer actually races most of the time.

Well if they ever do switch back I hope it is not the old recar.

It's not just that it's flipped around, they also did extensive retracking on it. Word from under the black hat is that it's running better than it ever has!

Better than it ever has?

That's quite a bold statement.

Please post your source, otherwise this must remain a rumor.

... and certainly perspective based rumor at that.

Perhaps someone who has ridden The Racer over 10,000 times (a certain guy named Don comes to mind) could ride it now and offer up his truly unbiased opinion as to whether Racer is now running "better than it ever has." That could be quite interesting....the whole event could be live on television during a Cinci morning show on the highest rated morning show in Cinci. Yep, that could be VERY interesting. And I know just who should ride with him....someone named Ryan, and perhaps a trainload of people, all of whom have ridden Racer each year since 1972...all of them except Ryan, of course, who hasn't...

Perhaps someone who has ridden The Racer over 10,000 times (a certain guy named Don comes to mind) could ride it now and offer up his truly unbiased opinion as to whether Racer is now running "better than it ever has." That could be quite interesting....the whole event could be live on television during a Cinci morning show on the highest rated morning show in Cinci. Yep, that could be VERY interesting. And I know just who should ride with him....someone named Ryan, and perhaps a trainload of people, all of whom have ridden Racer each year since 1972...all of them except Ryan, of course, who hasn't...

Unbiased?

And yeah, even I have not ridden since 1972. I think my first ride on The Racer was in either 1975 or 1976. It was with my Grandfather and I remember bouncing all over the seat. Thought I was going to fall out. But loved it never the less.

Well, far more unbiased than Ryan seems to be lately! :)

Overhyped statements lead to disappointment, as Paramount Parks marketing at Kings Island never seemed to learn. Remember how the parking lot was going to be redone to resemble the Universal of the Midwest? Or how Racer was going to be returned to 1972 condition? Or the urethane wheels and SunCor wood for Son of Beast? Or the incredible pre-publicity for Italian Job? And yes, this was under Paramount.