Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More

Again, CF will probably try harder to race them.

In fact, I for one saw a substantial difference in the racing between 2006 and 2007.

PFFF I think not! They didn't just turn the train around for "fair raceing" or "old style". They did it for maintenance cost and insurance, its all about the money. I say on slow days you will only see one side running. I stand behind my words 100%.

In fact, I for one saw a substantial difference in the racing between 2006 and 2007.

PFFF I think not! They didn't just turn the train around for "fair raceing" or "old style". They did it for maintenance cost and insurance, its all about the money. I say on slow days you will only see one side running. I stand behind my words 100%.

Their commitment is to have both sides open whenever it's necessary. So you may see only one side open, but no more often than they would only open one side when it was backwards/forward.

As far as being "consistent" with other Cedar Fair parks, that's more of an operational thing. You'll notice that they intend to keep each park as a unique identity.

I think theirs a reason why its called RACER. <_<

OK then why go back to both going forwards then? hmmm? when it was backwards they race'd. Like I said on slow days one side will be closed. They only did this for insurance and maintenance cost.

Their commitment is to have both sides open whenever it's necessary. So you may see only one side open, but no more often than they would only open one side when it was backwards/forward.

As far as being "consistent" with other Cedar Fair parks, that's more of an operational thing. You'll notice that they intend to keep each park as a unique identity.

Careful, words can come back. <G>

OK then why go back to both going forwards then? hmmm? when it was backwards they race'd. Like I said on slow days one side will be closed. They only did this for insurance and maintenance cost.

Then in my opinion they should rename it to Rebell Yell or Thunder Road.

Careful, words can come back. <G>

As many recall, on very light operating days, especially early in the season, the backward racer would not open. It would also open around noon during the week during the peak season at some points. So long as The Racer has enough people to constitute keeping both sides open, they'll have both sides open. It's only when half-empty trains begin rolling out on each side that they'll send the crew from one side where they'll be more needed.

O.K., say you're opinions.

But PLEASE don't tell me that "Youre heart's Bleeding" or "This is the saddest day of you're life".

Stop being drama queens. Worse things have happened. Move on.

How dare YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am wounded! You used "you're" in the wrong context as well.

Haha I'm just kidding around.......

My Heart is bleeding was meant to be funny.

I just disagree with the choice that was made. Too bad for backward Racer :(

What, the lack of racing in 2007?

I swear, out of the four years of working at the park and some 800 rides on The Racer, I don't think I've had more raceless rides than in the '07 season.

First of all, there have been zero indications that Racer will not race more often than not.

Second, why waste the park's money on unnecessary staffing when they can use that money somewhere else?

Sure, on slow days, or early in the day, there is an excellent chance that Racer will not be racing. But please name me the park that always has both sides of a racing coasters always racing.

Even at IoA, both sides of Dueling Dragons are not operating on slow days. The same goes for Gwazi at BGA.

First of all, there have been zero indications that Racer will not race more often than not.

Second, why waste the park's money on unnecessary staffing when they can use that money somewhere else?

Sure, on slow days, or early in the day, there is an excellent chance that Racer will not be racing. But please name me the park that always has both sides of a racing coasters always racing.

Even at IoA, both sides of Dueling Dragons are not operating on slow days. The same goes for Gwazi at BGA.

First: Inications?!?! I call turning both sides forward a very good indications.

Second: Why did the park waste money turning around the backwards racer? I think too save money. Also I know what the staff gets paid, not like that creates a dent. Its more of the maintenance crew that takes a lil chunk out.

Sum it up for those short and sweet, turning around the backwards racer = a money saver.

^Well, yea the decision was made mostly with less spending in mind.

And of course one side will not open on slow days or in the early morning ect.

but I can assume that on days when each train is filled, Cedar Fair will try to RACE them. Gemini, for example, always racing when both sides are open.

I mean think about it:

What kind of an example do you want to set for the guests, (by guests I mean people who don't know The Racer), having The Racer not RACE?

First: Inications?!?! I call turning both sides forward a very good indications.

Second: Why did the park waste money turning around the backwards racer? I think too save money. Also I know what the staff gets paid, not like that creates a dent. Its more of the maintenance crew that takes a lil chunk out.

Sum it up for those short and sweet, turning around the backwards racer = a money saver.

So when Racer was first designed and installed in 1972 the intentions were to save money? Because as of right now there are no indications that Racer will be operating any different now then it did then. Forward 1972 to 1981. Forward again in 2008. What differences are there?

I would really like to know how you have come up with that idea.

Perhaps CF turned the backward train forward so that it would actually race again.

BTW- I think that the "wasting money to save money" is a rather intelligent quote. Be sure to tell everyone that you came up with the whole idea.

So when Racer was first designed and installed in 1972 the intentions were to save money? Because as of right now there are no indications that Racer will be operating any different now then it did then. Forward 1972 to 1981. Forward again in 2008. What differences are there?

I would really like to know how you have come up with that idea.

Perhaps CF turned the backward train forward so that it would actually race again.

BTW- I think that the "wasting money to save money" is a rather intelligent quote. Be sure to tell everyone that you came up with the whole idea.

It works, People take out loans to start a business and come out better then before. We are talking about NOW, there was only one reason to turn around The Racer and that was too save money in the long run. The Racers raced and I have count many times they raced. I dont believe they turned it forward just too bring back the old classic racer. Each park needs its "uniquely"

and by turning racers forward took that away from Kings Island. Sorry but to me KI is just takeing two steps forward just to get knock 3 steps back

Why did they turn it backwards in the first place?It was a waste of time and money to turn it backward way back in the 80's. But Cedar Fair didnt own the park back then.

It made perfect sense to turn it backwards!

Bat was malfunctioning, soo to give back to the public they turned oneside of The Racer backwards.

Excellent choice by the park! It really gave The Racers the touch they needed. Look how well it did! there was always a longer line for the backwards racer then the forwards! It was a hit with the public. Why take out something so successful? HMMM only reason I see is the insurance & maintenance cost.