Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More

Why did they turn it backwards in the first place?It was a waste of time and money to turn it backward way back in the 80's. But Cedar Fair didnt own the park back then.

It made perfect sense to turn it backwards!

Bat was malfunctioning, soo to give back to the public they turned oneside of The Racer backwards.

Excellent choice by the park! It really gave The Racers the touch they needed. Look how well it did! there was always a longer line for the backwards racer then the forwards! It was a hit with the public. Why take out something so successful? HMMM only reason I see is the insurance & maintenance cost.

Well,I think its great their putting it back to normal,The way John Allen intended it to be.Anyway,it doesnt matter.What about back then?did they complain it was forward,no,people just rode and enjoyed.The backwards Racer sucked in my opinion.

Why did they turn it backwards in the first place?It was a waste of time and money to turn it backward way back in the 80's. But Cedar Fair didnt own the park back then.

It made perfect sense to turn it backwards!

Bat was malfunctioning, soo to give back to the public they turned oneside of The Racer backwards.

Excellent choice by the park! It really gave The Racers the touch they needed. Look how well it did! there was always a longer line for the backwards racer then the forwards! It was a hit with the public. Why take out something so successful? HMMM only reason I see is the insurance & maintenance cost.

Well,I think its great their putting it back to normal,The way John Allen intended it to be.Anyway,it doesnt matter.What about back then?did they complain it was forward,no,people just rode and enjoyed.The backwards Racer sucked in my opinion.

Well lets get John Allen signed up and see what he says! The only reason people didn't complain is because only one side was turned backwards. They had a choice! you could still go forwards OR if you wanted something more dareing, you could do backwards. Now since there both gona go forward. We no longer have that choice anymore therefor upsets people.

First off, PT they turned it around in 1982.

Second:

I really don't see why we should argue. We have our opinions, and that's great. This Board is here for us to post our opinion. But argueing about it won't change anything. It happened, and that's that. We Can post to see other people's opinions, but I don't see why we should argue about something we can't change.

First off, PT they turned it around in 1982.

Second:

I really don't see why we should argue. We have our opinions, and that's great. This Board is here for us to post our opinion. But argueing about it won't change anything. It happened, and that's that. We Can post to see other people's opinions, but I don't see why we should argue about something we can't change.

I don't argue , I debate. PT your more then welcome to post your opinions but people are going to put your opinions to the test. Well atleast I will.

It works, People take out loans to start a business and come out better then before.

So they are really not wasting money to begin with, yet they are investing money for the future?

So that is what you are claiming CF is doing?

We are talking about NOW, there was only one reason to turn around The Racer and that was too save money in the long run. The Racers raced and I have count many times they raced.

So, since you have counted, exactly how many times have they raced over the last 26 years?

Each park needs its "uniquely" and by turning racers forward took that away from Kings Island. Sorry but to me KI is just takeing two steps forward just to get knock 3 steps back

If you actually believe that the backwards racer has taken the "uniqueness" away from KI, you need to expand your horizons. There are many other things at KI that make it unique.

It made perfect sense to turn it backwards! Bat was malfunctioning, soo to give back to the public they turned oneside of The Racer backwards.

It is rather funny how you mention The Bat. The Bat was opened in 1981, and it operated in 1981 (probably more in '81 than any other year). And in 1982 the park still added a $2.1 million expansion and renovation of Hanna-Barbera Land. TimberWolf Theatre opens its gates. Winterfest debuts. In Oktoberfest a Ferris Wheel and Viking Fury open. Enchanted Voyage is reworked as The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage.

But to "give back to the public" one train on Racer was turned around?

Yeah, ok.

It really gave The Racers the touch they needed.

And you know this how?

Have you experienced Racer with both trains going forward?

Look how well it did! there was always a longer line for the backwards racer then the forwards! It was a hit with the public.

Everyone knows that you cannot judge the popularity of a ride by the length of the line. There are too many factors that contribute to the length of a line.

As of right now, we should take the park for it's word. They wanted to bring Racer back to the way it's supposed to be. Once the park is open and in full swing of the summer season, and only one side of Racer is operating, then you can whine all you want.

So when Racer was first designed and installed in 1972 the intentions were to save money? Because as of right now there are no indications that Racer will be operating any different now then it did then. Forward 1972 to 1981. Forward again in 2008. What differences are there?

I would really like to know how you have come up with that idea.

Perhaps CF turned the backward train forward so that it would actually race again.

BTW- I think that the "wasting money to save money" is a rather intelligent quote. Be sure to tell everyone that you came up with the whole idea.

I can not think of one time up and until the middle/late 90's that both sides of The Racer were not both open. (Both Front or Both Back)

It works, People take out loans to start a business and come out better then before.

So they are really not wasting money to begin with, yet they are investing money for the future?

So that is what you are claiming CF is doing?

We are talking about NOW, there was only one reason to turn around The Racer and that was too save money in the long run. The Racers raced and I have count many times they raced.

So, since you have counted, exactly how many times have they raced over the last 26 years?

Each park needs its "uniquely" and by turning racers forward took that away from Kings Island. Sorry but to me KI is just takeing two steps forward just to get knock 3 steps back

If you actually believe that the backwards racer has taken the "uniqueness" away from KI, you need to expand your horizons. There are many other things at KI that make it unique.

It made perfect sense to turn it backwards! Bat was malfunctioning, soo to give back to the public they turned oneside of The Racer backwards.

It is rather funny how you mention The Bat. The Bat was opened in 1981, and it operated in 1981 (probably more in '81 than any other year). And in 1982 the park still added a $2.1 million expansion and renovation of Hanna-Barbera Land. TimberWolf Theatre opens its gates. Winterfest debuts. In Oktoberfest a Ferris Wheel and Viking Fury open. Enchanted Voyage is reworked as The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage.

But to "give back to the public" one train on Racer was turned around?

Yeah, ok.

It really gave The Racers the touch they needed.

And you know this how?

Have you experienced Racer with both trains going forward?

Look how well it did! there was always a longer line for the backwards racer then the forwards! It was a hit with the public.

Everyone knows that you cannot judge the popularity of a ride by the length of the line. There are too many factors that contribute to the length of a line.

As of right now, we should take the park for it's word. They wanted to bring Racer back to the way it's supposed to be. Once the park is open and in full swing of the summer season, and only one side of Racer is operating, then you can whine all you want.

First of all Beast1979 stop spamming, if your going to reply atleast try to come up with more then 3 words.

1.Im claiming Cedar Fair is fixing something that isn't broke. Like I said in couple my last posts There is really no reason to turn around the backwards racer. Then they try to cover it up by saying they wanted to bring back the classic racer. I dont think soo.

2. Many times

3. O like how the Son of Beast has a loop? o wait!!!!!..... You dont see many backwards trains for a wood so ya it did take away some uniqueness

4. That was just one of the many things they did. Ok if you wanted me to post a history report you shoulda told me.

5.I have, and I can say when one side was turned backwards I was very excitied. It really put the ride together, cause there was something about one raceing forwards and one raceing backwards

6. When both racers are going and there are no technical difficulties, it seems backwards always has a longer line.

Also to add this isn't whine'ing , this is ranting.

^ Wow.

You actually think that there was a choice in the removal of SoB's loop? They could have actually just torn the whole thing down and still been justified in doing so.

But, ironically enough against your arguement, CF spent the money needed to keep the coaster operating the best it could.

Instead of reading your pointless whining (sorry, ranting), may I suggest starting a group to boycott KI. Because at this point, you have no facts, you have no valid points, and will obviously just try and twist everything the park has done into something terrible.

^ Wow.

You actually think that there was a choice in the removal of SoB's loop? They could have actually just torn the whole thing down and still been justified in doing so.

But, ironically enough against your arguement, CF spent the money needed to keep the coaster operating the best it could.

Instead of reading your pointless whining (sorry, ranting), may I suggest starting a group to boycott KI. Because at this point, you have no facts, you have no valid points, and will obviously just try and twist everything the park has done into something terrible.

That coulda been debated on more..... I got valid points, im sorry their not geting threw your thick skull. Im showing you what the park has done. They want to cover up with "The decision to run both sides of The Racer forward again after 26 years with one side facing backward was made in an effort to be consistent with other Cedar Fair parks." which is not the case!!! They just didn't wanna pay for the extra cost for the ride.

They just didn't wanna pay for the extra cost for the ride.

You have no way of knowing that.

Yea I do actully. You have any idea what the insurance was for it just to go backwards? and then it to run both sides? All I can say is they took a short cut that was just dumb. I wont be surprise to see one side down in the mornings or on slow days.

Yea I do actully. You have any idea what the insurance was for it just to go backwards? and then it to run both sides? All I can say is they took a short cut that was just dumb. I wont be surprise to see one side down in the mornings or on slow days.

And you know what the insurance price tag was for the park?

Just like you knew this:

What don't they get? I put it in clear english. I THINK WE ARE GETING 2 MAJOR THRILL RIDES. I think SOB will Be number 1 in all the wooden coaster world records. So tell me what eles you don't get or any other people?

and this:

I will clear things up,

Son of Beast is not geting new trains!

Son of Beast is not apart of the 2007 program

Wait 3 weeks and be ready to have a heart attack when you do see what we're geting.

and when it comes down to what you know about where the park's money is spent, it is well defined here:

It doesnt take 10million to get X-flight , and you can get a major thrill ride for 6mill. Trust me =). Son of Beast is not included in the 2007 program!

And you know what the insurance price tag was for the park?

Just like you knew this:

What don't they get? I put it in clear english. I THINK WE ARE GETING 2 MAJOR THRILL RIDES. I think SOB will Be number 1 in all the wooden coaster world records. So tell me what eles you don't get or any other people?

and this:

I will clear things up,

Son of Beast is not geting new trains!

Son of Beast is not apart of the 2007 program

Wait 3 weeks and be ready to have a heart attack when you do see what we're geting.

and when it comes down to what you know about where the park's money is spent, it is well defined here:

It doesnt take 10million to get X-flight , and you can get a major thrill ride for 6mill. Trust me =). Son of Beast is not included in the 2007 program!

Plans change, SOB was going to keep current trains but re-modified them. Little money was going to be spent on it. Also I was told we were gona get a Jump2 and put it back with X-flight and Flight of Fear. That plan was shot down. So anything else you want me to clear up?

Plans change, SOB was going to keep current trains but re-modified them. Little money was going to be spent on it. Also I was told we were gona get a Jump2 and put it back with X-flight and Flight of Fear. That plan was shot down. So anything else you want me to clear up?

No, I don't think there is anything that you need to clear up.

What you know, and your knowledge of things, is quite clear.

Love, exciting and new

Come Aboard. We're expecting you.

Love, life's sweetest reward.

Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Love Boat soon will be making another run

The Love Boat promises something for everyone

Set a course for adventure,

Your mind on a new romance.

Love won't hurt anymore

It's an open smile on a friendly shore.

Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! (hey-ah!)

Love Boat soon will be making another run

The Love Boat promises something for everyone

Set a course for adventure,

Your mind on a new romance.

Love won't hurt anymore

It's an open smile on a friendly shore.

It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

It's the Love Boat-ah! It's the Love Boat-ah!

• Like 1

Those posts were made in early 07 I would take them back if I woulda known what I know now.

So the comments of "trust me =)", "I put it in clear english", "Wait 3 weeks and be ready to have a heart attack when you do see what we're geting" were just made-up tales?

Who woulda thunk it?

But since a time frame was mentioned, lets's take a look at some of the recent "greatest hits":

^in your dreams, trust me my resources say new SLIDE for 2008.

^ sorry to tell you, but it is. There expermenting with the G-trains on The Beast. SO its not a 100% but more like 80%

Screamscape is reporting a rumor from a source that Kings Island may see a large steel coaster

for the 2009 season, running out in the woods near The Beast. A fantastic idea-i hope this becomes

a reality.

Was it the dip-dots guy? or was it the picture takers?

!ALSO!

don't be surprise if Drop Tower, goes back to drop zone. drop zone is not really related to paramount, there are many other drop rides that are name drop zone. So im sure right now their just being safe and checking into the licences for the ride.

Those posts were made in early 07 I would take them back if I woulda known what I know now.

So the comments of "trust me =)", "I put it in clear english", "Wait 3 weeks and be ready to have a heart attack when you do see what we're geting" were just made-up tales?

Who woulda thunk it?

But since a time frame was mentioned, lets's take a look at some of the recent "greatest hits":

^in your dreams, trust me my resources say new SLIDE for 2008.

^ sorry to tell you, but it is. There expermenting with the G-trains on The Beast. SO its not a 100% but more like 80%

Screamscape is reporting a rumor from a source that Kings Island may see a large steel coaster

for the 2009 season, running out in the woods near The Beast. A fantastic idea-i hope this becomes

a reality.

Was it the dip-dots guy? or was it the picture takers?

!ALSO!

don't be surprise if Drop Tower, goes back to drop zone. drop zone is not really related to paramount, there are many other drop rides that are name drop zone. So im sure right now their just being safe and checking into the licences for the ride.

To behonest with you I quit at the mid of 07 season and Last thing I heard about 08 was a certin slide was going to be removed and replaced. The G-trains were gona be tested on The Beast but last I heard they called that off. I havent looked back for these topics. So find some more so i can correct myself! and Drop Zone maybe a movie but the name is used on other drop type rides. Lol if your trying to make me look like a fool all I can say is Good luck

Edit: maybe tales now but at the time they were on the agenda

I would guess this was more for safety. They can see if people are complaining more about one side or the other where you can't. With the beating you take on it going forward I can only guess what the backward was like because I have never been on it.

I always considered recaR much more smoother than the forward Racer. This opinion varies greatly among park guests. I always tried to ride in the middle of the car and if you relaxed and kept your back against the back it was a very enjoyable ride. I always enjoyed going backward down that first hill and just relaxing.

^I am not trying to make you look like a fool.

I don't have to do that.

But it certainly needs to be expressed that when you make comments like:

They just didn't wanna pay for the extra cost for the ride.

You have no way of knowing that.

It should be known that, in the past, you have made extremely bold statements, that haven't even come close to being true. Now you are proclaiming to know the cost of an insurance policy for certain rides? You are not claiming an opinion, but stating a fact. But with no type of proof.

Hey, if you hate that fact that Racer is no longer going backwards, that's your opinion. But like you said:

To behonest with you I quit at the mid of 07 season and Last thing I heard about 08 was a certin slide was going to be removed and replaced.

If your information was bad back then, how could it have improved now?