Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More

^ :lol: You really are cracking me up today! No Amber alert has been put out... I've lost them and don't want to find them again, so if you see them wandering around somewhere, just look the other way and keep walking!

Just kinda look up into the air, whistle and think nostalgically!

I get it!

<G>

And Congrats, by the way!

Once they made the switch they raced backwards verse fowrwards, and then they stopped caring. I feel like they will stop caring after a year or two and in a couple of years it will be the same thing as it is now without the option of going backwards. I do however think that for atleast this year the racing will spark a new intrest in the ride even though many people are resisting the change.

Different management.

Different operations people.

Different company.

What Taft/KECO did was different from what Paramount Parks did which is different even from how CBS handled things at the end which is different from how how Cedar Fair does things. Even Cedar Fair does things differently now than it did prior to the Paramount Parks purchase, as circumstances are far different.

Kind of odd that a stated reason for doing this is nostalgia, given all that. No?

In the days of manual braking, it was not just pushing a button...it was modulating the brakes at the right time, every time....peoples' lives were literally in your hands. Parks, I am quite sure, were very glad when this process became automated.

Come on Interp, I'm certain you have ridden more coasters than I with hand brakes.

Never had a problem on a coaster that way.

That's because back then only very trusted and reliable ride operators were trusted to operate those big old brake levers. In most small parks, they were generally older, retired men. You seldom saw a kid or a young person operating the brakes. Theme parks were a different story, but I doubt many young people worked their first season at Kings Island operating the brakes on Racer.

That's because back then only very trusted and reliable ride operators were trusted to operate those big old brake levers. In most small parks, they were generally older, retired men. You seldom saw a kid or a young person operating the brakes. Theme parks were a different story, but I doubt many young people worked their first season at Kings Island operating the brakes on Racer.

Well, there was a time that very few first season folk operated any rides.

I think the first season people were just responsible for hyping the brand new decals on the front of The Racer. <G>

Of course you can....some here have called me far worse, I am quite sure.

There are times it is good to be old, and to be nostalgic.

Well this has not been confirmed, but a rumor is that they're gonna plant you right in the middle of the band stand this season.

We're bringing Nostalgia Back. <G>