Your reaction to the Racer news

italianchef

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enlighten me, Terpy. Seriously, not being a smart ass here either, just want to know what you know.

Honestly I'm open minded to The Racer facing either way. It was flipped as a quick fix to make people feel better about The Bat being broken down all the time, obviously nowadays the Bat is long gone, and its replacement, The Vortex, has been one of the best Investment's KI ever built, not to mention they got a hell of a deal building it. So obviously nowadays the reasons The Racer as flipped doesn't matter, so I'm fine with it going foward or backwards. But why is it a better investment to keep it going foward than backwards?

Again, because it would cost many, many dollars to turn one side around now. Think about this....list every PTC wooden coaster train running backwards in the USA....then think about insurance costs, manufacturer's recommendations, etc. Then there is the loss of credibility involved. The park has told the public they turned the train around for nostalgia. I can see them, were they to decide to undo that, saying: "We heard you! Backwards Racer is back!" But, honestly, I don't know why they would WANT to do that.

The park has gotten relatively few comments about The Racer turnabout. Of those it has received, the overwhelming majority have been positive comments. Why upset those who are pleased (and there are many) that the coaster is back to running back sides forwards? Especially when: 1. very few really care, 2. Of those who do, most are pleased, and 3. the forward thing had many good and sound reasons for it and reversing that costs money and has few benefits. If you are going to tell me it would please coaster enthusiasts, they are going to come either way...so that's not an important reason, nor one Cedar Fair would take seriously. Jeff Seibert is gone.

Well honestly I'm sure by my comments It sounds like I cared, but I really don't. Honestly I'm indifferent. They want to run it backwards they can run it backwards, they want to run it foward, they can run it forward. While I preferred the backwards racer every time I rode it, you're not going to see my lobbying to flip it back around.

I always loved the backwards one to me it was something different. I love things that stand out. Plus it was the first Racer I rode on. But since there's nothing we can do to change them might well enjoy them. Anyway's at least they race them together more now.

• 3 weeks later...

^^Although I LOVED the backwards Racer as well, that side is definitely a lot smoother than I ever really remember the original frontwards side being, although it's not as smooth now as it was in April, it's still very ride-able.

Looking at the big picture, CF has definitely helped to "make good" on certain changes with Diamondback....