Sneak Peak! New Ride Signs and Logos

BoddaH1994

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor pet peeve... they opted for the poor mans spelling of "Theater." The classier "Theatres" are spelled r-e.

That would have been nice. Along with that I'm not awfully fond of the typeface. Something more elegant or perhaps art deco would be more appropriate.

I don't know if it was like this before (because I would rarely visit the KI Theatre/Theater) but did it have neon lights like that? Because to me, the neon lights don't exactly match the style of the building.

Other than that, I really like the new signs. Thanks for the update!

I agree with the other posters I like the look of the Backlot Stunt Coaster and the crypt, both better then what I thought they would be. The Kings Island Theater, though looks like they did it on the cheap. The Paramount Facade, in my opinion, looked much nicer. But I guess this is the Cedar Fair affect, the company as never been known for caring too much about themeing. They pretty much follow the RTC approach to amusement parks, cotton candy stand 1, rollercoaster 2, fries stand 3.

I agree with the other posters I like the look of the Backlot Stunt Coaster and the crypt, both better then what I thought they would be. The Kings Island Theater, though looks like they did it on the cheap. The Paramount Facade, in my opinion, looked much nicer. But I guess this is the Cedar Fair affect, the company as never been known for caring too much about themeing. They pretty much follow the RTC approach to amusement parks, cotton candy stand 1, rollercoaster 2, fries stand 3.

Well, the Theater sign was certainly not made on the cheap. It looks to be neon lighting. That certainly was not cheap.

Well, the Theater sign was certainly not made on the cheap. It looks to be neon lighting. That certainly was not cheap.

It certainly looks cheap, at least compared to the previous sign...i don't think the sign is horrible by any means, but its a huge contrast from the previous sign that made the theatre look majestic...

Well considering if found a company that does custom neon work and charges about 7 dollars a foot, and I would guess that the sign has less then 300 feat of neon in it, that is only $2,100 which in my book is pretty cheap. I mean I could afford that. so for a large public company yeah I would say it was done on the cheap and looks it. Just my opinion. The other sings look good though, and we only have the one picture, so maybe it will look better in person.

It certainly looks cheap, at least compared to the previous sign...i don't think the sign is horrible by any means, but its a huge contrast from the previous sign that made the theatre look majestic...

I'm not disagreeing that the sign certainly does not live up to the history of this show place. What I'm saying is that it was not created or installed inexpensively.

The thing is, they could have spent less money and made the sign actually fit the venue.

Obviously someone that is "designed challenged" created it.