Sneak Peak! New Ride Signs and Logos

BoddaH1994

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleasantly surprised with the changes. I think its cool they sent KIC the pics, too.

The Kings Island Theater is one of those things in the park that is so blatantly straight out of the '70's. For me, thats a lot of its charm. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get a modern make-over in the next few years. The reason I think this is that CF seems to be putting a lot of emphasis on the shows. The inside is fine, but some sprucing up in the front could really bring some excitement to that portion of the park.

Personally, i liked the Paramount Theatre's sign better than how it is now. The Crypt's sign looks awesome, it kind of fits in more with Rivertown. I don't like Backlot Stunt Coaster's sign that much, it still looks like IJST. Ive seen Flight Deck's sign at King's Dominion, and it looks awesome.

Personally, i liked the Paramount Theatre's sign better than how it is now. The Crypt's sign looks awesome, it kind of fits in more with Rivertown. I don't like Backlot Stunt Coaster's sign that much, it still looks like IJST. Ive seen Flight Deck's sign at King's Dominion, and it looks awesome.

I think you might me mistaken here, because KD doesn't have a Flight Deck that I know of. But I'd assume KI's FD logo will look similar to the one at CGA. I found this pic of it through a Google search. :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/233939...35beced.jpg?v=0

I think you might me mistaken here, because KD doesn't have a Flight Deck that I know of. But I'd assume KI's FD logo will look similar to the one at CGA. I found this pic of it through a Google search. :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/233939...35beced.jpg?v=0

THANK YOU!!! I have been looking and waiting for someone to post that!!!!! I think it will look great at KI too.And I thought all the names were stupid,but after seeing what they look like,I think their pretty cool!

My dad actually put up the paramount theatre sign, so its kinda sad for me to see it go.

Plus, I would annoy my boyfriend everytime we would walk by it and say "Hey, did you know my dad put up that sign" lol.

So.... either your dad or his company put up the Kings Island Theatre sign too.

And there could be several reasons for that. It could be that there was some sort of structural issue (ie water damage, or rot) that was cost prohibitive to keep that pre-facade set of columns on KI`s theater.

And I do not think that the KI Theater sign looks that bad. I mean, they did keep it as a neon sign. Had they wanted to do it cheap, it would have been a simple graphics sign like the attraction guideline signs. Keep in mind that with neon signs, the cost associated with purchasing the signs is only a portion of the costs. You have the cost of actually mounting the signs in place, as well as all the labor costs for running the electrical supplies to each of the new sign locations.

And there could be several reasons for that. It could be that there was some sort of structural issue (ie water damage, or rot) that was cost prohibitive to keep that pre-facade set of columns on KI`s theater.

DING!DING!DING! We have a winner! That facade was in terrible shape. The carpenters spent hours each year before the park opened trying to fix bad spots and paint the peeling paint again!

My dad actually put up the paramount theatre sign, so its kinda sad for me to see it go.

Plus, I would annoy my boyfriend everytime we would walk by it and say "Hey, did you know my dad put up that sign" lol.

I was kinda sad when they took down the sign that said American Heritage Music Hall.

No, my dad didn't put it up, but it was a much classier name and was a bit patriotic.

i really liked the crypt's logo and sign, but i have to dissagree and say i don't like backlot's new sign b/c stunt coaster is really dominating backlot unlike the italian job's where stunt track was written smaller in the bottom corner, and i think that Kings Island theater looks very plain without the columns.

So.... either your dad or his company put up the Kings Island Theatre sign too.

Nope, he didnt put up the new one. I wonder who did. I am going to guess that Cedar Fair hired a company to travel and put up the new signs in all of the parks.