Sneak Peak! New Ride Signs and Logos

BoddaH1994

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt that Cedar Fair asked a company to travel to all of their parks putting up the new signs. Likely, they went with a local company for this work. Maybe, with the new ownership, they opted to switch to another company. Maybe they have experience with a company that is in Sandusky that is also in Cincinnati. I just doubt they would ask one company to travel multiple states to install the signs. Specifically when certain things require licenses in each state.

^You would be surprised, do they have an exclusive contract with a certain co.? I travel all over the world, mainly in Europe, just to grease motors and adjust programs and fix sensors. The places I go to use me just because of the contract that they have with the manufacture. I am not saying that this is the case, but it can and does save money to have things like this written in an exclusive contract.

Right. And that may indeed be the case. However, certain trades, like architectural firms, and some other trades like electricians must be licensed in the state before they can practice in each state. That in itself is not impossible to do. Many of the firms I`ve co-oped at have held licenses in multiple states. But sometimes it is easier if the park can have someone local do the work that is familiar with the park, and can be called on an instants notice.

Likely, they went with a local company for this work. Maybe, with the new ownership, they opted to switch to another company. Maybe they have experience with a company that is in Sandusky that is also in Cincinnati.

I believe they have the same company that put up the original Paramount branded sign. The company also did work around Cincinnati, including The Jewish Hospital.

The Kings Island Theater is really crappy looking. You can tell they just ripped parts out and tacked a new sign up. The Paramount Theater looked magnificent. It is little changes like this that really change the feel of the park. Those shingles look wretched.