KICentral Mobile Group Survey

BoddaH1994

A special thanks goes out again to the many of you that have signed up for KICentral's new text messaging service. Since I've given everyone a taste of what it's all about, I was just looking for some feedback as to how you feel about the service.

Additional open ended questions:

1) Was the content of the texts appropriate in making you want to read more on KICentral?

2) Was the time of day the texts were sent convenient and non-disruptive?

3) Would you add anything to the program that would enhance your experience here on KIC?

4) If you're not a member, why haven't you joined? Is there anything we could do with the service that would make it more tempting for you to join?

For more information on the KICentral Mobile Club, click here!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

when you go to the site to join look at the left side. There are what I am going to assume are the text messages that have gone out on updates for this particular group. It looks as if this is likely a weekly thing at best and likely not going to get bombarded with things.

There is not honestly a lot of things you can put in a text message but seems as if this is a nice little thing to let us know to check out the website for more information if the text in interesting to you. Kind of a nice little heads up that there is an articule on the site with more information.

It is a good idea if you are interested in knowing the positive things coming up.

1) I think the content is great. I like the amount of text as well. Whenever, I hear the sound that I got a new message I know I have to check it right away because it could be KIC. Then I know I need to visit KICentral as soon as possible.

2) I think the time is fine.

3) I have a basic text messaging service and I don't use messaging much (basically just for the KIC alerts) so I don't know if I have the knowledge to suggest something new to improve the system.

• 3 months later...
Guest TombraiderTy

My complaints about it is that I've received several text-messages during the school day and that I received message after message about how I should sign up for KICentral Day, after I had signed up a week before.

• 5 months later...

Maybe you can create groups that we can sign up for daily updates, and then a group for major/important updates that you have been sending?

Time of day is not important in my opinion. If you signed up for the service you should expect to get a text at any time, and silence your phone when appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

how come they don't offer it for trackphone?!?!? :(

Most likely, there's no free web/email<->SMS gateway for tracfone, meaning there's no way to get messages to your phone without paying for the privilege. Since the service used for this text messaging group is free, it simply doesn't work for that provider.

This service hasn't been used in awhile, so you're not currently missing anything.

how come they don't offer it for trackphone?!?!? :(

Most likely, there's no free web/email<->SMS gateway for tracfone, meaning there's no way to get messages to your phone without paying for the privilege. Since the service used for this text messaging group is free, it simply doesn't work for that provider.

This service hasn't been used in awhile, so you're not currently missing anything.

TracFone is never listed as a supported carrier on anything like this because TracFone does not have its own network; rather, it piggybacks on the major carriers' networks. Therefore, if you have TracFone, you need to select the carrier whose network your phone runs on. If your phone is a GSM phone, try AT&T first, then T-Mobile if that doesn't work. If it's a CDMA model, try Verizon, then Sprint. If you're not sure which it is, just try each of those four until it works.