KICentral Mobile Group Survey

BoddaH1994

TracFone is never listed as a supported carrier on anything like this because TracFone does not have its own network; rather, it piggybacks on the major carriers' networks. Therefore, if you have TracFone, you need to select the carrier whose network your phone runs on. If your phone is a GSM phone, try AT&T first, then T-Mobile if that doesn't work. If it's a CDMA model, try Verizon, then Sprint. If you're not sure which it is, just try each of those four until it works.

That may or may not work, since the big carriers generally don't provide their email<->SMS gateways to MVNOs. Thus, sending an email to tracfonenumber@vtext.com wouldn't necessarily work, even if it's operating on Verizon's network.

In any case, try it and see.

I've gotten my TracFone that runs on AT&T to work with similar systems with no problem. I send texts to my email all the time, and they show as coming from mynumber@txt.att.net. I just sent a test message the other way from my email to my phone and it went through with no problem.