What is the worst roller coaster you have ever been on. EVER?

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

What is the worst roller coaster you have ever been on, EVER!

Well last summer our family went to Las Vegas and we did everything!, the shows, resturants and the most fun roller coasters!

First we took a nice walk to the adventure dome and it was pretty awsome I loved Canyon Blaster. But after that we took another walk to the New York, New York Hotel and casinio and rode Manhatten Express and it SUCKED! The part after the dive loop was the worst whiplash I have ever had on a roller coaster and its not worth $12.50 to ride unless it comes with a bottel of Pain Killers! lol :wacko:

Of all the parks that I've been to and all the coasters I've ridden, yes, Kings Island's SOB has that honor. I've not ridden in since the loop was removed. I honestly can't say that I ever will ride it again. The last time I road the ride my neck and back hurt for almost a week. It was hands down the most painful and miserable coaster I've ever been on.

Worst Steel: Tie, Flashback @ SFOT and Ultra Twister @ SFAW. The former is just your standard Verkoma Boomerang, however on the forwards trip through the batwing element my OTSR slammed down two or three clicks on me giving me causing me excruciating back pain, felt someone had stuck me with a huge pin. The latter I really had to squeezed down into because I was nearly too tall to ride, of course shifting on the first drop caused that same pain.

Worst Wood: The Rattler @ SFFT. Five words: Never ending helix of pain. Just imagine the rosebowl with the loop, except longer and more rough (even if it was slower.)

Funny the three Texas SF have housed my worst rides, even though I know the boomerang issue was only a fluke when I go back to SFOT (and I will I like that park) Ill never ride that ride again. As for Rattler, if they need someone to burn the only blight that wonderful park has, I have my torch ready.

Every summer i visit family down in Atlanta, and we visit SFOG. Towards the back of the park is the mos horrible, jerky, headbanger in the world! It's Ninja! It's by far the worst coaster ever made!

LOL

Interp would probably agree with you on that one.

For me, I don't think Ninja is all that different than Vortex. (All be it, Vortex has a nicer setting.)

The worst Roller Coaster that I have ever been on is Cedar Creek Mine Ride at Cedar Point. That thing, isn't even really themed all that well, about the only theming is the rustic wood supports. It is very rough as well. Second is the Georgia Cyclone, but my favorite is a toss-up between Montu and Kumba at Busch Gardens.

The worst Roller Coaster that I have ever been on is Cedar Creek Mine Ride at Cedar Point. That thing, isn't even really themed all that well, about the only theming is the rustic wood supports. It is very rough as well. Second is the Georgia Cyclone, but my favorite is a toss-up between Montu and Kumba at Busch Gardens.

I would have to agree with the favorites.

Both Montu and Kumba are very much favorites of mine!

Heres a Video of the Manhatten Express posted by TPR about a year ago. LOL! :lol: This is proof of how bad this ride really is! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ky1eDX7PmA

Haha yeah, I've seen that before. I love it in the middle when he just goes through a flurry of random expletives.

SoB is inhumanely rough. It would probably get my vote if I wasn't so young and my body can still take it's wraith. I actually consider it kind of fun; just getting the _ _ _ _ beat out of me.

I would have to agree that CCMR is one of the most lame coasters ever. Also, I didn't have that exciting of a ride on Mean Streak (it seemed to be going kind of slow and I didn't experience any roughness). And then with Raven, it's an okay ride just really really really short. Definitely not as good as some people think (doesn't deserve #7 in the world / doesn't deserve to be in front of The Beast IMO).

In conclusion, worst = CCMR (since I haven't been on Manhattan Express)

This took me a while to think of one. I am the kind of person who does not rate coasters. I don't have a favorite or least favorite. I have never been on a coaster in which I hated but if I had to choose, it would be the spiral coaster at the now defunct Lotte World Sky Plaza. This park was at the top of a skyscraper and had two coasters.

p17577.jpg

Yes it was a pipeline coaster and it opened just before we left for America. It was not technically a bad ride but it was a ride you would not want to ride twice in a row.

I would have considered SOB one of the worst with the old trains and the loop. However in 2006 when they removed a car and did a lot of track work it was a fairly good ride and now with the new trains and no loop it's no more rougher than The Beast. With as much speed as you get in the area where the loop used to be I think a tunnel there would really spice up the ride and give it more of a throwback to The Beast.

These days I think SOB is a decent ride.

Its Sad To Say But In My Opinion, I Will Ride Son of Beast With The Steal Coaster Trains And The Loop (Before The Modifications) Instead Of Riding Ninja At SFOG Again.....That Ride Was The Worst Ride Ever In History. I Was In So Much Pain. What The Hell Was Vekoma Thinking?

I Also Prefer To Ride The Chang At Kentucky Kingdom Instead of The Mantis At Cedar Point. It's the Mirror Image of The Mantis But With An Extra Corkscrew And The Ride Seems To Be So Much Smoother Than The Mantis.......I'm All About Smoothness LOL

The Countdown:

4 - Looping Star, Beech Bend, Bowling Green KY - As SOB_TOM stated, they wouldn't take my cup of ice. They told me to take it with me on the ride. Yeah, it ended up all over the rides behind me. It's more or less a Galaxy coaster with a loop. During part of the helix finale, the train lightly strikes the ground. When you are slammed into the final brake run, the OTSRs release and go into an upright position immediately, hitting most riders in the head. When returning to the station, the train strikes the fence every time. A total piece of garbage.

3 - Mean Streak, Cedar Point, Sandusky OH - Big, tall, painful, and stupid. Everyone on the train was writhing in pain at the final brake run. One of the most uncomfortable rides I've ever been on.

2 - Son of Beast (circa 2005), Kings Island - The track work got worse and worse until hitting a pinnacle in 2005 when I could only ride it once a month or so. Every time I'd ride, I got a shooting pain in my rib cage while going down into the final dip. I'm not sure why. Many people would wait to ride this until the end of the day because they'd commonly get headaches. Fortunately, after the improvements, new trains, and reopening on July 4th of last year, the ride is a thousand times better. It may not have a loop, but it's not a fun ride again.

1 - Villain, Geauga Lake, Aurora OH - One of the most painful experiences I have ever had on a coaster. You'd get an instant of air time before the weight of the world crashing down on you at the bottom of each hill. Ronny and I insisted on riding it twice in order to torture the other members of our group.

First off, let me just say that I adore Villain and SoB. It gives you the "Out of Control, gonna die" feeling that really thrills me.

I hate to point out coasters, or even rides, that I dislike. If I don't like a ride I get off and say,

"well, I don't really like that one." And I just don't ride it.

But if I must then I must.

I really don't prefer Flight of Fear. It is a fun ride, but it gets real old to fast. Something you ride once and don't ride again till you forget what happens on the ride.

Steel: Outer Limits: Flight of Fear. I listed the old name because I'm referring to when it was known as that and had the OTSRs. And I do rate that experience as worse than Manhattan Express, which was rough as well. Today Flight of Fear is a great ride.

Wood: Mean Streak. The only coaster I have ever sworn never to ride again. I broke that promise when I went with a friend a few years ago who had not been to CP in decades, but wanted to ride it despite my warnings. He soon agreed with me, and I renewed my vow once again after foolhardily ignoring my own advice for the benefit of my friend.

For me, CCMR. I can't fit on it anymore. The trains are just too darn small.

And for the record, I loved Raven. I thought that it was a great ride, especially in the back of the train. The airtime on the dive into the woods was amazing. And just flying through the woods was quite the experience.