What is the worst roller coaster you have ever been on. EVER?

Guest rcfreak339

^ I have to agree. I do miss the loop, but I'll take no loop over the insane pain that it caused anyday.

i loved the roughness of Son of Beast and the loop, now that it has been "neutered" it is to smooth and i don't like it as well. although i have found that the very back of The Beast is sorta rough like it's son

The worst ride I've been on has to be Hurler at Carowinds. F'n terrible. Beat the crap out of me...BUT it had nice airtime.

I really have fun on pretty much coaster I go on. Maybe I'm an optimist or something, but whatever.

Manits can be a little rough depending on how you have yourself situated, but it doesn't hold a candle to Son of Beast, that is the only coaster I cannot ride, it absolutely destroys my head, and I'm not one to get headaches, but it feels like I am getting beat over the head with a baseball bat when I ride it, never again, i've attempted 3 times and every time it seems to get worse

I couldn't possibly agree more with the original poster. Manhattan Express is by far the worst roller coaster I have ever ridden...and back then it was only ten dollars. Ninja at SFOG is a very close second. As for wood, these days I guess Predator at Darien Lake takes that honor. I loved Hercules when it opened....

Mantis. Since the first time I went to Cedar Point in 2000 I always wanted to ride it. I was highly disappointed in the experience when I rode it last year. It is a very uncomfortable ride and after the first loop I just wanted off.

I have to agree with you here, and I would also add that another one of my extremely least favorite rides is the now defunct Python at BGA. Talk about rough and tumble!

Once upon a time, when I was a very large person, I loved T2. Now that I have lost a substantial amount of weight, I no longer find that ride so welcoming. Head banging? Not in my experience. Rather, a VERY unpleasant forward to backward shuffling I have not found on any other ride, other than the other Vekoma SLC prototype....

Mantis. Since the first time I went to Cedar Point in 2000 I always wanted to ride it. I was highly disappointed in the experience when I rode it last year. It is a very uncomfortable ride and after the first loop I just wanted off.

I have to agree with you here, and I would also add that another one of my extremely least favorite rides is the now defunct Python at BGA. Talk about rough and tumble!

I totally forgot about Python, it isn't the worst ride ive ever rode... but it's pretty bad.

My favorite roller coasters are...

Goliath (SFOG)- amazing air time and great speed.

Son of Beast (KI)- Most people find it a terriable ride, but i enjoy it because of it's speed, height, and rough-ness!

Maverick (CP)- Smooth, i love the launch, horse shoe rolls rock, and the 90º drop!

As much negative reviews there are of Son of Beast, I have to disagree and say I sincerely enjoy Son of Beast. I would be a hypocrite not to agree that it is rough, more rough than most rides but that is one of the things I have to look over. The only part that I feel it it rough is the first double helix. The rest of the ride is a wonderful experience. Some people can handle it and some can't, it just depends how much your body can handle under the dynamics of the ride.

^^Maverick has a 95 degree drop.

Back on topic..

I'll have to say the worst experience I've had on a coaster is probably Son of Beast. I've never been hurt so bad by a coaster in my life. And I also despise Raging Bull at SFGA. It's not rough at all, but they just trim the crap out of it. It's so disappointing, given the size of it.

Definately SOB. I think it is worse with the loop out and the new trains.

Close second is Face-Off. The g's on the ride make me come close to fainting.

Quite a few people have rated Mantis one of the worst. I must say it is one of my favs. It doesn't hurt your knees if you bend them a little. Also if you hold your head forward it doesn't get banged around.

Guest rcfreak339
Once upon a time, when I was a very large person, I loved T2. Now that I have lost a substantial amount of weight, I no longer find that ride so welcoming. Head banging? Not in my experience. Rather, a VERY unpleasant forward to backward shuffling I have not found on any other ride, other than the other Vekoma SLC prototype....

OMG! I feel the same thing every time I get on T2 too. It is very unpleasent and can hurt bad at times.

Definately SOB. I think it is worse with the loop out and the new trains.

Close second is Face-Off. The g's on the ride make me come close to fainting.

Quite a few people have rated Mantis one of the worst. I must say it is one of my favs. It doesn't hurt your knees if you bend them a little. Also if you hold your head forward it doesn't get banged around.

First off, SoB with the new trains is a 10,000 times better ride! I love it!

Second, if you don't like Face/Off, ride Head Spin (Head Ache).

I can't believe no one has said T2 at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom yet. The head banging was just horrible on it.

Totally forgot about that ride. I would have to say that I rode it the first year that it opened and I'll never do it again. That would be the first rollercoaster that ever gave me a headache.

Maverick (CP)- Smooth, i love the launch, horse shoe rolls rock, and the 90º drop!

While Maverick is a wonderful coaster, the restraints took a lot away from the experience. They were uncomfortable and and really abuse the top of each shoulder.

I have only ridden Maverick twice, but I feel the same way about the restraints. I thought that it was going to chop my neck off.

edit: sorry about the double post.