SIX Now On Penny Stock Lists

This gentleman was the former manager at Kentucky Kingdom...and when he sends an email that says if he wanted to make money, he'd nickel and dime you to death AND in the same email talks of 17, 13 or 9 dollar lockers (and HE put them in that order), you can see what this is about. Saying an outside vendor is doing the dollar lockers doesn't mean Six Flags isn't making money on this deal. That outside vendor PAYS to be there.

As for the DVD's, I've been to two Six Flags parks so far this season. At both, I have seen people walk out of the shows. Most people don't go to parks to see DVD's.

Improving dispatching times? Last Sunday at Great Adventure, Rolling Thunder was dispatched five times in fifty minutes. One train operation on one side of the coaster only. No guest delays. No technical problems observed. Just veeeeerrrrrry slow dispatching. I've been to a lot of parks. Saying this loose article policy is about dispatching times is about as clever as saying that running both sides of a racing coaster in forwards only operation is about nostalgia.

As for eyeglasses, under the current Six Flags loose articles policy, you won't be wearing them on any ride unless you have a strap. Security is posted at the entrance to every major coaster. I DO wear a strap, and a ride op and security still BOTH reached for my glasses (in an apparent attempt to remove them from my face) at the line entrance for a major coaster at Great Adventure. I quietly and calmly pointed out two things: a. I had a strap, and b. you do not touch a guest who has done nothing to threaten anyone. They both glared at me and I entered the line.

And at both Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and Six Flags Great Adventure, sections of the park have been cordoned off and some rides both in those sections and outside those sections will not be open this year and/or were removed over the off-season. More flags, more fun? How about fewer rides, fewer shows, new loose articles policy and more dollars for flags?

This gentleman was the former manager at Kentucky Kingdom...and when he sends an email that says if he wanted to make money, he'd nickel and dime you to death AND in the same email talks of 17, 13 or 9 dollar lockers (and HE put them in that order), you can see what this is about. Saying an outside vendor is doing the dollar lockers doesn't mean Six Flags isn't making money on this deal. That outside vendor PAYS to be there.

As for the DVD's, I've been to two Six Flags parks so far this season. At both, I have seen people walk out of the shows. Most people don't go to parks to see DVD's.

Improving dispatching times? Last Sunday at Great Adventure, Rolling Thunder was dispatched five times in fifty minutes. One train operation on one side of the coaster only. No guest delays. No technical problems observed. Just veeeeerrrrrry slow dispatching. I've been to a lot of parks. Saying this loose article policy is about dispatching times is about as clever as saying that running both sides of a racing coaster in forwards only operation is about nostalgia.

As for eyeglasses, under the current Six Flags loose articles policy, you won't be wearing them on any ride unless you have a strap. Security is posted at the entrance to every major coaster. I DO wear a strap, and a ride op and security still BOTH reached for my glasses (in an apparent attempt to remove them from my face) at the line entrance for a major coaster at Great Adventure. I quietly and calmly pointed out two things: a. I had a strap, and b. you do not touch a guest who has done nothing to threaten anyone. They both glared at me and I entered the line.

And at both Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and Six Flags Great Adventure, sections of the park have been cordoned off and some rides both in those sections and outside those sections will not be open this year and/or were removed over the off-season. More flags, more fun? How about fewer rides, fewer shows, new loose articles policy and more dollars for flags?

Fewer Flag Parks in the Future?

Over at TPR the GM of SFMM explained it pretty good. The lockers are there to keep the rides moving. They are working on improving dispatch times and this is a big way you can do it. I remember back when I worked at the park there would always be that 1 person who held the entire train up. The 1 dollar charge is there for upkeep of the lockers and to pay the staff they have there to help people. Basically he put it like this "If I wanted to nickel and dime you to death I'd charge 5-6 dollars for the lockers. You must remember the lockers are from an outside vendor. They use an outside vendors for their strollers. Its the same vendor. They have the big lockers that you can rent for the day in the front of the park still. They don't want someone coming up with a backpack full of stuff and leaving it there. Not only does it slow the train down they also get yelled at if its stolen. They wanna keep there lines moving and I think this is a good way to do it.

Infact heres the quote

The video is the very first cycle of new X2 train. We did not have a ton of time to prepare for the video, or to contact Robb to come and film it for us. I had thought you might appreciate seeing the very first cycle of the train. We are already working with Robb to come and shoot both our 1st and 2nd train that has already taken a few test cycles to date.

Several weeks ago we contracted a professional to come shoot the commercial footage, which we will use in future commercials. We have scheduled that shoot to take place as we are nearing the end of the project.

As for the lockers…, come on guys, if I wanted to make money, I would charge you five dollars to store your belongings. We are not forcing anyone to use the lockers. We are doing our very best to make sure you do not enter the queue line with loose articles. My only intent here is to train riders to not bring anything into a line or onto a ride. My suggestion, don’t bring anything with you that you can’t secure in your pocket! It is that simple. If it was feasible, we would have these lockers at all of the rides. The sole purpose is to increase capacity! Sole purpose! Remember, Tatsu last summer consistently had 6 minute and 30 second dispatch times… Unacceptable! We have made vast strides to reduce this number and have been very successful to date.

You may ask about gifts and souvenirs, we have a “free” package pickup you can use to store the items you purchase. We have lockers you can access all day long for 17, 13, or 9 dollars depending on the size you want.

I am not looking to nickel and dime the guests. How much do you pay to access the internet at Cyber Café? How much does it cost to go to the Magic of the Mountain Museum at the Sky Tower? How much is Package Pickup again? That's right... all FREE!

I have no problem defending the value proposition here at our park. We are a phenomenal value and working hard each day to make it that much more enticing! I am just blown away that this continues to be a sore subject with many of you… especially after we have continued to deliver on so many improvements at the park this season.

Guys, I CARE so much about this park! Just as each of you do! If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be coming to this thread. But please, be patient! I can’t share many of our plans, but certainly… or hopefully, you can all see that we are heading in the right direction. We never claimed to be perfect! We did say we were working towards it!

Keep the Faith,

Jay

Jay Thomas

Park President

Six Flags Magic Mountain &

Hurricane Harbor

Six flags has a suvenier pickup service thats free. They will hold on to what you buy all day and when you leave you just pick it up. I don't see why people leave glasses in the station. I wear eye glasses and ive never once had them fall off on any ride.

As for the shows not all of them are videos. A lot of the Dick Clark stuff is going for there in line TV's. Its still a good move to help money being tossed down the drain.

Another example of what will turn the park around is that they have crews that "own" there ride. They have them care. Heck there B&M parking lot coaster scream had balloons on its lift hill for its birthday last week. Its a little touch but the crew wanted to do it. you make your crew's care about the rides they will work hard to make it look good. Now if they can get this to happen chain wide then people would come back.

People will go cause its close to home and then word of mouth will spread. Good service is good service. Thats what will save six flags. They are in a rough patch now but brighter days are ahead.

It takes more than a few years to clean up 10+ years of crappy managment

They could of built it into the ticket price like holiday world does with its "free drinks, parking and sun lotion" or they can charge the ones who use it a buck.

That makes no real sense because they could've just installed a bank of lockers at each ride that only cost 50 cents to use,not a freakin whole dollar.Back when Batwing first opened for instance in 2001 this is EXACTLY what the park did but the lockers were removed a couple years ago when the storage bins were added to the platform.

SF is just using the lockers as another way to make money at the guests expense so it's no wonder that their attendance is dropping right now & the bad economy sure doesn't help much,if at all.