Red Racer's New Logo

BoddaH1994

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only part of that logo a actually liked was the Kings Island at the bottom. Other then that it wasnt anything special, it seemed kind of typical and bland, like it didnt take but thought. But I guess it could be worse.

The old logo from way back in yester-year was just "Red Racer" and "Blue Racer" in metallic lettering. If they had done that, many more people would have thought it was bland. Of course, they jazz it up a bit and we've got ignorant comments about "modernizing nostalgia" so I suppose they'll never win in many peoples' books, so why even try?

Perhaps because they are in a business where they need to EARN peoples' money?

If Cedar Fair expects 100 percent satisfaction from all people in all that it does, it won't be in business for long. They don't, and you shouldn't either....

Far from it. I'm just saying that they could be perfect to an epic degree and there still would be nothing but negative comments on this forum. I'm all about people expressing their opinions, but I think that more and more, people are posting just to post. It's actually getting very very old...

When you are in business, the money you earn for delivering a product or service is your chief thanks. EXPECTING more than that is arrogance. And when you have a forum for fans of a park, and the park is changing, you can expect some grieving. Yes, grieving. The second step in growing through grief is anger....

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pu...504_000895.html

Neither you nor Cedar Fair should be surprised. A year from now, most of these changes will be accepted and the grief process will be over. Most people do not like change. It is normal for those who planned the change to be upset at the anger those affected by the change often display. I still say most park patrons won't even notice most of the changes....

When you are in business, the money you earn for delivering a product or service is your chief thanks. EXPECTING more than that is arrogance. And when you have a forum for fans of a park, and the park is changing, you can expect some grieving. Yes, grieving. The second step in growing through grief is anger....

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pu...504_000895.html

Neither you nor Cedar Fair should be surprised. A year from now, most of these changes will be accepted and the grief process will be over. Most people do not like change. It is normal for those who planned the change to be upset at the anger those affected by the change often display. I still say most park patrons won't even notice most of the changes....

You're absolutely right. However, although I can not speak for Cedar Fair, I'm not surprised in the least with the reaction on these forums. I do however, think that most people will like what they've done once they actually see them for themselves.

I think the changes are for the better. I can't think of another year where there have been this many changes. I can honestly say that I am probably like your "normal" parkgoer. If I didn't read these forums, I would notice the changes in ride names themselves, but not much more than that.

Maybe it's because people on these forums expect not to be fed spin and hype.

Most are adults and expect the facts.

I don't think that the park or the marketing director earn a lot of respect by showing a decal/logo and billing it as the second, or third coming.

Now, now.

They've given you the facts, forwards and backwards.

I don't think that the park or the marketing director earn a lot of respect by showing a decal/logo and billing it as the second, or third coming.

Now, now.

I just get this image of a certain movie line:

Kaffee: I want the truth!

Col. Jessep: You can’t handle the truth!

Now, now.

I just get this image of a certain movie line:

Kaffee: I want the truth!

Col. Jessep: You can’t handle the truth!

Woofer I can see either group playing either role Kaffee or Col Jessep, (KICentral members or KICentral Admin/KI management)

There is at the time of this post 3,210 register members here at KICentral and somehow I can not fathom that everyone would agree on everything or decisions that Cedar Fair/Kings Island makes. Hence the reason I read regularly to see all opinions expressed; young, old, informed, uninformed or just guessing/speculating. When some member’s opinions differ from my own but they back up why they feel the way they do, I respect their opinions and can understand how they came to their conclusion. This is a unique group of members and I believe KICentral is so successful because of the mix and I for one hope it last.

Last time I talked to Matt Shafer, he made no mention of a second or third coming of The Racer.

I try to look at the positive side of each change, even when it's removing a ride. (When a Theme Park removes a ride I often hope for a new better one to replace it.)

And I mean all of you who think it's terrible, You gotta admit AT LEAST it's better than what we had last year, with absolutely no logo at all. . .