phantom theater?

Yes, many here remember Phantom Theater, as it was only removed six years ago (in 2002). It will not be returning in 2009, or any time soon for that matter. It was removed for a reason, primarily a decrease in ridership from when it first opened. When the park installed Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, kids lines up for that ride every day of the year. That ride still gets long lines and a full queue.

Yes, Phantom Theater was a unique dark ride, and far superior an experience to Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. Animatronic figures in Phantom Theater versus primarily cardboard cutouts for Scooby Doo makes the most recent incarnation in that building seem not as engaging as its predecessor.

i heard that theyre bringing that back sometime in 2009. is it true?

i LOVE that ride!

does anyone remember it? :lol:

As far as I know Phantom Theater will never come back. :( If youve been to fearfest/Halloween Haunt,the characters are in very bad shape. :(

Yah, I am sure most of the parts are scattered in different storage barns, it would be almost impossible at this point to bring it back

So going by the tradition of the building Scooby Doo is in, Scooby will be removed in 2012, and a new attraction would open there in 2013! Maybe they will bring back a darkride with animatronics, special effects, and 10x creepier than Scooby Doo!

Guest rcfreak339

I'm sorry if I'm being a oddball but to me Pahantom Theater was just a normal haunted house ride that had nothing really unique about it and the only special thing about the ride was the characters and thats it. I mean don't get me wrong it's a good ride it just got boreing overtime.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Phantom Theater. It wasn't the greatest ride in the world. At best, a low-rent Haunted Mansion rip-off. At worst, much too tame and safe for the serious scare fan.

I would definitely welcome an updated version of Phantom Theater or a new "haunted house" type attraction at Kings Island, though.

I say KI should make the new Action FX Theater show Phantom Theater : Maestro's Revenge. It could be a computer simulated 3D movie just like Sponge Bob but it would be scary/more thrilling (Sponge Bob just seems kind of out of place). They could also theme the theater and it's surrounding area to something darker/creepy because as of right now there are still remnants of Days of Thunder with all the checkered flag graphics. Just some thoughts...

It depends what you term scary. They have plenty scary rides for like people that are afraid of heights (Drop Tower:Scream Zone) and such.

But yes, as of right now, they have no "mentally scary"/dark/dreary attraction. They seem to lock all of that up and keep it just for Halloween Haunt.

NOTE: I know you could consider The Crypt a dark/dreary ride but that would be just as physically thrilling outside.

I still say that a Super Mario Action FX movie would be the coolest, with pipes and muchrooms around the line. Ofcourse, that requires licencing so I doubt that would ever happen.

Definition: muchrooms

-A plethora of places

Definition: mushrooms

-What you are on :lol:

All in jest of course.