phantom theater?

Guest wwe41002
i heard that theyre bringing that back sometime in 2009. is it true?

i LOVE that ride!

does anyone remember it? :lol:

If it were to come back most likley we would see the fairly ood coaster change into the scoby doo coaster. I would really like to see it come back and have it run on a boat and at the end you will drop down a steep hill and above there will be a meastro (i think thats how its spelled :D ) playing the piano or saying something creppy. but this would never happen *~SIGH~*

Guest wwe41002
Yes, many here remember Phantom Theater, as it was only removed six years ago (in 2002). It will not be returning in 2009, or any time soon for that matter. It was removed for a reason, primarily a decrease in ridership from when it first opened. When the park installed Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, kids lines up for that ride every day of the year. That ride still gets long lines and a full queue.

Yes, Phantom Theater was a unique dark ride, and far superior an experience to Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. Animatronic figures in Phantom Theater versus primarily cardboard cutouts for Scooby Doo makes the most recent incarnation in that building seem not as engaging as its predecessor.

Bull ****! that line was so long i had to wait at The Beastie line(Fairly odd coaster now :( )

as it has been said a dozen times ((why am i posting oh well))

sooby doo gets has people geting on almost 100% of the time when in operation. the only time it wont have this is when the park is empty like on the days with a bunch o rain.

i LOVE that ride!

If it were to come back most likley we would see the fairly ood coaster change into the scoby doo coaster. I would really like to see it come back and have it run on a boat and at the end you will drop down a steep hill and above there will be a meastro (i think thats how its spelled :D ) playing the piano or saying something creppy. but this would never happen *~SIGH~*

Kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean, at Disney World just replace the pirate head with a maestro.

If you haven't noticed recently, Scooby Doo has had a very short line. As much as I liked PT I think CF should come up with an entirely new darkride theme when it comes time to retheme SDTHC. However the effects in it would have to be up to par with what PT had. If you think maybe PT had short lines compared to SD. Maybe it is the fact that half of the cars were removed when changed to Scooby. Phantom Theater had at least a half hour line AND it ran with twice the number of trains!

If Scooby is still around in 2013, why not remake some of the Phantom Theater figures and theming, keep Scooby and the "Fright Lights", and add some new ideas. Pretty much combine the current, the past, and the future. Tweak the facade a little, and call it something along the lines of "Scooby-Doo!, the Mystery of the Lost Theater". As Walt Disney and the imagineers would would say "Plus It". Why spend 1 million dollars on a whole new dark ride, and get a poor quality dark ride when you could spend 1 million on parts, and get a better quality ride?

Assuming it is a 10 year license, it could it 2010-2014 depending on if the license is for "Paramount Parks Inc."(by company) or "Canada's Wonderland"(by park).

EDIT: If you look at the Carowinds version of Haunted Mansion, you will notice that alot of the props other than Scooby-Doo, and Mystery Inc. are props used in other dark rides without Scooby-Doo!, maybe this was done intentionally because of the license expiration....

Roller "I am done with being smart(or trying to be) for a while" Nut

Assuming it is a 10 year license, it could it 2010-2014 depending on if the license is for "Paramount Parks Inc."(by company) or "Canada's Wonderland"(by park).

EDIT: If you look at the Carowinds version of Haunted Mansion, you will notice that alot of the props other than Scooby-Doo, and Mystery Inc. are props used in other dark rides without Scooby-Doo!, maybe this was done intentionally because of the license expiration....

Roller "I am done with being smart(or trying to be) for a while" Nut

Yes its call Ghost Blaster here is a link. I think Paramount just added Scooby Doo to it.

i LOVE that ride!

As far as I know Phantom Theater will never come back. :( If youve been to fearfest/Halloween Haunt,the characters are in very bad shape. :(

Yes I noticed that. It is sad as I also loved Phantom Theater. The ride was starting to fall apart before they removed it. Equipment failure, props starting to fall apart and so on. It is sad that Paramount did not take better care of that attraction.

So going by the tradition of the building Scooby Doo is in, Scooby will be removed in 2012, and a new attraction would open there in 2013! Maybe they will bring back a darkride with animatronics, special effects, and 10x creepier than Scooby Doo!

Since it is located in the kiddie portion of the park I find that rather unlikely.

I wonder if anyone noticed WHERE the scooby doo haunted ride is located??? In the kiddie land area. I seriously doubt they will ever put anything dark or scary in the kids section of the park - I already hear the parents complaints!! LOL

Action FX is an excellent place to put something like that. They could use the old phantom theater props for the lines and have that thrill ride movie inside. Possibly change the seats to something more of a dark and erie theme. I Love the revenge idea too.

They could enclose the line area, making it dark and erie so that the long waits can be a little more interesting. They did something like that with TRTR. Sections toward the end of the line was filled with scenes from the movie - not a bad idea for action theater if they would like to turn it into something more haunt inspired. I also see airconditioning in the hot summer months for that line so that you have a cool place to go, you won't mind waiting for the show, and you have entertainment while you wait......what do you think??

• 1 month later...
Oh, I don't know. I may be the odd duck, but I think the current Mason, Ohio attraction is far better than Buzz Lightyear at you know where.

I dont know. This is my biggest pet peeve. If the "flashlights" are not working, then they need to be fixed as soon as possible. It is unrealistic to think that people are going to enjoy the ride if they are not working. If any of the lasers at Buzz Lightyear are not working, the car is NOT loaded because it is going to ruin the ride experience. That being said it is VERY rare that any of the Buzz lasers have a problem, and they have over 4 times as many cars as Kings Island has. Serioiusly if there are only 25 cars and even one of the "flashlights" dont work. Then you're going to have an upset guest every 5 minutes. They come to the ride to shoot at things; its pretty much a free arcade game. I have never worked the ride where there were not several malfunctioning flashlights. I'm sorry but there is just NO excuse for that.

Now on to defending buzz light year. The technology at buzz lightyear I think is considerably better. It allows you to see where you are shooting, and accurately collects all of your points. Unlike how at Kings Island you can pull the trigger ten times but only actually have two shots. In addition, the Buzz Lightyear attraction is an 360 attraction allowing you to shoot anywhere in the room with the ability to turn your pod with a joystick. Not to mention Buzz Lightyear actually has animatronics in the ride that talk, move, and react heavily to shooting at them. The higher car count and separate unload and load, allows for better capacity. The queue line is very entertaining with a the Buzz Lightyear animatronic. The ride has a fastpass. And finally, (and this may be small) but I like how at buzz lightyear, the laser is not shot like a pistol. The usage of your thumb on the back takes a small step away from it being a gun that you're holding.

Now if you want we can talk about Toystory Midway Mania but there is just not enough time. :) That ride is incredible. The queue line for it is easily one of the best I've seen. The interactive Mr. Potato head is truly amazing. The technology behind that whole ride is pretty amazing

I dont think Phantom Theater,Enchanted Voyage,or Smurfs Enchanted Voyage will ever reappear at KI in the parks History.If they keep Nick U theyll probly turn it into Fairly odd parents in Timmys Fairyworld Voyage,or sommething spongebob.If its snoopy itd be Snoopy something.Im starting to realize,if I were to ride Phantom Theater as much as I want to now,it would get boring overtime.