What is the worst park you have ever been to? EVER!

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

What was the worst park you have ever been to? EVER!

I think the worst park I have ever been to is Astroland /Coney Island in New York, New York that park has nothing but crappy rides and trash! :angry:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sams fun city in pensacola florida. it was 35 bucks for an all day ticket, and it was like a coney island but about 1/4th the size. it had a top cats taxi jam esque rollercoaster, and was themed in rocky and bullwinkle. we went for the unlimited minigold and gokarts, but it was just terrible. they closed early because our family was the only ones left in the whole park, yet it was supposed to be open another 40 minutes or so. by the time we talked to the manager, it was closed! it was not a pleasant experience. then again, we did sink one of their gas powered bumper boats.

Guest rcfreak339
Guntown Mountain in Kentucky. The shows will lame and the rides even lamer.

awww man I love Guntown Mountian I have been going there since I was like 3!

Oh man well i have really liked all the parks i have been to but if I had to pick a worst it would have to be between Six Flags Darien Lake and Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and the thing is neither of them are really too bad of parks. I know Dollywod does not have as many thrills as either one of these but it is heavily themed and they have some awesome shows and food in the park.

I absolutely HATE Kings Island! Seriously that park is waaaaaaaay overrated. The Beast which is supposedly one of the best woodies in the world is just a long, bumpy ride through the woods with no forces at all, Vortex is way too much of a headbanger, Firehawk waaaaay too slow, and don't get me started on Son of Beast!

Ok but seriously KI is amazing, and i really don't dislike any parks.

I've thought of it as a tie between Fun Spot in Angola, IN and Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green, KY. The atmosphere and charm of a Wal-Mart parking lot, along with rides just as unique. However, with the addition of Kentucky Rumbler, Beech Bend has risen in my book. I honestly don't have a hate of any park, I pretty much like them all. The degree of how much I like them varies, of course.

Wonderpark. Tri-County Mall.

That was in Cincinnati Mills and is now closed. Krazy City is in Tri-County Mall, one of the full timers there is a former KI rides manager and a great guy, been very pleased with all my experiences at Krazy City so far.

Guntown Mountain in Kentucky. The shows will lame and the rides even lamer.

Guntown Mountain is great.

Ive said it before on this forum and it still has to be SFMM. Despite being able to finally ride "X" this park seemed un-kept, trashy and just had a complete lack of enthusiem from all employees. NO one seemed to care about this park and it was rather sad to see amazing coasters like Scream just laying in the middle of a parking lot.

Silver Dollar City tops as my worst experience in a park. We rode 2 roller coasters once each before everything shut down because of rain. I was with my school group, so we left early and went to a mall instead. I really enjoyed the 2 rides and I'm sure that it would have been an excellent trip if it didn't rain all day. The worst park I've been to in terms of the park, and not just the circumstances is Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. The only ride there that is somewhat enjoyable in my book would have to be Chang. T2 is just terrible, and their woodies hurt me worse than Son of Beast. I like my wood coasters rough, but they were just ridiculous. The food was terrible, and I didn't see one employee that appeared to care about anything all day. I doubt that I will make my way down there again any time soon.

^ That is exactly what we did.

We spent a little over a half day at PKD, and spent the rest of our trip at BGE. VERY happily I might add.

Needless to say, if it was not for having a season pass, and the fact that KD has Volcano, it would probably be 10 more years before I would even think of going back.

All of the parks I have been to were great. While I do consider myself a "coaster enthusiast"...I love coasters but I am poor so I never get to travel to that many parks..lol.The ones that I have been to have their good and bad aspects.

We used to go to Americana all of the time when I was little. We used to love going there....although I know it was going downhill(obviously). I was too young to notice if the park was trashy or not.....all I cared about was the rides! That was a good park to go to for families who didn't have a lot of money but wanted to experience an amusement park. Although I'm sure if it was still open and I went now I would probably think it was boring. Mostly due to the fact that most of the rides I liked when I was little I couldn't ride anymore because most flat rides make me sick now!! But I do remember the Serpent as being fun and the Screeching Eagle(I think that's what it was). We loved the log flume ride too!

Of course I've been to Kings Island! I guess I'm pretty biased because I've been going there practically my whole life. I just like the general atmosphere of the place and of course the rides. It's ususally kept pretty clean although here in the past couple of years the restuarant/food place employees have gotten on my nerves with general bad attitudes and they act like they have more important things to do than their job! Not to say that it was every one of them but I did notice last year most every time we went it was like that at certain places. But overall I would hope that people visiting KI for the first time think it's as clean and fun as I do!

I've been to Cedar Point one time(sadly!!). We went either the year or the year after TTD opened. (TTD wasn't running! boo :( i still want to see what it's like!) Of course I loved the rides....MF is probably my second favorite coaster! The only thing we had a problem with was the fact that my younger brother was with us and he was either too little to ride some of the big coasters or he didn't want to ride them. Either way Cedar Point's rule about not letting him wait off in the "kiddie pen" as we like to call it was pretty annoying. We had 5 in our family so trying to work around that pretty much sucked because we all couldn't ride together. Not to mention my mom and dad took my littlest brother and they ended up getting screwed because I don't think they got to ride one coaster together! I think they also had lockers everywhere and wouldn't let you throw your stuff to the side when you rode. Not to say that's not a good rule because I know other people shouldn't be liable for your stuff, but we were used to KI so it was just a little annoying. But I loved that park and I really hope I get a chance to go again!

Islands of Adventure is an awesome park too. Their coasters are so much fun. But what I liked most about that park was the themed areas. It felt like you were in a different park in each area. Overall great experience there.

And of course I've been to Disneyworld and Universal Studios.....great experiences there, but I don't think I will ever go to Disney again until I have my own kids. The prices for food and everything just killed us when we went last time! Not so much my cup of tea except when you have little kids with you so you can enjoy it through their eyes. Although I do love me a good ride on Space Mountain ;)

So yeah I haven't been to a park that I don't like yet. Hopefully I'll get the money someday to travel elsewhere...I'd really like to get to a Six Flags or just any other park in general with a lot of great rides that I haven't experienced yet.

• 1 month later...
I think hands down the worst park I have ever been to would be Cypress Gardens.

Oh really? What is it that you didnt like about Cypress Gardens? The Park is absolutely visually stunning, The water ski show is superb, and they really have some nice rides with limited waits!

I think hands down the worst park I have ever been to would be Cypress Gardens.

Oh really? What is it that you didnt like about Cypress Gardens? The Park is absolutely visually stunning, The water ski show is superb, and they really have some nice rides with limited waits!

I would have to agree with you Cory.

Cypress Gardens has always been a nice park.

I'll not only give my least favorite, I'll give you my bottom three.

3. Holiday World; some good rides, but employees and procedures can be flat out terrible.

2. Six Flags Magic Mountain; for every good ride there, is an equal or greater disappointment of a ride.

1. Michigan's Adventure

Yes, I'm going with a CF park for the top dishonor. Their Corkscrew coaster was the prime example of what was wrong with the park. One train operation, two operators to run the entire coaster (yes, this means one person for checking every seat), and uncleaned up vomit in the line. I only spent a half a day there. Shivering Timbers and Mad Mouse were good, but that's about it.

And that's about how I feel about Knott's Berry Farm...great rides, but operational procedures there and lack of courtesy by the ride ops and park employees combine to make it very, very unlikely Terpy will grace the park with his presence again any time soon (what do you mean, I can't ride hardly anything in the park with glasses, even with a strap?). I'd rather spend an hour at Magic Mountain than a season at Knott's Berry Farm.

I absolutely HATE Kings Island! Seriously that park is waaaaaaaay overrated. The Beast which is supposedly one of the best woodies in the world is just a long, bumpy ride through the woods with no forces at all, Vortex is way too much of a headbanger, Firehawk waaaaay too slow, and don't get me started on Son of Beast!

Wait are you serious or not???