What is the worst park you have ever been to? EVER!

Guest rcfreak339

I absolutely HATE Kings Island! Seriously that park is waaaaaaaay overrated. The Beast which is supposedly one of the best woodies in the world is just a long, bumpy ride through the woods with no forces at all, Vortex is way too much of a headbanger, Firehawk waaaaay too slow, and don't get me started on Son of Beast!

To which you, KIFAN!, said:

Wait are you serious or not

Yes, he is serious or not.

And you just got a Terpy welcome as only Terpy does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Navy Pier in Chicago, but that really is not a theme park. So I would say Kings Dominion. It was unorganized, dirty, and boring me. So, like most, I went to BGE and had an awesome experience. BGE is clean, pretty, and has some of the best roller coasters I have ever been on. All 5 were great and unique.

Probably Holiday World. Went on a Sunday afternoon with my family and it was PACKED! At that point of time all they had was the Raven, and a CP Wildcat clone (god theres a 100 of these things floating around), and a bunch of fair rides, and the park was small as my living room. Took about twice as long to get as KI too! I went with my brother and Parents in 1997. Me, and my brother split up from my parents, and after 2 hours we were burnt out. We found my parents and asked if we'd be upset if we went ahead and left, and me and my brother jumped with joy! ha ha, Yeah honestly I had more fun back in the day at Old Indiana fun park. No coasters there either, but at least that park was always pretty dead!

But I will say the Raven was good enough to leave a lasting impression on me. Kind of like The Beast only smaller

I would have to say Six Flags Ohio.

Went there in 2001, got to ride The Villian (which I loved, even though everyone else seems to hate it)

2 Rides were closed half the day, Superman and another big name one.LOL I can't remember because we had choose which one to make time for, and we chose Superman.

Other than that, Raging Wolf Bobs, Big Dipper, Batman, Double loop,all closed, all day.

Batman was the big ride that year. It was the focus of the TV spots, and when we got there, they even had a guy dressed up as Batman in front of a Batmobile putting on a little show in front of the station to the closed ride!!!!

Now, you can't make something like that up!

The other ride that we chose against was ridden by my sis and dad. Judging from the on ride photo, we picked the wrong one to ride. Dad looked liked he didn't know weather he should poop or puke!!!!

It was a suspended coaster that went upside down if that helps. It was right next to Batman. I'm thinking it was orange or red.

The most disappointing park Ive ever been to was AstroWorld in Houston, TX. They had a lot of coaster, so I thought it would be great, but NONE of them were fun at all. I think my favorite coaster was a mine train.

Other most disappointing experience was when I went to Silver Dollar City around thanksgiving. EVERYTHING was closed except a story telling float ride and the train. I've been back once since then and enjoyed myself quite a bit, though.

Interesting. Some of my best park experiences ever were at Six Flags Astroworld. The Texas Cyclone in its day was QUITE the ride. Then there's the original B and M coaster--Batman The Escape--yes the manufacturer is listed otherwise, but we know who worked on it; the Ultratwister, and other funky roller coasters. To some extent, to me at least, a park is largely what you bring to it and expect. And some of my very favorite coasters are mine trains...like Roadrunner Express at Fiesta Texas, Adventure Express at Kings Island and Runaway Train at that place in New Jersey I love to go on and on about....

I would have to say Six Flags Ohio.

Went there in 2001, got to ride The Villian (which I loved, even though everyone else seems to hate it)

2 Rides were closed half the day, Superman and another big name one.LOL I can't remember because we had choose which one to make time for, and we chose Superman.

Other than that, Raging Wolf Bobs, Big Dipper, Batman, Double loop,all closed, all day.

Batman was the big ride that year. It was the focus of the TV spots, and when we got there, they even had a guy dressed up as Batman in front of a Batmobile putting on a little show in front of the station to the closed ride!!!!

Now, you can't make something like that up!

The other ride that we chose against was ridden by my sis and dad. Judging from the on ride photo, we picked the wrong one to ride. Dad looked liked he didn't know weather he should poop or puke!!!!

It was a suspended coaster that went upside down if that helps. It was right next to Batman. I'm thinking it was orange or red.

Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in 2002 was quite possibly my worst park experience. Seems half the coasters were closed, employees had no concern with being nice or moving people quickly through lines. The section with Villain, Double Loop, and Beaver Land (then Road Runner) was shut down, and they were REALLY anal about picture taking. Not to mention one-train operations despite lines warranting two. I might have said other parks were poor in terms of atmoshphere and ride selection... SFWOA was great in its ride collection and some of its landscaping/atmosphere, but the operation was pure crap. Bad experiences by many with Six Flags and a declining regional economy led to what remains with Geauga Lake now.

Interesting. Some of my best park experiences ever were at Six Flags Astroworld. The Texas Cyclone in its day was QUITE the ride. Then there's the original B and M coaster--Batman The Escape--yes the manufacturer is listed otherwise, but we know who worked on it; the Ultratwister, and other funky roller coasters. To some extent, to me at least, a park is largely what you bring to it and expect. And some of my very favorite coasters are mine trains...like Roadrunner Express at Fiesta Texas, Adventure Express at Kings Island and Runaway Train at that place in New Jersey I love to go on and on about....

When I was at Astroworld was 12 years ago, so it may not have been as bad as I remember it. I remember on the Texas Cyclone I felt like I couldn't see anything, I just hated those headrests. I think the ride was fun, but that hurt the experience. IIRC, a lot of the rides had some many restraints and non-see-throw headrest that it dampened my experience, if that makes since. But, I do agree that I was expecting too much before I got there. And I had just been to Six Flags Over Texas a couple days before Astroworld, so that didn't help matter.

I also don't remember Batman The Escape, at all. Maybe it was closed when I was there. The first stand-up I ever rode was a few years after that.

Though there are some cool things about it. I really don't care for Nascar Speedpark in Pigeon Forge, TN. I live near here and have been once, didn't even do anything. They have an all day ride pass for 32 but they rarely run the little bit of rides they do have, and the all day pass only includes some go carts but not all of them. I wish they would of built like 3 awesome tracks instead of 10 so so ones.

Edit: On the other hand I really loved the old Myrtle Beach Grand Prix on the south end, sad that it's gone now.

• 5 weeks later...
Kentucky Kingdom, handsdown. It has went down the toilet like yesterday's Taco Bell......

I will never go to a Six Flags Park again because i'm afraid i might dget my leg cut off on a drop ride or get decapitated by a rollercoaster or die or be seriously injured in any other way......sound framiliar to anyone?

Kentucky Kingdom, handsdown. It has went down the toilet like yesterday's Taco Bell......

I will never go to a Six Flags Park again because i'm afraid i might dget my leg cut off on a drop ride or get decapitated by a rollercoaster or die or be seriously injured in any other way......sound framiliar to anyone?

If you don't jump two fences, one of which surrounds the perimeter of the park, you have virtually nothing to worry about about being decapitated by a roller coaster....and if the park, manufacturer and state properly design, construct, operate and inspect the ride (as according to each's role), the risk of losing a leg on a drop ride is far less than your chances of dying on the way to the park, or by being hit in the head for posting ridiculous posts on the Internets.

I wasn't even referring to the incident....I was referring to the keep up of the park. I guess I should have made that clear upon posting it. The attitude of the employees isn't at it's best either. Just my opinion. I guess if you like it...have at it.

The worst Park EVER would have to be the old SixPlags Wayandot Lake Park in Columbus Ohio....Closed in 2007 and renamed (and demolished and reconstructed) Jambeeze Bay by The Columbus Zoo

The park is now Zoombezi Bay and Jungle Jack's Landing, at The Columbus Zoo. Not "Jambeeze Bay". I am going there this Sunday actually, I hope to have a good time!

I am not sure what "framiliar" or "dget" is.

Any other way... Hmmm. Do you mean by going to the park by car? This is by far the most dangerous of the activities you listed.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - lethargic animals, including Shouka who refuses to perform more than usual and shows agression to her trainers when they enter the water with her. No water works for her....when she used to do them in Marineland France.

Six Flags Magic Mountain - rough rides, and the climate there is horrid that time of year.

I do agree with Kentucky Kingdom being one of the worst parks to visit. It was for me. We went about 5 or 6 years ago and the service was horrible. Absolutely horrible. everyone in my family hated it. My cousin lost his hat on the roller skater coaster and we knew we weren't gonna get it back but the ride op kept telling us to stay there and wait, but the op did nothing. all the employees were idiots too. Bad day.