What is the worst park you have ever been to? EVER!

Guest rcfreak339

Worst park I have been to... Conneautt (sp)? it may be old and have old rides but at the time when it was open the upkeep of the park and the rides were in terrible condition. I like parks for more than the big rides. Atmosphere and extras like shows play a big part. The most overrated park I have been to is Cedar Point. Dont get me wrong they have great rides but its a concrete jungle in most of the park and with little shade to boot, it takes away from the excitement. Most underrated or surprised in a good way park for me would be Kings Dominion for the first time I visited last week. Enough big rides for thrill seekers, awesome theming and it was clean clean clean! Other things like an awesome friendly staff for the ones I encountered and the park having been mostly paved and not concrete also helps. The trees and waterfalls everywhere is one of the biggest surprises and it lead to an enjoyable time with little crowds to boot. Definetely take a visit down there if you havnt it was worth our 6 hour drive in every way.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags St. Louis...

The lines were a mess, you couldn't touch a handrail for fear of getting a piece of gum or two...all the paint that one could reach while standing in line was chipped/carved/defaced etc. The theming effects, what theming there was, didn't work, like the lights and such on the police cars by the Batman coaster, you could tell they were supposed to be on...but weren't. The coasters we went on, while being ok rides, were either cookie cutter rides from other parks, or not well taken care of...

The Boss, for example, had potential to be a good ride, and at the time was only a year old or so, don't remember the exact year, but it was rough as all get out, and the line was slow (mainly because it broke down twice, we were at six flags remember...)

I also got pegged in the face by a quarter thrown from the boss's line that goes above the gokart track, but it allowed me to have exact change when I bought a drink later, thank you random quarter chucker...While I make light on it, it could've potentially been serious with a loss of an eye or something, and shows either poor planning to allow guests the opportunity to do something like that. Or it shows how slow and boring the lines were, Im leaning torward the latter.

The saving grace of that day had to be Mr. Freeze...yes it's a cookie cutter, and yes there are taller faster rides that do the same thing...but it was my first vertical "experience", great fun... All in all, I still enjoyed my trip there, but I've been to better places.

I havn't been to a "bad" park yet. every park I have been to has been in great shape but it will proabibly be Six Flags America when I eventually go there based on what people have told me.

parks I have been to, Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Europe, Hersheypark, Knobles Grove, Williams Grove(was abandoned), Disney World, and Islands Of Adventure.

I didn't much care for Disney either...Maybe because it was really really really crowded, and by the time I made it there I was a little old for most of it...depressing...and it was really expensive...I will probably enjoy it more when/if/heaven forbid i have kids and take them there...

I like every park I've been to.

My worst park experience was when I went with a friend of mine to KI this summer. We were in line for Delirium and EIGHT PEOPLE line jumped in front of us. One of them kicked me in the back while pretty much pole vaulting over the hand rails, and didn't even bother to apologize. They were being loudmouths about starting a fight with anyone who had a problem with them line jumping. I reported them to the ride op, but she didn't believe me, and they were all allowed on the ride. :angry:

On top of that, my friend's husband was calling and calling and calling because he wanted her to come home (some of his relatives were visiting), and because of that, we ended up leaving several hours before we had planned.

And that's about how I feel about Knott's Berry Farm...great rides, but operational procedures there and lack of courtesy by the ride ops and park employees combine to make it very, very unlikely Terpy will grace the park with his presence again any time soon (what do you mean, I can't ride hardly anything in the park with glasses, even with a strap?). I'd rather spend an hour at Magic Mountain than a season at Knott's Berry Farm.

Terpy how could you? Thats is my #1 park!

you know I have had some of my worst trips at Kings Island, but thats mostly just because I've been there probably easy 30 times in my lifetime. At least. I could probably sit down and figure it out but thats just too much thinking. Its hard to blame the park for most of those trips because mostly there were other factors involved: ie bad company, crowded lines, bad weather, etc. Nothing the park could control.

While Holiday World definitly gave me the worst impression, I here where people are coming with Kentucky Kingdom. My First visit was in june of 1998, in which I went with 2 of my friends and had a blast! At that point of time it was still called "Kentucky Kingdom: the Thrill park". Twisted Twins was the new attraction but hadn't yet opened, however all the rest of the coasters were operating great, and I rode Chang and Vampire 3 times during the visit! Later in the day some bad weather overtook the park and hurricaneish conditions were present and we had to take shelter to avoid possible tornados which was fun. However Later in the summer I went back with my family after Six Flags Management had taken over, and I didn't have the same great experience. I don't remember much but I remember a bunch of the rides kept breaking down, prices went up, and management was rude. I didn't go back until June of 2004. I was disapointed to see Six Flags had not expanded the park what-so-ever, and took out one of my favorite rides, Vampire. Twisted Twins was closed that day, and I could care less about riding the 80 year old "Greased Lightning" (yes I know its not 80 years old, but it might as well be). I rode Chang, T2, and the rest of the rides were packed, and didn't seem worth waiting for. so I rode Chang again and took off.

IMO Six flags killed Kentucky Kingdom.

• 1 year later...

HOliday World, 1997.

Before anyone gets upset, it was a 100% poor planning on my family's part as to why it sucked. We went on a Saturday in August, and the place was packed eblow to eblow. Their weren't a whole lot of rides so they all had a long line, and the waterpark you couldn't even get into. IT wasn't as packed as my 1995 Cedar Point trip, but pretty close. After 2 hours me and my brother met back up with my parents and we all admitted we were miserable and we left. I did get to ride the Raven while I was there, and its a pretty awesome ride.

I'm willing to give it a second chance though. It was a 100% poor planning. Last year actually me, my wife, and my friends did our annual cabin trip at Lincoln memorial which is right next to Holiday world, and I would of gone but the park was weekend only operation at the time, and well since the last time we went was on a Saturday, I didn't wanna risk it again!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would be Navy Pier. The Ferris Wheel looks good from a boat, but it is now Mc. Donalds themed and rusty. The area outside looks neglected and dirty. I also went on the swings. Note these are just like KI's, but not as detailed. When the Ride started, we spun around for about 1 minute and the swings did not raise. I was wearing flip flops so my toes were scraping. The ride stopped, then it went normal. My friend and I were the only ones on, and they kept us on for about 6 minutes. After 2 minutes I wondered why we are still going, so I look over to the booth and no one was in it. The ride op was talking to another about 10 feet away.

Six Flags Elitch Gardens. It was a crowded, cramped, hot mess. The flying coaster had many things in common with going down Niagara Falls in a barrel, Twister II did not seem safe, and Mind Eraser had one of the funniest operational "errors" I've ever seen. The ride ops were throwing the keys TO THE RIDE across the station. Oops! They went over the edge and under the track. They had to call maintenance to come get them.

When I was there last, I feared for my life. Literally. There was a HUGE fight between about 30 park patrons. Security stood and watched, then they went in for it, too...by then, I was hightailing it to the parking lot. Not a pleasant place then. And I, too, had seen the employee attitudes of which you speak.

Worst park experience? I would have to say Islands of Adventure. I went there once, and I was 47 and 3/4 inches tall. Of course I missed the 48 inch on their roller coasters. At the time I was afraid of Water Rides (Still something im a little scared of today, the no restraint thing doesnt go well with me) so no Jurrassic park. I pretty much had to spend the day riding MIB, Spiderman, and Dr. Doom. It is to this day the most dissapointing trip to a theme park I had ever had. Its not the parks fault, I guess mine for not growing fast enough.

Worst Park has to be Six Flags St. Louis, it has been awhile, so I dont know if it has changed, but I remember it as very very dirty and smelly when I was there.

Worst park I have been to... Conneautt (sp)? it may be old and have old rides but at the time when it was open the upkeep of the park and the rides were in terrible condition.

It is too bad you were not able to experince Conneaut Lake Park 25 years ago as what has become of CLP today is nothing more than a sin.

Fighting over control of the park, poor attendance, and numerous bankruptcies have equaled the park looking run-down and rides not operating; have left guests and enthusiats alike pessimistic.

The park is slowly moving forward, and with any luck, that trend will continue.

When I was there last, I feared for my life. Literally. There was a HUGE fight between about 30 park patrons. Security stood and watched, then they went in for it, too...by then, I was hightailing it to the parking lot. Not a pleasant place then. And I, too, had seen the employee attitudes of which you speak.

Wow. Elitch Gardens does it again... the attitudes were amazing. The food was equally pleasant. I had chicken nuggets which at best were about the quality of Banquet frozen chicken patties, spongy texture and all. I think the thing that topped off my day was the dangerous loading procedure of The Flying Coaster. If you had loose articles, you had to cross the track and leave your belongings on the other side, which would be fine, except that the cars remain moving during loading. Does anyone else see the HUGE safety issue with having guests cross in front of a moving ride vehicle? I was stunned...