What is the worst park you have ever been to? EVER!

Guest rcfreak339

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Aside from chopping legs off, they've produced lame rides and not many thrills. It used to fun as a kid but I went up there shortly before the "incident" and wondered why I ever enjoyed it...musta just been a kid thing.

Really bring up Kentucky Kingdoms accident?, and int he manner you said it?

It's horrible what happened to the girl, but it's time to move on. The accident was nothing more then a accident, they happen every second all around the world.

The hell she went through is something I'll NEVER be able to comprehend but to continually bash and bash a park for it is stupid. Many parks have had accidents where a person had died and has never taken such a beating Kentucky Kingdom has. I just think that in peoples minds the thought of having your feet severed is a lot worse then falling 50 feet. Although, you will die from falling 50 feet.

I'm really touchy about what happened at Kentucky Kingdom, I know many workers who were greatly effected by it and some of those workers don't deserve what happened.

I bet the girl who's legs flew off is really touchy about it, too, eh? People will talk for years about that gruesome incident, no matter how much it bothers you. Falling 50 feet is just not the same as sending 2 feet flying through the air on their own. It is so graphic that Kentucky Kingdom will take a beating for it forever. And for good reason, whether it was solely Intamins fault or not. Which I'm not buying.

You saying it was 'nothing more than an accident' is probably just as insulting to Kaitlyn and her family as fighting31irish saying 'aside from chopping legs off'. If you lost your foot, I doubt you'd be saying 'it's time to move on'. People will always mention it in passing. Because it's horrifying and somewhere a girl is still in pain. You'll get really exhausted if you try to combat it everytime someone brings it up when Kentucky Kingdom is mentioned. It is burned into everyone's brains. It is what it is.

:wacko:

And thats not EXACTLY what I said?

"I just think that in peoples minds the thought of having your feet severed is a lot worse then falling 50 feet. Although, you will die from falling 50 feet."

Don't say I was insulting her, I wasn't period. I see your points, and ALL of those points were already in my original post.

I will NEVER know what she went through and god I never ever want to. To this day I still feel sympathy for everyone involved with the accident. The employees, Six Flags, Intamin and Kaitlyn.

I had friends call me in tears after the accident, and that was something I NEVER want to experience again although it's nothing compared to experiencing it first hand.

Your post ****ed me off, not going to lie.

I say: Does everything **** you off? Chill out!

My whole point was that you can't get so bent out of shape when someone mentions something that's been all over the news and is so ridiculously horrifying.

People will mention it. Forever. Don't have heart palpitations over it! I was trying to tell you to lighten up, and instead you just got madder. Slow down the blood pressure. Let's all take deep breaths. We'll all get past this.

My worst park? I want to say Americana, but truly I had a weird love for it and wish I could go back in time to play Fascination just once more!!

Guest rcfreak339

^I'm not angry, what made me upset was the fact you thought I was "insulting" a girl that was tragically hurt. Which I in fact was not.

Again, It's a touchy subject for me. I'm sure you have something that makes you mad, I hate reliving the thought of it and to think of what the girl went through is horrifying.

The only thing that made me completely angry in this thread was this quote, "The only thing Kentucky Kingdom did besides chopping legs off is"....THAT should be considered an insult. It was uncalled for.

My worst has to be holiday world. I mean... the park is prejudice or has very prejudice employees!

How so? I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, I just would like to know what makes you say that since I've had nothing but good interactions with every HW employee I've been in contact with.

Some of their employees are just afraid/intimidated by black people It isn't the teens, its the older people that work their. I had a couple of incidences, Like when I got off the voyage I decided to go into a shop and purchase some rock candy. I ask the cashier how much is this rock candy stick that I picked up with tax, her eyes looked nervous when I asked! and she quickly said... A DOLLER! I was like ok thanks, and you could see fear in her eyes. When she rung up my items it came up the screen like $1.07, and then as I handed her my cash, she quickly garbed the cash out of my hand. When she was about to give me my change, I held my hand out, but instead of her putting the money in the palm of my hand she put the money on the counter.

That's the point... Noone knows. Park employees are human beings, who act the way they do for an infinite number of reasons. Perhaps she acted that way because there was a bee in the store and she, like me, has a phobia of stinging insects, perhaps she was appalled because a customer had really bad BO, perhaps her ex-husband was in the store, perhaps....perhaps....perhaps....

My worst has to be holiday world. I mean... the park is prejudice or has very prejudice employees!

How so? I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, I just would like to know what makes you say that since I've had nothing but good interactions with every HW employee I've been in contact with.

Some of their employees are just afraid/intimidated by black people It isn't the teens, its the older people that work their. I had a couple of incidences, Like when I got off the voyage I decided to go into a shop and purchase some rock candy. I ask the cashier how much is this rock candy stick that I picked up with tax, her eyes looked nervous when I asked! and she quickly said... A DOLLER! I was like ok thanks, and you could see fear in her eyes. When she rung up my items it came up the screen like $1.07, and then as I handed her my cash, she quickly garbed the cash out of my hand. When she was about to give me my change, I held my hand out, but instead of her putting the money in the palm of my hand she put the money on the counter.

Here I go. Sorry but I've gotta say something because I hate prejudice and how overly sensitive we are to it.

I've had black friends all my life, have played in bands with them and trained in martial arts with them. However, I've been in a couple very dangerous situations and find myself being much more uncomfortable around black guys that I don't know. I'm the same way with Pits for the same reasons. I mean no offense. I'm not racist... my wife is hispanic, I'm Irish. I'm a long haired rocker looking guy and I've had my share of prejudice but I've learned a lot. Sometimes people have good reasons to be uncomfortable around people that look a certain way and a lot of the time, they are just unfamiliar with that type of person. For me it involves lethal weapons (while protecting one of my black friends), someone trying to break into my house, a hostage situation, and a couple scary neighbors who had some horrific felony charges they were fleeing.

sccard, I'm sorry you had a bad experience...especially if it was prejudice. However, to make a blanket statement like "the park is prejudice or has very prejudice employees" is unfair (my emphasis added).

Worst park? Hate to say it, but Wild Waves. The water park section of it is great but the dry part? Not so much. It just seems dull and boring. I dislike how the kiddie rides are all spread out. It has the feeling of a fairground to me, with not a lot of options to it. I really wish that Six Flags hadn't sold it, as I felt that they could have expanded a lot more to the park. Now if we wanted a good amusement park experience, we have to trek 5 hours to Silverwood (not that I mind that. I LOVE Silverwood, Tremors espicially.)

Here I go. Sorry but I've gotta say something because I hate prejudice and how overly sensitive we are to it.

I've had black friends all my life, have played in bands with them and trained in martial arts with them. However, I've been in a couple very dangerous situations and find myself being much more uncomfortable around black guys that I don't know. I'm the same way with Pits for the same reasons. I mean no offense. I'm not racist... my wife is hispanic, I'm Irish. I'm a long haired rocker looking guy and I've had my share of prejudice but I've learned a lot. Sometimes people have good reasons to be uncomfortable around people that look a certain way and a lot of the time, they are just unfamiliar with that type of person. For me it involves lethal weapons (while protecting one of my black friends), someone trying to break into my house, a hostage situation, and a couple scary neighbors who had some horrific felony charges they were fleeing.

sccard, I'm sorry you had a bad experience...especially if it was prejudice. However, to make a blanket statement like "the park is prejudice or has very prejudice employees" is unfair (my emphasis added).

I know, but to me, if the park was in a city, it would be different.

I liked Dorney Park. My only complaint was that it was exhausting walking through the hilly sections of the park.

I felt the same way... and then we went to Hersheypark. I'm not sure how they managed to design a park where it seems you only go uphill, never downhill. Then again, it was the 4th of July, unbearably hot and packed, and at the end of 12 days of park-hopping. Exhausted doesn't even begin to describe it. It might not be as bad as it seemed at the time, lol.

• 1 month later...

I have been to: Carowinds, Cedar Point, Stricker's Grove, Dollywood, Holiday World, Six Flags St Louis, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Jungle Jack's Landing, Coney Island (OH), and Indiana Beach.

I can't really pick one park overall, so here are my ratings.

Dirtiest park: tie between Cedar Point and Kings Island

Rudest employees: tie between Kings Island and Stricker's Grove

Worst food: Cedar Point

Worst layout: Six Flags Great America

Worst capacity: Indiana Beach

I have been to: Carowinds, Cedar Point, Stricker's Grove, Dollywood, Holiday World, Six Flags St Louis, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Jungle Jack's Landing, Coney Island (OH), and Indiana Beach.

I can't really pick one park overall, so here are my ratings.

Dirtiest park: tie between Cedar Point and Kings Island

Rudest employees: tie between Kings Island and Stricker's Grove

Worst food: Cedar Point

Worst layout: Six Flags Great America

Worst capacity: Indiana Beach

Can't believe IB did not make dirtiest park on your list. I do agree they are not at all concerened about capacity.

I'm with giga on this... I can't just declare one park that was hands-down the worst. Every park I've been to so far has had its own redeeming qualities, so I'm going to divide it up like she did. I've been to Kings Island, Cedar Point, Stricker's Grove, Coney Island Cincy, Michigan's Adventure, Indiana Beach, Kings Dominion, Holiday World, and Nick Universe at the Mall of America.

Dirtiest park: Indiana Beach. I don't think I ever saw a not-full trashcan there.

Rudest employees: Michigan's Adventure and Indiana Beach. Both had a couple people who really liked their jobs (I'm looking at you, Wolverine Wildcat and Steel Hawg), but most just had an attitude of, "Oh, crap... More people want to ride. Wouldn't you rather just, like, go eat a taco or get a snow cone or do anything else ever besides ride this ride?!"

Worst food: Michigan's Adventure. Wasn't really thinking Cedar Fair heat lamps could be turned down, but then I got a $9 basket of greasy chicken and fries so cold they were shivering in their wax paper at their Coasters diner. Eww.

Worst layout: Either Indiana Beach or Holiday World. The bridge end of IB was pretty good, but the opposite end, namely surrounding Steel Hawg, was sort of confusing in the sense that you're not sure where the park ends and the housing begins. I honestly have to wonder if security ever finds confused guests late at night wandering around those buildings. Holiday World, on the other hand... I love HW dearly, but there is no straight line to anything, save for (maybe) the Thanksgiving section. It's all walking left and right and left and right down and up hills if you want to go anywhere besides Christmas, making it a little frustrating on my first couple visits to try to get from point A to point B just about anywhere in the park. I've basically got it down-pat 5 visits later, but still.

Worst capacity: Either Indiana Beach (who's getting razzed a lot in this post despite actually being a pretty decent park) or Nick Universe. Like I said before, IB's employees really weren't excited about life when I visited this summer. This included their energy in checking and sending trains. The park was positively empty the day I was there (walked on Steel Hawg 4 or 5 times), but when you take literally 4 or 5 minutes to check restraints on Cornball Express, there will be lines. Not to mention that the most communication the staff ever had with anyone was an angry glare. I honestly found myself wondering at times if the ride was down, only to unexpectedly- and wordlessly- be sent out of the station. It almost felt more appropriate to tell them, "I'm sorry. I really am. I just wanted to try this coaster because people said it's good and stuff..."

On the other end of the spectrum, Nick U's staff wasn't too bad- it was the rides. They were fun, but nothing in that building, by my uneducated guesstimate, got more than ~600 pph. It was tempting to exclaim when the lines would actually move. Seems like, being located in a travel destination, you'd want something that can push people through. Maybe that's just me.

I haven't been to very many parks, but the ones I have been to were extremely fun. A day at all of them beats the heck outta sittin' at home. I really can't say which one is the "worst." The ones that I look back on that may not have been the greatest were staples in my young childhood and it would kill me inside to "diss" them. So I'm gonna say no answer. :)