Non-Peak Park Dates and Staffing

Pagoda Gift Shop

I was looking at the park operation calendar and noticed how long a time there is between KI opening day (April 20th) and the first Monday they are open (May 26rd). I also noticed that KI is not open the final week of August either. Do you think this is due to not being able to have enough staffing? In particular, would this be due to having college students who are on quarters rather than on semesters?

I tend to try to go to the park during the non-peak times, but that is difficult when there are less weekdays and no September dates of operation. I guess June isn't too bad in general. If you go to the park often (5+ trips a year) what is your strategy for avoiding 2 hour waits? When do you go?

It's always closed the last week of august. Yes it's due to the fact that about 90% of their staff is under the age of 24 and seeking education, most of which starts at the end of August. Keep in mind that if the staff is in school, much of the parks patronage is in school. Thus there is no purpose to be open.

June and August Monday-Thursdays are the best.

Also it is due to both quarter schools and semester schools. Quarter schools get out late and go back late, semester schools get out early and go back early.

Honestly, last year any time I went Monday - Friday the lines were never really that bad. Firehawk always had a line, but moved pretty quick, and on most week days was only .5 hour to 45 minutes. Saturdays are always bad, and even a few times when we went on Sundays to meet with friends, we could walk up to The Beast with hardly any wait.