SFNE Dark Knight NOT to open in 2008; Glow In The Park Parade Coming

Wow to bad, but to be honest I was hoping that SFNE would cancel their plans for the dark ride and put it some where else. I see where city government should be prudent but they seemed to me to be arrogant to prove a point instead of serving the community and its needs, after all it was their fire protection who told them to move things around.

Everyone losses here the park, potential staff and loss revenue to the city itself through taxes received from increased park goers.

^ I understand what you are saying, but SF also started building without permits. I'm sure that if they would have followed the letter of the law, the project would not have been scrapped.

Now if, god forbid, something tragic like a fire would have happened and their were fatalities, I can only imagine the public outcry if the government's response was "for the good of the community we let it pass inspection".

I bet the thing is paid for and manufactured by now. Just think -- until today, they intended to open this thing in a few months. There's no way that they hadn't started producing it yet.

Yeah,especially since the coaster itself is a generic off the shelf mack wild mouse layout similar in design to Ricochet at Carowinds(KD got the custom design) so who's to say where the ride will end up in 09?

Still SFI can just go to mack & request a refund of their $7.5 million explaining that the project had to be cancelled because they couldn't get the permits needed to build it rather than have to decide upon which "alternate" park to send it to for 2009.....especially since ALL of their parks,save for SFA have gotten coasters now in recent years & as much as I'd like the ride to go there I just don't see it happening.

From an email from the park president that Six Flags New England season passholders received:

...As a matter of courtesy, we are offering our season pass holders who bought their passes prior to April 18, 2008 the opportunity to obtain a full refund of the price of their season pass. In order to obtain a refund, you must contact Six Flags New England at 413-786-9300 ext. 3464, on or prior to May 1, 2008.

I found that very interesting, and rather unusual....

• 3 weeks later...