Pre-Opening day Photos and Report

Gordon Bombay

Thanks for the compliments everyone, we were really glad to bring you the update.

Gordon! What about Lt. Dans! You forgot LT. Dans! I am beside myself! hehehe..... Seriously glad you had a grreat experience. Did I mention Lt. Dans?...lmaoooo

haha well, they weren't serving anything, but I'm sure they will sunday.

Also curious about the Crypt's status. I remember Ryan mentioning its status was questionable the other day. Any updates on that?

There was no definitive answer on this, so Ryan's statement still stands, Crypt's opening will be tentative, just play it by ear.

You say special thanks to Don.... I say special thanks to you, Sir.

Ronny, your photos are simply amazing.

Not just the subject of the photos, but I've seen over time your skill and ability continue to improve.

You do such an amazing job capturing feelings and settings of the things you are photographing.

Good Job.

Thanks Woofer! I am glad you like them, I'm actually missing opening weekend because some of my photos are in a gallery opening in Athens today. Since I'm missing out at KI, you people need to let me know how The Beast is running.

Thanks to everyone for the teaser photos! I will not be able to make it to the park for a few weeks so these are great. It sounds odd, but the thing that impresses me the most is the new Guest Relations office...I always thought that the old one was a terrible way to conduct business.

One question...and I think I know the answer, are all of the Forrest Gump photos gone in "Outer Hanks"?

I agree, the guest relations office looks great, very professional. There are face lifts and little aesthetic details changed all over the park, the landscaping around the park all over has improved.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one type of ride that I've ever seen with a support that big:

n12432440_35819980_2318.jpg

...This is my cousin in front of the support/footing of Sheikra. The second I saw that support in the midway pic, this is what I thought of...

Then again, I've never been on a B&M hyper, so I can't speak for those...

Awesome photos Ronny. That massive footing is very incriminating. That probably made me the most excited about this construction.

Can't wait for tomorrow, I'll be leaving here around 7. Hope to see you guys tomorrow. Just look for a red Honda Element.

Wow!!!! Thanks for the amazing pics,Ryan!! And BTW-are you having a happy birthday? My b-day present to you will be to tell you how The Beast is running tomorrow ;)

I am so excited to see the new changes in the park in person! Everything looks great.

The trashcans in the midway do look pretty funny. It reminds me of when we used to screw around on RCT and put like 80 trashcans in one section..lol. Hopefully people will actually USE them though!

I am so excited for tomorrow. I can't wait to try The Racer and (hopefully) the Crypt.

And of course the huge footer in the middle of the midway.....that's a great pic! It makes me so excited to see what's coming. That is awesome how they are going to let us see what is going on all year.

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight either! And the weather looks pretty promising for tomorrow too.

Can't wait! A couple more hours! Woooo!

~Ash

There is only one type of ride that I've ever seen with a support that big:

n12432440_35819980_2318.jpg

...This is my cousin in front of the support/footing of Sheikra. The second I saw that support in the midway pic, this is what I thought of...

Then again, I've never been on a B&M hyper, so I can't speak for those...

Here's a picture I found of a support that belongs to Tatsu. Not saying that the 2009 project will be a flyer, but just that these huge supports are on other versions of B&M coasters besides Dive Machines. Credit for the picture goes to Theme Park Review.

sfmm12100532.jpg

Anyway, not trying to get off topic because this isn't the thread to discuss the 2009 project, but just thought I'd point that out. Great pics and I can't wait until I go to KI in June! :D

Ok...another thing I noticed that they put that stupid footer in that flower pot...The tree that used to be there was awesome...It had the best shade...We used to sit on that bench and enjoy it.

There were some awesome trees just a few feet away from there, as well. It's now gravel, though.

But what was even cooler is when that tree was there and that was the Cincinnati Reds shop. Could sit there and listen to Reds games.

There is only one type of ride that I've ever seen with a support that big

Well, not to shoot you down, but the footing looks like the ones for IntaRide or B&M, so don't be upset if its not a B&M Diver, because those are much larger... that footing is not all that large at Antique Photos.

I used to walk by Oodles of Beemer footers... on the daily.

There is only one type of ride that I've ever seen with a support that big

Well, not to shoot you down, but the footing looks like the ones for IntaRide or B&M, so don't be upset if its not a B&M Diver, because those are much larger... that footing is not all that large at Antique Photos.

I used to walk by Oodles of Beemer footers... on the daily.

Haha I wont be upset if its not a B&M Diver infact I'll be happy if it itsn't