Pre-Opening day Photos and Report

Gordon Bombay

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering none of us are structural engineers or work for any coaster or ride designing company, I don't think we're really in the position to be narrowing down what the construction is for just by looking at the size of one footing, I don't think that really gives off enough clues to be making a very educated guess.

Personal Speculation: The footing is for a light post that will be 200 feet high and light up the new paddle boats.

Considering none of us are structural engineers or work for any coaster or ride designing company, I don't think we're really in the position to be narrowing down what the construction is for just by looking at the size of one footing, I don't think that really gives off enough clues to be making a very educated guess.

No one's narrowing down anything. It's all speculation and theories. That's the whole point of a forum, to discuss and debate issues while creating speculation, theories, hypotheses, and whatnot; besides, it's fun to try and predict what is going on at the construction area, if Kings Island didn't want us to do that, they'd cover everything up and keep it on the down low. No one is sitting here saying that it is definitely going to be this or definitely going to be that, they are just all ideas as to what it could be.

No one's narrowing down anything. It's all speculation and theories. That's the whole point of a forum, to discuss and debate issues while creating speculation, theories, hypotheses, and whatnot;

Yes, I'm well aware of what a forum is for, hence why I am a moderator on this one. :) I wasn't saying they couldn't discuss anything, I was saying that the particular argument was flawed because no one really has the exact knowledge to determine exactly what that footing is for.

besides, it's fun to try and predict what is going on at the construction area,

Yes, we know, hence why this topic was created and why Boddah and I were invited to come up to the park and take pictures

if Kings Island didn't want us to do that, they'd cover everything up and keep it on the down low.

No one was claiming that Kings Island wanted to keep it under wraps or didn't want people talking about, if you read the full topic or the front page or numerous other threads you can see the quote from the parks media director who encouraged guests to come and "watch it be built before their eyes."

No one is sitting here

I don't think anyone is standing at their computer. :P

saying that it is definitely going to be this or definitely going to be that, they are just all ideas as to what it could be.

Yes, hence why this in the Kings Island "discussion" topic. I never said people couldn't discuss what it could be or that their ideas are wrong, I just said that no one really has the industry knowledge to know exactly what that footing is for and that it was all speculation. You in turn reiterated that point made in my previous post.

Yes, I'm well aware of what a forum is for, hence why I am a moderator on this one. :) I wasn't saying they couldn't discuss anything, I was saying that the particular argument was flawed because no one really has the exact knowledge to determine exactly what that footing is for.

No one claimed they did have that knowledge, it's all speculation, nothing more.

Yes, we know, hence why this topic was created and why Boddah and I were invited to come up to the park and take pictures

I think it's great that you got to go to the park early and I thank you guys very much for those awesome pictures so we can speculate, but just because you saw it first, doesn't mean people aren't allowed to say what they think it is going to be, within reason and a logical guess, of course.

No one was claiming that Kings Island wanted to keep it under wraps or didn't want people talking about, if you read the full topic or the front page or numerous other threads you can see the quote from the parks media director who encouraged guests to come and "watch it be built before their eyes."

I never said they were, I said if...key word.

I don't think anyone is standing at their computer. :P

I didn't say "No one is sitting here." There is no period at the end and there is more to that statement, read it again and please don't put words and/or phrases into my mouth making me look like a fool.

Yes, hence why this in the Kings Island "discussion" topic. I never said people couldn't discuss what it could be or that their ideas are wrong, I just said that no one really has the industry knowledge to know exactly what that footing is for and that it was all speculation. You in turn reiterated that point made in my previous post.

I completely agree that people without that knowledge shouldn't dismiss other opinions and possibilities and think that theirs is the right one, but people are allowed to say what they think it is whether they have the industry knowledge or not. I completely understand that you are a moderator and your job is to keep the forums clean of spam and bogus posts, but if someone posts a legitimate possibility as to what "Project 2009" may be, and they clearly don't have that industry knowledge, doesn't mean their idea should automatically be discarded and pushed to the side.

All in all, I'm not trying to say you are wrong or flame you or anything of the sort, so please don't take my replies the wrong way. I can't stress enough how great your pictures are and how thankful I am to you guys for posting them. Whatever it is, it's going to be great. It's going to be really cool sitting back and watching it go up through the course of the summer, fall, and winter.

Buddy, I think you got the wrong idea, and are trying to make something out of nothing. Never once did I dismiss anyones opinions or claim my opinions were'nt right just because I got to go to the park early. I stated my opinion just as everyone else has. No one was shut down, cast out, or told their ideas were invalid, you seem to be the only one who interpreted it that way, and I'm sorry for that, but you got the wrong idea. The "no one is sitting here" was a joke (hence the " :P " after it), us regular posters have a good feel for each other and I, nor anyone else, was trying to make you look like a fool, just trying to keep some humor and a positive attitude in the topic.

You wanna talk about putting words in peoples mouth:

and they clearly don't have that industry knowledge, doesn't mean their idea should automatically be discarded and pushed to the side.

All I did was state a fact, no one on here does have that industry knowledge, if they do they are more than free to speak up. Even if they don't I DID NOT say that makes their opinions invalid or that tehy should be discarded.

No one is saying anything bad about another user or that anyone else is less important, lets get back to the topic at hand if anyone else wants to further discuss the pictures, if you have any more concerns feel free to PM me, but lets not sidetrack this topic any more.

Gordon, The Beast was awesome today! I hit some airtime on the 2nd drop for the first time.

Great pics and report.

Oh, I think there are a few people on this forum that know about coaster structures, but I think we are just listening to others with a big smile on our face :)

Swampy

Gordon, The Beast was awesome today! I hit some airtime on the 2nd drop for the first time.

Great pics and report.

Oh, I think there are a few people on this forum that know about coaster structures, but I think we are just listening to others with a big smile on our face :)

Swampy

I probably saw you. Glad you had a blast.

Personal Speculation: The footing is for a light post that will be 200 feet high and light up the new paddle boats.

Personal Speculation: Swan lake and the footing are for a chairlift that will take you to the back of the park to a super huge coaster that takes you over the river and through out the back property and over the waterpark... it's a theory.