Flyers and anitques or IJST

thejoker8388

In all seriousness, it is kind of hard to judge which is better Eagles and Antiques or IJST. The reason is that we haven`t seen the finished product for IJST. We could be blown away by the experience. Personally, I`m happy about a highly themed roller coaster, but am saddened by the loss of two classic rides.

I'm not saying that no one enjoyed the Eagles. I have said it many times before. There are several rides over the years that Paramount removed that I loved dearly...i.e. Bayren Curve, Der Spinnin' Keggers, Bavarian Beetle, etc. Yes, I was briefly upset, but now Paramount is finally getting it right to install fantastic new rides in place of the old ones. Get over it. Move on. Life is too short to dwell on something like the removal of a favorite ride.

I am a little angry about the loss of the eagles. I wish they were going to return and not the tiques. As far as I am concerned, I say good riddence to the tiques. I like change and accept it, especially when it's a coaster. I personal cannot wait till 2005. Come on folks, think about it, we are finally getting a coaster!!! I say bring on IJST.

Ok, I've got a plan. (Marketing, listen up.  That means YOU, Steve and Taney)

This is what we're going to do: let's SAY that we're sending the scooters, but in fact, we'll send the Troika instead.  No one cares about it anyway.

By the time they get it there, it will be too late and they'll be stuck with it!

What do you say?

LOL

Hey now, I like the Troika! although i would rather have Flyers, so lets ditch them and put the Flyers there :jerry:

LOL :lol:

I know this is a dumb quistion, but what is Troika? FE and AC over IJST any day. I think IJST should have gone were TG is.

This is what we're going to do: let's SAY that we're sending the scooters, but in fact, we'll send the Troika instead.  No one cares about it anyway.

By the time they get it there, it will be too late and they'll be stuck with it!

What do you say?

LOL

Hey now, I like the Troika! although i would rather have Flyers, so lets ditch them and put the Flyers there :jerry:

I know this is a dumb quistion, but what is Troika? FE and AC over IJST any day. I think IJST should have gone were TG is.

Troika = Shake Rattle & Roll

Where I come from, I believe they call that a quote pyramid! You see ALOT of them on www.sg1archive.com/forums! :rolleyes:

I was sad to see the Flyers go. I never rode Tiques. They looked really boring. Like somebody on one of the board said - If you miss Tiques that much, drive your car through a wooded area at every low speed for the same effect. But the Flyers were really cool.

Italian Job looks OK. Even though Son of Beast is my favorite, I like Adventure Express. It is a decent and easy ride, and it has cool theming. I think Italian Job will be the same way. Very low on thrills, but a nice ride, and the theming will be cool.

What you will have to watch out for is that it is a very low capacity ride. Expect lines like Drop Zone and Face Off. So I probably won't ride it a lot unless I can walk on. The same goes for AE. If theres more than a 10 minute wait, I won't ride it. After a couple rides on IJST, it will probably be the same. Why wait an hour for IJST when you can wait 15 minutes for the tallest, fastest, roughest, most extreme and only looping woodie in the known universe? :P

Personally, I woult think twice about riding Son of Beast if it has no line! The last couple of times I have ridden that ride I have gotten beaten to death. True, if there is a wait of ten minutes for AE, it probably isn`t worth it, but when it has a line that long, the park is probably pretty crowded. Since AE is a high capacity ride, it will generally have a shorter line, even at ten minutes, then the rest of the park on a busy day, does that make sense?

Yeah, IJST will not be a high capacity ride. But then again, neither were the Eagles or Tiques. I believe that we may have not seen the end of the Tiques! I have a inkling they may return in 2006 under a new name and theme.

I agree, they probably would make a return. I'd rather get something new, like a Jump2. I went to a some roller coaster site today, and downloaded a video of Sledgehammer at Paramounts Canadas Wonderland. It beats the crap out of Delirium. I hope we get one! Seriously, if you haven't seen it, look it up on google. Its awesome!

I have to admit. I got pulverized my last ride on SOB. But I still love it. I hope to be at 500 rides by the end of next season. I just cant convey in words how cool SOB is. :lol:

What do you say?

LOL

Troika = Shake Rattle & Roll

I'm making it grow. :lol: Why didnt they just move FE to were FC used to be? I'm that area is not being used for anything.

I can't wait till IJ:ST! I didnt care for the eagles, but the antique cars was my grandma's fav ride and it was the last ride she ever rode in her life, when she died, there was a picture of me, my sisters and her on that ride in her cascket, so i will miss them a lot. But she had a love for coasters, so if anything were to take the cars place, at least its a coaster

In loving emory of Helen Leistner