Best Shoes to Wear

mckensmom

I am from northeast Tennessee and this year purchased season tickets for KI! WE have been alternating years since 1995 but haven't been since 2006! We are excited to get back!! Anyway--I live 60 miles from Dollywood and went yesterday--my visits to theme parks is always marred by sore feet! I done a search to see what shoe was recommended and kept coming up to CROCS! Well yesterday we went to Dollywood ALL DAY!! I bought CROCS for myself and my two daughters before we got there and I have to agree--my feet were never sore and I didn't have to worry about ruining tennis shoes or my favorite sandals! Now you say they are ugly--I swore I would never buy them---loved the MAry Jane's on a friend--tried them on and hated them on me--but I bought the Cleos and really liked them! My oldest daughter got the Athens--which I didn't care about but she is 11 and loved them and my youngest daughter is 9 and got the Capris which I loved too but not my size!! Just thought I would pass it on!! Can't wait to get to KI Memorial Day weekend for our first trip of the season!!! :D

Mckensmom – welcome to the forums, we are always glad to see/hear from new members and their experiences. Thank-you for sharing your tip that will help others. I know Cedar Fair will be happy to learn that you will now be able to come to the park more often and stay later now that you have the right shoes on.

for extended active wear, and for hiking... its all about the Crocs, don't worry about the look, its for the feel!

when it comes to an active job... or one that you should look good in...

Do not buy Sketchers, they rub your feet raw.

Sauconys are the best, but they fit snug.

Pumas dont bend easily unless you get the suede ones, and they rot easily.

new balance is okay, they dont wear out so easily, but they look pretty ugly if you dont get the perfect ones.

Adidas is pretty good, but I go my route of black shoes... Airwalk, Payless, Twenty Bucks!!

I wore Adidas while pregnant... talk about comfy.. 10 years ago!

I have a hard time finding comfy shoes for myself because I've got a killer arch... the side of my foot BARELY even touches ground. I've got to have something with an arch.

On Sun I wore my Nike tennis shoes. BAD decision. I was in so much pain my the time I got home I could barely walk. I wear Birkenstocks 24/7/365(6). I LOVE my Birks. Nothing better, esp at KI.

I've got to get my new ones worn in, they've got a backstrap so I can keep them on. When I rode Firehawk at the KIC VIP thingy in august I had to take my shoes off... and I felt like my legs MIGHT fly out from under the leg supports... :lol:

deb

Deb – funny you say that after wearing your athletic shoes to KI by the end of the day you could barley walk because that is what happened to me too this past Sunday. I just did not post it in this thread because I did not think anybody would believe me that athletic shoes hurt my feet. I too hardly wear athletic shoes unless I am on the tread mill, just too uncomfortable or just an Indiana thing.

Deb – funny you say that after wearing your athletic shoes to KI by the end of the day you could barley walk because that is what happened to me too this past Sunday. I just did not post it in this thread because I did not think anybody would believe me that athletic shoes hurt my feet. I too hardly wear athletic shoes unless I am on the tread mill, just too uncomfortable or just an Indiana thing.

Maybe it is an Indiana thing. My feet have been killing me and all I wear to KI is Shox. It's our unique feet I suppose.

I am from northeast Tennessee and this year purchased season tickets for KI! WE have been alternating years since 1995 but haven't been since 2006! We are excited to get back!! Anyway--I live 60 miles from Dollywood and went yesterday--my visits to theme parks is always marred by sore feet! I done a search to see what shoe was recommended and kept coming up to CROCS! Well yesterday we went to Dollywood ALL DAY!! I bought CROCS for myself and my two daughters before we got there and I have to agree--my feet were never sore and I didn't have to worry about ruining tennis shoes or my favorite sandals! Now you say they are ugly--I swore I would never buy them---loved the MAry Jane's on a friend--tried them on and hated them on me--but I bought the Cleos and really liked them! My oldest daughter got the Athens--which I didn't care about but she is 11 and loved them and my youngest daughter is 9 and got the Capris which I loved too but not my size!! Just thought I would pass it on!! Can't wait to get to KI Memorial Day weekend for our first trip of the season!!! :D

Maybe I'm just naive, but I haven't heard of like any of these... would someone please explain what Crocs are? Are they those crazy shoes witht he holes in them? Thanks!

P.S.

Chuck Taylor All Stars are not good for theme parks (even though I still wear them to KI :P ).

I wear vans almost everyday. I have three pairs, white and black checkered pattern (which are after 2 years brown and black), yellow and black checkerd pattern (Go Steelers!), and blue and black checkerd patter (which are currently covered in mud from band camp last year...)

But, I also wear Onitsuka Tigers, made by Asics. They're pretty comfy, and I usally wear them to theme parks.

Iam from Indy also.I wear all types of shoes.I got Dc shoes 2 pairs of shox adidas cons and some jordans.I tell you dont wear jordans to the park o my god my feet hurt so bad last year.All my shoes got gel insoles in them now.They all fell pretty good now my dc are my favs.But i have to say my camo crocs are the best yeppy lol.

Iam from Indy also.I wear all types of shoes.I got Dc shoes 2 pairs of shox adidas cons and some jordans.I tell you dont wear jordans to the park o my god my feet hurt so bad last year.All my shoes got gel insoles in them now.They all fell pretty good now my dc are my favs.But i have to say my camo crocs are the best yeppy lol.

MotorinoZilla – Welcome to KICentral thanks for sharing you vast experience of shoe choices with us, looking forward to more posts from you.

Maybe it IS Indiana feet, but I'm not from Indiana, I just live there! I'm a KY girl at heart. I was born and grew up in KY, moved to Indiana at 22.

My feet hurt because I am used to wearing Birks. I wore the same Nikes to pick my son up from school in the winter, slipped and fell, and have had issues since. Once you get used to wearing Birkenstocks (they make you feel like you are barefoot, only with SUPERIOR support) you really CAN'T wear any other shoes for a length of time. I see myself in the store, trying on shoes, and liking them... until I TRY to walk in them. I sure hope I can find some Tatami (a Birk brand) athletic sandals!

deb