No pictures on Backlot stunt coaster?

Mr.Smiley

^ Wow, it's crazy that the Paramount folks couldn't realize what a dumb place they had the cameras before on SOB.

Uh, thats because when Paramount owned the parks there was a loop in that spot and the company that managed the cameras and on-ride photos was a third party.

The loop was removed after Cedar Fair had take control and the Photo people are currently Kings Island employees.

Jeeze, some of you will blame anything and everything on Paramount.

^ Wow, it's crazy that the Paramount folks couldn't realize what a dumb place they had the cameras before on SOB.

Uh, thats because when Paramount owned the parks there was a loop in that spot and the company that managed the cameras and on-ride photos was a third party...

But wasn't the photo spot right before the lift hill? I'm confus-ed. :blink:

Uh, thats because when Paramount owned the parks there was a loop in that spot and the company that managed the cameras and on-ride photos was a third party...

But wasn't the photo spot right before the lift hill? I'm confus-ed. :blink:

It was, he was saying Paramount was stupid for having it there and not in its new spot where the loop once was. When in actuallity, it wasn't Paramount's decision nor did they manage the photos.

But you'd think they could have found a better spot than at the bottom of the lift? Maybe on the drop going into the loop? Or at the bottom of the first drop?

And emobeaver, there is a ride with an ORP in an inversion. Last I heard Hydra at Dorney has a photo section in the Jojo roll. And Maverick was supposed to have one photo in the heartline roll, but that was scrapped after that section was removed. Instead, that photo was moved to the straight-away after the former heartline roll's spot, going into the Stengel dive under the first drop. And speaking of Maverick, the other photo section was originally going to be at the bottom of the first drop, but was instead moved to the end of the launch tunnel. Not sure why they decided to make the change, but I think that either position would make a good ORP. I would have liked for them to keep the first one at the bottom of the first drop and move the heartline roll photo to the end of the tunnel.

It was, he was saying Paramount was stupid for having it there and not in its new spot where the loop once was. When in actuallity, it wasn't Paramount's decision nor did they manage the photos.

Well, I never actually said Paramount was stupid. I said they picked a dumb place. And I wasn't saying the loop section was the best place (which it totally would have been when there was a loop) but you can't tell me Paramount couldn't have SOME say in where the picture spot could be on the ride. I mean, before the lift? Please.

If they can have a loop taken off a roller coaster, they can have a picture add-on moved to a better spot.

Remember, the placement before the SOB lift allowed for pleasant smiles. The placement after the rosebowl likely results in grimmaces and horror.

As someone else mentioned, I believe the on-ride photos are provided by an outsourced company. They seem to change with the wind... and move dependant upon interest in the attraction.

There's a large empty on-ride booth from TR that has sat empty since year 1. FOF has seen more on-ride vendors come and go than I can remember. The on-ride trailer has seen several spots at KI... Adventure Express once had one. Face/Off once had one. KC once had them.

I am surprised they still turn a profit. They were a great novelty once upon a time. But seems to not have the draw and purchasing interest they once had. Seems most people look at the pic on the screen, laugh, point, and walk away.

The money lies with on-ride photos in the kid's area. I bet the Odd Coaster, Lil Bill and Scooby on-rides make a fortune.

Shaggy

Remember, the placement before the SOB lift allowed for pleasant smiles. The placement after the rosebowl likely results in grimmaces and horror.

Heh, good one. I second that.

I tend to agree. I know we usually do the ol' point and giggle at the pictures, but never purchase. But I'm sure people who don't ride these every year might grab a pic, so I'm sure they make some money. It'd be interesting to know how much it costs to keep the picture booth running compared to how many pictures are purchased per day.

Maybe a way to boost sales of pictures on rides would be to set up a way to have your picture e-mailed to your computer for a cheaper price. You wouldn't get any frame, but it'd be cheaper and in this day and age, people like the digital pics that they can share easily.

That's actually a great idea, it would also cut down on the extra cost for the special printer paper

That was the first thing i noticed when i got in line for the front seat. I saw a flash down the launch tunnel which i thought was strange but sure enough when the next train pulled into the station the on ride video cameras were no longer there.

On a side note i saw you at the park yesterday Ryan, it was in a strange area of the park, you were coming out of the restroom at the Coney entrance and i was going in, next time i see you or anybody from the site at the park i will make sure i introduce myself

Yes, but those were not for on ride photos, or were they? I thought those were for the folks who take your picture at the front gate.

I remember that...it was for the pictures taken by Keyhole Photo not the on-ride photos

Two years ago I bought a keyhole photo off of the website that appears on the little tickets they give you. At that time you could download the photo and then email it as an attachment. I believe you can still do that.

Exactly. "Chase, why do you look like you want to die?"

Lol! My mom and sister will be at KI with me, and call me saying "meet me at The Beast", i think im going to be riding The Beast, but no... it's a trick. They then say oka, lets got ride TRTR! And than ill refuse to get on, and people will think im too scared. So of course i get on anyways and die!

Also, it could have been because where it was at the time, it was very easy to get to and do maintenance on.

Plus, the loop was pretty far out there from the station, so the line runs are pretty far. SOB is one of the few rides that HAS to have fiber optic cables in order to get the video feeds to the station.