Opening Day

iChase

Hi all. I just returned from KI. I didn't stay all day, the rain kind of made it not as fun but we got to do what we came for.

We got to the park just as the parking lot opened, so we cruised right in and got a dandy parking spot in the Gold Pass area.

We headed towards the gate and noticed the massive line at the season pass processing area. I'm so glad we got ours processed Tuesday.

As we walk in I observed the new guest relations area which is a huge improvement and the new sign. The sign looked a lot cleaner than the Paramount one.

We proceeded to the right side of I Street and waited in front of Cinnabon for the ropes to be dropped. They played the national anthem and we were off.

We immediately headed back to The Beast, following Dane. On the trip back I noticed not only the new massive footing in the planter (tastefully covered up by a potted plant) but a second footing which was probably three inches above ground but equal in diameter. This was right in front of The Crypt (which was closed) and also tastefully camouflaged by a potted plant. This looks to me like a lift hill.

Anyways, we got on the ride just as the ACEers were getting off. We sat in the fifth car. When screaming down the first hill I was again reminded why I bought a season pass and why I love KI so much. This was a great ride, really pleasant.

Side note: On my trip up Beast's que I noticed a large patch of trees cleared right behind The Crypt. Most likely clearing room for the impending lift hill.

After that we headed over to Vortex and walked right on, we sat in the last car and once again, got an amazing ride.

We leave Vortex and head to Firehawk. On this journey I notice just how many trash cans were added. "This park is sure clean and tidy." Anyway, we arrive at Firehawk to be greeted by a fairly long line. The whole main que block was full except four (I think) lines in the middle which were blocked off. We wait around 45 minutes and soon we're enjoying our flight on the red train. We also happened to be entertained by the attendants with the mics doing the Jump On It dance.

We left that and headed to the newly re-reversed Racer. (Had to check out the backwards side going forwards). We waited probably ten minutes then got on. I was happy to discover that it was the smoothest ride I've ever received from The Racer. The retracking was wonderful.

After our Race, which wasn't really a race considering the crew didn't race them, we headed over to Festhaus. When we entered I made note of the new stage with the County Line set. I picked up two slices of pepperoni, some breadsticks, a massive cookie, and a Coke. I dropped 16 freaking bucks! My friend dropped 18. It was just an average meal for the price. I think all I really did was pay for the convenience of not having to leave to get food.

While we're finishing up our meal I notice random singing over the PA. The actors were sound checking for the first performance of the day (1:00). This was around 12:30. Everyone seemed puzzled but eventually went back to grazing. Perhaps a sound check at a different time of day, like before people are there.

From there we went to SOB. Probably not the best choice on a full stomach. The line was full in the station and all the way down to the tunnel. We waited around 30-45 minutes. Eventually we're third or fourth in line and the rain is coming down, not terribly but enough to be a nuisance. We still manage to ride (which confuses me because I thought Cedar Fair shut down all roller coasters in case of rain. No rides closed at all either.). That ride was painful but for other reasons than most would expect. Rain and a 70 MPH roller coaster don't really mix. Anyway, it was a nice ride. I also noticed that the moronically placed photo spot had moved to the new section where the loop had been removed. This made more sense to me.

After we hobbled off SOB we headed over to Flight Deck. I noticed all the new landscaping, (which was very nice) new light poles, and that they removed all the scenery relating to Top Gun, even the massive billboard (it helped to obstruct the view of Great Wolf Lodge better than I thought). We get on one of the middle cars, I don't remember which one. It was a pretty average ride, but fun nonetheless.

We head over and pick up some blueberry ice cream. Still wonderful as ever. We dispose of our cone wrapper in one of the numerous trash receptacles and press on.

We end up at Viking Fury, which was a walk on. Not much to talk about here except for the ride was miserable because a few freshmen behind us were trading (shrill) screams.

After we got off, regrouped, and wiped the blood out of our ears we head to the infamous construction site.

We stand observing. I make a particular note of how much room is there sans the trees and lake.

I make a connection. When I rode SOB I notice MASSIVE holes dug by a trackhoe. I figure that extra dirt at Swan Lake is from those holes.

After standing and talking for a bit we decide we don't want to be wet any more and head out to the car around 3.

When we walk out the gate I see the season pass processing line which was longer that it had been when we arrived. Once again, I'm glad I got mine processed early.

As we walk away from the park I get a warm feeling because I feel like I'm home. This is the park that I've spent many days at as a child and I'm now driving to it myself with my friends. This is where a huge amount of memories have been made for me. I'm warmed the most perhaps, by the feeling that I get to return all I want. I can't wait for my next trip.

Sounds like about the same day I had. I agree that the Red Racer was killer smooth and were they put the on ride photo on SOB was kinda stupied.

Top Gun opps Flight Deck looks alfull, needs paint real bad. Maybe green track with blue post's or something, the flightdeck decal doesn't match the train.

We got to the park just as the parking lot opened, so we cruised right in and got a dandy parking spot in the Gold Pass area.

We headed towards the gate and noticed the massive line at the season pass processing area. I'm so glad we got ours processed Tuesday.

Im sorry but how do u figure that there was a massive line for pass processing that early...i got in the parking lot at 9:15 and we walked right up to get our pictures. There was a huge massive line when we left around noon...but there was none at 9:15.

We were with you until you went to Firehawk. We went to BLSC. That pass line was enormous. Around 12:30 it was all the way into the parking lot to the point that the end of the line was even with the parked Kings Island Resort bus. Glad we got ours early too.

And, btw there are 2 footings by the crypt. And another huge one right behind the fence next to Antique Photo (to the right as you face the building). We also rode the train and there are construction flags on trees all the way back to where the train crosses Whitewater Canyon. There were a couple on trees right up to the edge of WWC.

And, yes, we were on the Red Racer train that got stuck on the lift hill this morning.