worst trip to the park I ever had...

Cormaster

Wait, how do rising gas prices affect park food prices going up? Where's the correlation?

Easy. The actual food product prices have jumped through the roof because of gas prices. Why you ask? Because for Kings Island to receive these food products they have to be delivered via trucks, which run on diesel. Also, the food processors have to get their ingredients shipped from around the country causing a higher price.

What he said lol.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wedding.jpg

Theres a picture of me and my wife during our wedding last august. Thats all I'm going to do, instead of posting her actual weight. She wouldn't appreciate that.

BTW my handel is pronounced 'core' - master. No harm done just letting everyone know. Its my real life nickname (my actual name is Cory). I get the CORNmaster thing a lot on other sites. I actually have started spelling it 'Cor-master' on newer message boards just so so people don't get confused.

Guest kwindshawne
wedding.jpg

Theres a picture of me and my wife during our wedding last august. Thats all I'm going to do, instead of posting her actual weight. She wouldn't appreciate that.

BTW my handel is pronounced 'core' - master. No harm done just letting everyone know. Its my real life nickname (my actual name is Cory). I get the CORNmaster thing a lot on other sites. I actually have started spelling it 'Cor-master' on newer message boards just so so people don't get confused.

You two make a cute couple-besides, she doesn't look that big to me. It's all proportion.

Thank You!

So I guess yeah it wasn't horrible yesturday as far as waits go but honestly my last 4 visits I went to the park when it was so dead everything was a walk on. Went on a sunday in october of '05, went late last June on a semi-rainy day, then me and jackie had a little mini-honeymoon and spent 2 days at the park in august, when it happened to be the absoloute hottest days of the summer, and as a result the park was dead. Last time the only thing that had a wait was Firehawk and it was only a 1/2 hour. Everything else was walk on, but the KI employees still wouldn't let us ride again without having us walk through the line. I actually hit up Son of Beast 5 times in one day!

So I'm not really used to having to wait at all now. And I'm hoping to hit up boomerang bay when I go back and I'm really wondering how much I'll enjoy that. Next time we are going on the evening of Sunday June 1rst, staying a night at the Great Wolf Lodge, and then I'm hoping to hit up the park at 9a.m. on monday. I really love the Great wolf lodge water park, and best part is its private from public so you don't have to worry about long waits

Guest kwindshawne
Thank You!

So I guess yeah it wasn't horrible yesturday as far as waits go but honestly my last 4 visits I went to the park when it was so dead everything was a walk on. Went on a sunday in october of '05, went late last June on a semi-rainy day, then me and jackie had a little mini-honeymoon and spent 2 days at the park in august, when it happened to be the absoloute hottest days of the summer, and as a result the park was dead. Last time the only thing that had a wait was Firehawk and it was only a 1/2 hour. Everything else was walk on, but the KI employees still wouldn't let us ride again without having us walk through the line. I actually hit up Son of Beast 5 times in one day!

So I'm not really used to having to wait at all now. And I'm hoping to hit up boomerang bay when I go back and I'm really wondering how much I'll enjoy that. Next time we are going on the evening of Sunday June 1rst, staying a night at the Great Wolf Lodge, and then I'm hoping to hit up the park at 9a.m. on monday. I really love the Great wolf lodge water park, and best part is its private from public so you don't have to worry about long waits

I am going to play hooky one day this summer when I know it will be good weather wise and hit the park. I haven't been on a weekday in ages, but I have a god awful amount of sick time and vacation and I have to start using it, so why not? I think I was in high school the last time I went on a weekday which was eons ago.

As for the food....we packed our lunches and ate in the parking lot before we came in. Ice water is free! We ate at Skyline for dinner and my cousin and I each got 2 cheese coneys....my mom and brother each got 4-ways and we filled up our two souvenir cups and it was only about 20 bucks. For 4 people that was pretty good. You just have to find the right place!

Skyline?!?....that’s heresy!!!! Why you didn’t go to the Gold Star on Mason-Montgomery & Socialville is beyond me!?!

That’s definitely my dinner hot-spot to leave for while at KI… ;)

As for the food....we packed our lunches and ate in the parking lot before we came in. Ice water is free! We ate at Skyline for dinner and my cousin and I each got 2 cheese coneys....my mom and brother each got 4-ways and we filled up our two souvenir cups and it was only about 20 bucks. For 4 people that was pretty good. You just have to find the right place!

Skyline?!?....that’s heresy!!!! Why you didn’t go to the Gold Star on Mason-Montgomery & Socialville is beyond me!?!

Why anyone would go to Gold Star over Skyline is beyond me.

Ahem!

You rang?

The taste that's taking over....

:)

And don't think for one minute that if Gold Star offers one red cent more than Skyline when Skyline's contract is up that Cedar Fair won't take it.

Hmmm, well considering that when Skyline came to Kings Island, it was a franchise license that was purchased. ie - Skyling did not pay anything to Kings Island. I'd be interested to see how the contract is written now, but can not imagine it is any different.

Exactly!!! I was just talking about where you could go while you are IN the park that's not too expensive. Anyway, if I went outside the park I would go to the Skyline 2 minutes down the road! Gold Star is NASTY!

By the way, Cormaster-you and your wife DO look cute together. She does have huge boobs too so I can see even if she lost the rest of the weight it would be pretty uncomfortable still. But like I said you guys just have to work at it together!

And I agree with everyone saying the best time to go is during a weekday. Because even during the weekends in the summer when Boomerang Bay is open the actual park is still ususally really crowded. It all just depends.....but you can't expect not to have to wait in line when you go to KI!

~Ash

yeah the time to go is always on a weekday. I wouldn't dare even think about going a Saturday.

We usually bring our lunches, I still can't figure out why we decided to eat at the park anyway... oh yeah thats right. We had intended on going to Wings buffet for dinner, and skipping lunch. We ended up going to the Festhaus for lunch because her brother wouldn't stop whining. That really irritated me. We got to the park at 11:30 and he immediatly starts crying for food... I'm sorry but my attitude for KI is you can eat when you leave. I'm a trooper typically, when I start riding coasters I don't want to stop for food. So I was really getting irritated with him.

Last year we went to Wings after waiting in line for Firehawk for an hour and a half only for the ride to break down. It was hot, we were sweaty and hungry, so we went to Wings Buffet. I still say thats the best deal in the park! I mean no it was no Old Country Buffet, but being $15 for all you can eat park food, it was the best deal in the park!

My trip totally sucked this time. I went with my wife, my brother, and my brother in-law. We pulled up about 11:30, and the place was packed. Hey guess what they hold proms earlier and their were a bunch of stupid high school kids flooding the park. I thought it was supposed to be dead on opening day? Not this time.

I'm assuming the high schoolers were doing something stupid? I'm only in middle school, but I know... I'm in 8th grade btw.

At first it wasn't so bad but it got worse as the day went on. The park just kept getting busier and busier. Top Gun and Vortex now tighter restraints so now guess what? My wife can't ride them! As if it wasn't bad enough she was denied The Beast, The Racer, and FoF, now she can't even ride one of the best coasters in the park!

Her problem, being healthy isn't THAT hard. You just need to put some effort into it.

Its for that reason and that reason alone I am hating Cedar Fair. Well not just that the music still sucks.

I know, they need to start playing rap music like Party Like a Rockstar, Low, and My Humps. What's wrong with listening to rap if you're white? Cedar Fair... why? If different people of different races attends Kings Island, then they should play all music. Not just boring Colbie Calliat's Bubbly.

Oh and the prices on food, horrible. We went to the festhaus for lunch after her brother wouldn't stop whining about being hungry, and Me and my wife got this exactly: Bacon cheesburger, chicken fingers, one order of fries (we split them) a bottle of water and a large vault. I pulled out a $20 and they go "your order comes to 26.58" and I replied "someone pick my clothes off the ground because I just got RAPED!"

That's exactly how Cedar Fair makes their money: scamming. They're not really "scamming", but that's how some people look at it. SELLING APPLES $99 EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

The employees at the festhaus sucked. My bro asked for some breadsticks and the chick goes "hold on let me check" and he waits like 8 minutes. She comes back and goes "do you need anything" and he's like "uh yeah breadsticks" and she goes "sorry we are all out". Wow it took her 8 minutes to tell us that!

Some employes are dumb. One time I had to use the Firehawk lockers and I didn't know how, so I asked the guy who was sitting at the entrance of Flight of Fear, and he said something to me, but I couldn't hear him... he didn't talk loud enough to me. He like whispered something to me, so I just left him.

On The Vortex I lost it. After Jackie couldn't fit in the newly redesigned restraint I screamed "Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL THE PARK BACK TO PARAMOUNT." one of the chicks working there said "wow that was obscene" and Jackie goes "thats my husband" "oh I'm sorry for you" "well we just got gold pass memberships and after the new restraints on the rides i can't ride anything".

I agree, look at the good deeds Paramount did: Drop Zone [TALLEST GYRO DROP], and Son of Beast [TALLEST AND FASTEST ROLLER COASTER], and other stuff, like Italian Job (or Backlot Stunt Coaster), Delirium, Face/Off (Invertigo), Flight of Fear, Top Gun (Flight Deck), and Tomb Radier (The Crypt). And Fear Fest. But what impact did Cedar Fair have on Kings Island? I don't understand why a lot of people hated Paramount JUST BECAUSE Cedar Fair has only been in charge with Kings Island for only one year. But maybe we should give Cedar Fair 10+ years to see who's better, because that's the time that Paramount had Kings Island.

Seriously Cedar Fair if the rides not broke DON'T FIX IT!!!! These rides have ran how long with the same restraints and how many accidents have occured? ZERO!

Cedar Fair is paranoid. End of story.

Next post:

I do have a low opinion of high school kids. I remember how I was at that age. I was a dumb ass. And the kids I meet these days, even dumber. I have worked at lowes for 5 years now, on the Night stock crew, and I'm still the newest guy, mainly because they hire a bunch of straight out of high school 18 year old punks for our crew. They come in there, complain about everything, call in 3 out of 5 days a week, slack off and cry when a boss asks them to do something, bring illegal drugs into work, and then when they get fired or laid off, they are in their with their father claiming they didn't deserve it, and they didn't do anything wrong, and they have a lawyer and they'll sue everyone if they don't get their job back. Everyone they've hired is like that.

High school students can be stupid depending on their acts. About your post, they do that because they think they can live on their parents, but they have no lives, watching explicit stuff in the internet. They only do it for the money. And for their high school career, they probably flunked it.

Here is an average senior failing high school who is addicted to drugs:

Math class: Applied math (adding/subtracting basic fractions/decimals, like 5-6 grade math)

english class: middle school english (what is the main idea of this passage?)

science class: middle school science

history class: basic geography (what is the capital of Ohio?)

High school credits: Very low, like <10

I know how stupid they are. Some kids in our high school have to take those kinds of classes.

The Vortex and Flight deck belts were smaller and tighter, and had some weird black circles on them this year. They actually admitted that when I asked them if anything had changed this year. Son of Beast is officially now the most weight forgiving roller coaster in the place! As is Adventure Express.

Well I'm sorry I lost my temper there and on this board. I just don't like seeing my loved ones hurting. After she had to walk off top gun she acctually balled her eyes out for 10 minutes. I love my wife with all my heart, and I know The Vortex is also her favorite ride, and when she couldn't ride it, I just lost it. She really was looking foward to this trip for weeks, and out of the 5 coasters we rode, she was only able to acctually ride 2. But the good news is that she didn't miss the rides by a mile, more of a half an inch. Firehawk she was like half a click away from reaching the 2 click requirement. On top gun and The Vortex the seatbelt went in half way, just couldn't get to the point where it clicked. I think if she just lost 10 pounds...well it wouldn't help her on The Beast, Racer, or FoF, but everything else she'd be fine on.

Jog on the treadmill for 10 minutes a day. Not hard at all.

EDIT: Haha a lot of people are reading this post... (scary.)

Not necissarily rap, but maybe some rap... ie top 40. I see nothing wrong with having a top 40 station. Six Flags plays top 40 music. My friend said he rode vertical velocity hearing "faint" by linken park playing. Would that be so bad? Honestly the station probably wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to hear the exact same music 5 nights a week. Its not just lowes, but wendys, Old Country Buffet, Denny's and well now Cedar Fair park all have the EXACT same Muzak station. I swear it must just cost a $1/month or something because its so cheap. Lowes switched their station to a Top 40 station for 2 weeks in 2005, it was SO much better than Paul McCartney/steeley dan fest... and then they switched it back.

BTW why not just have no music?

Ever been in a park with no music? It's dull, lifeless, and reportedly guest conduct suffers and bigtime. I must say that Cotton Eyed Joe livens up Six Flags' entrance plazas, especially when Daffy, Porky Pig, Sylvester and Tweety dance to it...but it seems drastically out of place on the Kings Island train...

I apologize I should of used the "stupid Highschooler" thing. Some of them were annoying, most of them were fine. It wasn't a big deal, I think I was just more mad that the park was flooded with guests for the opening day and most of them happen to be "highschoolers". I do have one friend who is pretty young, he just turned 21 this year, and when I met him he was only 19, and pretty much straight out of high school. I don't hate all "highschoolers", just the idiots they find for us at lowes.

Honestly I regret my first post in the thread. I kinda ripped apart Kings Island and the whole message board during my rampage. It as a bad day, and honestly the problems actually caused by Kings Island itself were minor compared to some of the other factors. All and all it was just a bad trip, and i kind of just needed to let it out. We all kind of agreed afterwards that if the weather would of been nicer, for instance, the day would of been a LOT better. I was dressed in shorts, and a t-shirt, and the cold wind and rain kinda made me naturally miserable and irritable, so when jackie couldn't fit the rides, that just made me that much more angry. Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't of yelled on the 'tex but it was just a bad day. And I pretty much did the smart thing by leaving shortly therafter, before I ended up getting my season pass revoked.

Wait, how do rising gas prices affect park food prices going up? Where's the correlation?

And along with the things already mentioned, the cost of flour has jumped 50% over the last year: http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/6343/cost-flour and the cost of corn has also skyrocketed mainly due to advances in ethanol (ironically trying to get away from using gas): http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/05/washingt...cnd-energy.html. The farmers that raise pigs and cows are now paying a premium for corn feed. That cost is then passed down to consumers.

It is a vicious circle with no end is sight.

1 st of all i am in high school and sucks that you dont like us but suck it up. i work at ki and i dont thnk all the high schoolers are bad. and i am 5"6 and 87 lbs and i think The Racer was really tight. im really small and it was hard? hmmm

The Racer had a lot of free space for me. And I'm 5'6 and I weigh 94lbs.

I apologize I should of used the "stupid Highschooler" thing. Some of them were annoying, most of them were fine. It wasn't a big deal, I think I was just more mad that the park was flooded with guests for the opening day and most of them happen to be "highschoolers". I do have one friend who is pretty young, he just turned 21 this year, and when I met him he was only 19, and pretty much straight out of high school. I don't hate all "highschoolers", just the idiots they find for us at lowes.

Honestly I regret my first post in the thread. I kinda ripped apart Kings Island and the whole message board during my rampage. It as a bad day, and honestly the problems actually caused by Kings Island itself were minor compared to some of the other factors. All and all it was just a bad trip, and i kind of just needed to let it out. We all kind of agreed afterwards that if the weather would of been nicer, for instance, the day would of been a LOT better. I was dressed in shorts, and a t-shirt, and the cold wind and rain kinda made me naturally miserable and irritable, so when jackie couldn't fit the rides, that just made me that much more angry. Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't of yelled on the 'tex but it was just a bad day. And I pretty much did the smart thing by leaving shortly therafter, before I ended up getting my season pass revoked.

No, you did the right thing, posting your feelings and exposing all the negative points about the park and using them over the bad points.

And 50%!!! Haha verry funny. So if there was something that costed $100, then it would now be $150.

Doesn't sound like your brother in law was a real big help either.......

It sounds like you got a bad case of Murphy's Law on Opening Day. It really sucks that all of these little things piled up. (I have days just like these...my friends and I planned a trip two months in advance to see Lewis Black in Kalamazoo. We paid $150 bucks for tickets and ended up losing everything because the show was the same weekend that we had that blizzard in March...talk about unfortunate events.)

I'm 6' 2" and weigh 180 lbs. (thin build), but I have a shorter torso and longer legs, so riding anything can be painful, let along getting in. I think anyone of my proportion knows what I'm talking about when I mention riding Sonny before the new trains. Not only was it difficult to get in and out (I've almost fallen flat on my face three or four times trying to drag my legs out of Premier trains...talk about embarassing...) but espeically on PTC trains, the seat sits so low, the tops of my knees bang into the lap bar constantly on many coasters. It can be pretty painful.

Although I myself don't have a weight problem, being a taller person with not-so-natural proportions can still make things akward when riding coasters. I have 'weighty' family members, so I can't just say, "Suck it up, if you can't ride, don't! It's not the park's fault! Quit complaining!" Your wife doesn't even look that large...I've seen larger people pass the 'click test.' I'd contribute a good portion of it to her proportions...she looks fairly tall.

It all boils down to safety. The Dept. of Agriculture deems what actions need to be taken so that the park can pass safety requirements. We're all different, so making rides safer for the "average" human being means that some people are going to have it tough. That's just how it is.

As for the high-schoolers, we were all there once. A lot of the time, all one can do is just roll their eyes and sarcastically mutter, "darn kids," to themselves.

I'd say that your trip was nothing less than the exception to the rule...I would be surprised if it was ever that bad again.

I'm 6' 1" and 150 lbs. All of you under 6 foot, less than 100 pounds kids need to hush up about Racer being "tight". I can get 3 clicks EASY. I've never had any issues on any coaster. Yeah, the old SOB trains sucked, but cross your legs and presto, more comfort / able to get the bar lower.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I hear you about the frustration over the rides and food prices. I am really frugal and have a death grip on my money. I know how hard it can be in the heat of the moment (I almost put this jerk on the ground the other day) but try to stay cool.

I am 5'9" and 142lbs (Only 28th percentile despite all my routine strength training:( so I never had a problems slipping into a restraint. I am a nutrition freak and I know if your wife plays her cards right, she'll be on those rides in no time!! Good luck on your next visit!