worst trip to the park I ever had...

Cormaster

The reason that food prices are going up is because the trucking industry that delivers the food is now demanding more money in order to cover rising gas prices.

Speaking for my size (6`4 250 lbs) I find it snug, but not tight, to fit into any restraint other than SOB.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worry not. Food prices only went up a nickel or so, and that's confirmed. My source is one Richard Kinzel. I think he works for Cedar Fair. You might ask for him if you have a problem with pricing.

The prices only went up a nickel (or so), so that people could continue buying season's passes without hurting their pocketbooks too much...

Good luck on the smoking and eating addictions, cormaster, I personally do understand a true addiction, and how it is to think there should be no such thing as an addiction.

my biggest complaint is that at 6'5" you can run into a few rides that really suck. I had a really uncomfortable experiance riding Vortex last year when i was in the back seat of one of the cars. I remember sitting there right outside of the station after the ride in agony because my entire body was being piched between the OTS restraints and the seat. From that point forward I always make sure to hit the front of a car. SOB is also very tough to wedge myself into. Gotta show love to Invertigo/Face off though! Nothin like that freedom. I'd really love to see the new ride in 09' be floorless...

When I have issues it is a lot easier and more effective to pay a visit to guest relations. I notice there are some people out there asking for your cooperation in doing a survey of your day - that is another avenue to check out - those comments do get turned in to the park officials and they are reviewed so your opinion will be heard.

I am very heavy and disabled so there are a lot of things I can not do at the park but ........ I am sure everyone finds this of any amusement park. I wish I could ride those rides but in all honesty some are not safe for me any more.

I have a grandson that cries because he is too short to ride the wild rides - not a bad thing as I am sure as tiny as he is this little stinker would crawl out of it for fun so safety first.

What I enjoyed most from last year was the amazing shows. While my family checked out the rides and other attractions that were not equiped for me I went over and checked out all of the show times and was able to watch them all day. Some more than once. The kids in the shows noticed me and befriended me last year which made it so much more fun. From what I see at least one of them is in the country show going on now. I went from watching the shows to watching and talking to some really amazing people. This started me talking to others through out the park and I found out that the people that work at the park are pretty cool folks.

I have not been able to go to the park this year yet....Kings Island is currently fixing my wheelchair from my little accident in Club Blood - but once I get it back then I will be checking out the park to see what all the fuss is about.

The customer relations suggestion I made is very valid along with those surveys. I used to get Kings Island Surveys sent to my email. I filled them out all the time and made suggestions that I have seen implimented not long after suggesting them. One was the handicap accessibility that was lacking a few years back. Things were changed. My mishap during Halloween Haunt I am sure will also be addressed so that it does not happen again. I made suggestions about making our Halloween time FREE with park admission as the swim area is and the very next year it was FREE so I am sure others suggested it too!!

Maybe we can not see any safety issues because we do not know the laws or engineering specs but I am rather confident that Kings Island officials are watching out for them. If you have issues with safety I am sure they want to know so please report that too!!

Worry not. Food prices only went up a nickel or so, and that's confirmed. My source is one Richard Kinzel. I think he works for Cedar Fair. You might ask for him if you have a problem with pricing.

I read this one and just busted up laughing lol. Yeaaa I kind of think there is some guy named Richard Kinzel working for the park somewhere he he. Ohhh wait he might not be there now - I seem to remember that the "Undertaker" had a tombstone with his name on it at the front of the park at closing last year??? Wonder who took his place??

Haven't posted in a while, but the June 1st/June 2nd Great Wolf Lodge/Kings Island trip is slowly but surely approaching! Jackie's been struggling, but she's been consistantly loosing weight which is good. She is 10 pounds less than what she weighed when we went to KI last, and now with 2 weeks away, she's going to step it up even more. I finally got her motivated, and she's been taking an emotional eating class which has been helping her quite a bit. I think The Beast and The Racer will most likely still be out of her range, but I think she shouldn't have too many problems with Firehawk, Flight Deck, or Vortex anymore!

The beauty of this trip is should she not be able to ride those rides we can go to Boomerang Bay or to Great Wolf Lodge's waterpark and play.