Opening Day Problems

chuck

Why is it, when you enter the parking area; you have to drive past the Gold Pass lot to the left, go by the front sign, drive through the general parking area, loop back just to get into the Gold Pass Parking section? Wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective for visitors that have Gold Passes to come into the lot and drive straight into the Gold pass lot, or doesn't Kings Island know what gas is going for? Kings Island had two bike gaurds standing there, and they could have let Gold Pass cards go straight in.

The second problem was when you purchase a refilable sports cup (Sponge Bob and Firehawk), some of the stands today would not allow you to put Icee in them! We were told that the sports cups were for POP only; even for the 2.99 price that the signs say.... Even the new ICEE stand near the train station shows 2.99 refills, but that stand said he could only do it in the cups he sold......

To clarify, POP refills are 1.99 plus tax and ICEE's are listed as 2.99 plus tax...

Anyone at Kings Island management want to speak up???

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it, when you enter the parking area; you have to drive past the Gold Pass lot to the left, go by the front sign, drive through the general parking area, loop back just to get into the Gold Pass Parking section? Wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective for visitors that have Gold Passes to come into the lot and drive straight into the Gold pass lot, or doesn't Kings Island know what gas is going for? Kings Island had two bike gaurds standing there, and they could have let Gold Pass cards go straight in.

The second problem was when you purchase a refilable sports cup (Sponge Bob and Firehawk), some of the stands today would not allow you to put Icee in them! We were told that the sports cups were for POP only; even for the 2.99 price that the signs say.... Even the new ICEE stand near the train station shows 2.99 refills, but that stand said he could only do it in the cups he sold......

Anyone at Kings Island management want to speak up???

Yeah, what is the deal with that parking lot policy? What is the point of making everyone come in then drive back across the lot then sit in traffic while everyone with a pass turns down that first aisle and creates a bottleneck at the end of that row, the exact spot where there is a stop sign and many pedestrians. Then you drive between the entrance and gold pass lot where people are trying to cross the driveway. It has always seemed dangerous to me to direct the flow of vehicle traffic directly through the flow of pedestrian traffic as opposed to letting people come straight into the gold pass area.

It is a safety problem and a waste of gas. The traffic pattern needs to be re-evaluated. When you enter the lot, if you have a Gold Pass, you should be able to show the guard standing there where the cones start and he should allow you to go straight into the Gold lot, not drive all around and tie things up as others have also noted.... Once in the Gold lot, there wasn't a problem, just getting there . I love Cincinnati, but I don't need a tour of it just to get into the parking lot.

Where I bought my cup i'm pretty sure it said refills- $1.99!

also, i have a KI plat. pass...I paid $5 extra to get into the preferred lot...was the correct? From what i had understood, it was included as a "gold pass perk"...

There is a Gold Pass parking lot which is located across from the handicap parking. That one is for gold passholders only. The one you parked in which is "preferred" parking. It's closer to the front gate. That one is an upcharge.

Where I bought my cup i'm pretty sure it said refills- $1.99!

also, i have a KI plat. pass...I paid $5 extra to get into the preferred lot...was the correct? From what i had understood, it was included as a "gold pass perk"...

There is a Gold Pass parking lot which is located across from the handicap parking. That one is for gold passholders only. The one you parked in which is "preferred" parking. It's closer to the front gate. That one is an upcharge.

ooo....oops! lol well it was nice while it lasted :P LOL...

I haven't got my season pass processed yet, im getting it done this saturday. I have a gold pass, but will i have to pay $10 and park in the far spots since i don't have my season pass yet?

EDIT: 1111th. post!

Show them your pass voucher, they can scan that, but that will only get you in (parking) one time. You must process your pass that day, than use your pass for parking.

I haven't got my season pass processed yet, im getting it done this saturday. I have a gold pass, but will i have to pay $10 and park in the far spots since i don't have my season pass yet?

Show them your pass voucher, they can scan that, but that will only get you in (parking) one time. You must process your pass that day, than use your pass for parking.

Thanks for the info Dane!

Same goes for handicap parking. We came in last year one time and were cutting through an opening with another handicap driver car in front of us. We cut through an opening in the cones and both of us got chased down by a security biker and yelled at for cutting through. We chewed him out big time and said what a waste of gas, time and life it is to drive to the far end of the park to just come all the way back to the handicap zone. He seemed miffed and we were on our way. It is really stupid how they do the parking route early in the day. Not sure for the reason of the the bizarre routes but they really need to get over it and also let gold parkers and handicaps get right to the spots.

Now did that work better than just making a complaint at guest relations?

Not saying we are better than others just that LOTS complain about the silliness of how they do parking routes early in the day. There was an opening and we took it. It even appeared to be that way as the car in front of us did the same. So lighten up kids....

But as you see in a previous post, someone wanted to park in gold and could not figure it out. So why not make it easier to park and quit being so cutesy at opening.

I went ahead and paid the 10 bucks at the gate. Then I went to Guest Relations and got my 10 bucks back no problem. I didn't know that you could scan the voucher.

Not saying we are better than others just that LOTS complain about the silliness of how they do parking routes early in the day. There was an opening and we took it. It even appeared to be that way as the car in front of us did the same. So lighten up kids....

But as you see in a previous post, someone wanted to park in gold and could not figure it out. So why not make it easier to park and quit being so cutesy at opening.

Wasn't arguing in favor the parking policy, was just saying that its a lot more constructive to lodge a complaint with guest relations then to "chew out" an employee over something so trivial.

Exactly, I was actually at Moe's a couple months ago to pick up lunch. This guy that was in front of me was just chewing this teenage guy out like I've rarely seen before. Soooooo, being the one to mind my own business <G>, I looked at the guy and just asked him if it made him feel like a big man by chewing out a kid. LOL, the guy was shocked and his wife directed him to his seat.

I can not stand it when someone blames some line worker for something out of their control.

The biggest thing we saw were people smoking EVERYWHERE in the park. I'm not a smoker, although I grew up in a smoking household and I'm the only person in my WHOLE family that doesn't. I can't handle the smell of smoke and I appreciate the fact that KI is trying to cut smoking back to designated areas (which I avoid). I don't care if patrons smoke, I just don't want to have to breathe it if I don't have to.

And the other thing we noticed was that almost NONE of the token or change machines were working. Almost everyone of them had the light on. We could've had an Elmo with a block from the Action Theater but, alas, no tokens in the machine.

The Gold pass parking is IMMEDIATELY to the left when you get through the parking gates. There is a sign, but it's not large nor noticeable, and I can see how if you didn't KNOW to look for it, you wouldn't see it at all. If you turn in there, go straight down and you'll see the parking lot attendant checking your pass.

deb

The biggest thing we saw were people smoking EVERYWHERE in the park. I'm not a smoker, although I grew up in a smoking household and I'm the only person in my WHOLE family that doesn't. I can't handle the smell of smoke and I appreciate the fact that KI is trying to cut smoking back to designated areas (which I avoid). I don't care if patrons smoke, I just don't want to have to breathe it if I don't have to.

I actually noticed that too. I'm hoping that it was because people were simply too busy with it being opening day to pay full attention to those types of details. I did however see an area manager instruct someone to put out a cigarette and walk over to the smoking section and relight it.

That's what we saw the MOST of, employees, BLACK clothed security officers walking right past a smoker. It's not like it's THAT hideable. You could smell it from afar... But I assume that the girl that was pulled off The Vortex for a moment was where they were headed, as we were at the Juke Box getting Ice Cream (in 50 degree weather... brrr) and watching to see if Vortex was EVER gonna run again... we heard she had a stomach upheaval, but the First Aid was coming, so I made an assumption that it was more than that... why would you vomit on the lift hill, anyways? :blink:

deb