Opening Day Problems

chuck

How would they know if you bought your Firehawk cup last year or this year? They are the same.

If they are the same, then I'd imagine Kings Island won't be adopting this policy until next year. How then to explain those who attempted to refill last year's cups last weekend and were told no? Training? Jumping the gun on a new, not yet adopted policy? First day jitters?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would they know if you bought your Firehawk cup last year or this year? They are the same.

If they are the same, then I'd imagine Kings Island won't be adopting this policy until next year. How then to explain those who attempted to refill last year's cups last weekend and were told no? Training? Jumping the gun on a new, not yet adopted policy? First day jitters?

That may be something to ask those that private messaged you but did not post their response in the forum for some reason.

I have last years cups and cups from the year before that AND yes I have a Firehawk from this year and could not get an ICEE in it, a kid at the stand next to Planktons Plunge wanted me to purchase a large ICEE cup and he said it was good for the season; but that cup he wanted us to buy would not last one day (it was really cheezy). My wife and I were told only pop in the Firehawk cup; and we even pointed out the sign above the window said Souvonier Cup ICEE refil 2.99....

This is posted in the forum and not in a PM...

Here is a picture of a poster that is put around and at most food service shops.

0_0_44f174743d723f06b14332e0a7beca01_1.j

I really like the past years KI souvenir cups as they were better insolated and nicer, the ones now are just a basic thin plastic restaurant style cup.

Here is a picture of the Icee stand in River Town, in it shows the signs for the price and also the Icee souvenir cups. They look like dumbbells larger at the top and bottom and smaller in the middle

0_0_23c8365de6293acbee70298658238d16_1.j

My wife made the comment to me that she thought the Icee Cups looked to small with the middle slimed down and she was concerned on how she would need two carry two types of cups now.

Nice pictures! And you can see in the newer stand that refills are 2.99; at the other stands that sell the Spongebob and Firehawk cups, they also show 2.99 for ICEE refills; but on opeing day, they would not allow ICEE's in the Spongebob and Firehawk cups...

A friend of mine ran into a problem on opening day. We stopped at a stand in Nickelodeon Central to get some snacks and instead of being charged $16 and some change, her debit card was charged for $50 even. Nobody knew how to fix it and we had to sit there for an hour before Loss Prevention finally called and said they would refund the entire amount. Other than that, the only problems we had were the height requirements being different than last year. The kids were able to ride AE last year but were 2 inches too short this year! I understand its for their own safety but they were so dissapointed.

Nice pictures! And you can see in the newer stand that refills are 2.99; at the other stands that sell the Spongebob and Firehawk cups, they also show 2.99 for ICEE refills; but on opeing day, they would not allow ICEE's in the Spongebob and Firehawk cups...

I believe you mean $1.99.....for a refill.

In a cup that likely won't last a season.

Sigh.

NO, I mean; The signs say 1.99 for POP and 2.99 for ICEE refills in the Souvonier Cups! Next visit look at the price sign above a stand :rolleyes:

Last year some stands only charged 1.99 for both POP & ICEE :D , BUT others charged the 2.99 that the sign above each stand for an ICEE.... Each of the refills is for the Souvonier Cup...

Yep, now I see (had to expand that ICEE stand sign picture).

I bet the ICEE stand is an outside vendor. I also wonder how long that self-service concept will work. I bet more than a few cups get refilled at that stand without so much as a dime being paid....it's called shrinkage, theft, shoplifting, etc. I also bet there will be a serious bee problem.