4/20/08 Visit - First of the Season

italianchef

Today I went to Kings Island with one of my friends to enjoy the big rides. First we headed to The Crypt to see how different it is now that TR:TR is no more, but it had a sign stating that it was closed all day! :angry:

So we opted for a ride on The Beast, followed by a joy ride on Backlot Stunt Coaster. Other than a new sign and a paint job on the cars, it seemed the same at TIJSC to me. And I really think that the new name should've included L.A. somewhere since the scenery replicates Los Angeles. Who came up with this new name? :huh:

On to Vortex for a fun twisting ride, followed by the indoor Flight of Fear, the only science fiction themed attraction at the park.

We left the park and went to Chan's Asian Wok on Exit 19 for a delicious and reasonably priced lunch, and then returned to Kings Island.

First we rode Flight Deck and were surprised to see that not an ounce of theming is left. KI didn't just remove the Paramount poster, they took out the flags and everything, and left no new theming in its place. And I noticed that the train cars were painted different from TG.

Then we waiting a LONG time on line to ride Vertigo, which other than a new sign, looks exactly like Face/Off. And it began raining while we were on the LONG line.

We concluded our rides at The Racer, where we rode the Blue Racer first and won, followed by the Red Racer and lost.

Then we viewed The Country Line Show in Festhaus, which was awesome, and shopped for t-shirts at Festhaus.

As we had different obligations, we left the park for the day around 3:40 p.m.

Happy 36th Season Kings Island,

Italian Chef

Aw, You went to beast before I was there. Glad you had a great day Chef!

Gabe i saw you there both in the morning about 11 or 12 i cant remember and again at about 6. You all were working very hard and i commend you on your guys' speedy and how do you say it carefullness in checking the restraints. I like how they now all say check when they go by you it makes you feel a lot better. Keep up the good work Gabe!

I was there at the end of the day, i was actually the one who told the guy on the other side what time it was.

I remember now. Good seeing you!

Gabe i saw you there both in the morning about 11 or 12 i cant remember and again at about 6. You all were working very hard and i commend you on your guys' speedy and how do you say it carefullness in checking the restraints. I like how they now all say check when they go by you it makes you feel a lot better. Keep up the good work Gabe!

We have a great crew and great people who are in charge, best of all we have great guests!

You mean you waited a long time to ride Invertigo. I think Vertigo is a disease of some sort. :D

Glad you had a good time.

The Hitchcock movie Vertigo (with one of my fav actors Jimmy Stewart.) was a Paramount picture. How ironic.

First we rode Flight Deck and were surprised to see that not an ounce of theming is left. KI didn't just remove the Paramount poster, they took out the flags and everything, and left no new theming in its place. And I noticed that the train cars were painted different from TG.

Actually, there were two flags still hanging in the underneath ques, but everything else was gone.