What Was Your Impression of KI for Opening Day 08?

BoddaH1994

No one has made an official poll about how you guys felt about KI after opening day, I'd love to hear your opinions.

My thoughts:

-The park was cleaner than ever.

-Many things that needed some TLC got paint and were fixed.

-Cedar Fair ain't screwin' around when it comes to trash cans.

-I ate at Wings and the food quality improved DRAMATICALLY over past years.

-LOVED County Line, I'm not a big country fan, but had a lot of fun watching it.

-Can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds!!

Well, it was wonderful to get back to the park!! The first drop of the first Beast ride felt so good!!!! Red racer was smooth and I felt the airtime more than I had in years. Wings was the best food value at a park in a long time. Probably the most improved thing at the park!!!! The construction has to be seen to be appreciated. It is HUGE!!!

Now the bad.... First the weather, which no one can control. Second, the queue line music was still terrible. Some televisions were blaring so loud you couldn't talk over them, others were silent with the video running, and others weren't working at all. They need to fix this!! Two of the food service workers made mistakes, but that will solve itself in time, I hope!!

But, overall, a good day!! To quote the movie Bull Durham "I'm just happy to be here!!!!"

^No the Bengal's do. I do not play football nor do I want to. Now if you are talking about darts or foosball, then you might have an argument. (I really doubt it though, because I am like the king of them both. Bring it on.) B)

Next time I am in Erie I will have to look you up. I will even let you buy. Don't worry, the last time I was in Erie was for a high school game in 1985. Moeller cremated Erie prep. I do have to go to Buffalo in a week for two days, maybe I will drive. ;)

It's funny how everyone outside of Erie always calls it "Erie Prep". :rolleyes:

I am a proud 1992 graduate of Cathedral Preparatory School.

We unfortunately have a 1-5 record vs. Moeller, but it is tough to go against a school the size of Moeller when Prep has a school of less than 600.

Prep has actually dropped to AAA in PA due to going up against much bigger schools in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Little known things: Prep has graduated both Bob Sanders (Colts-safety) and Mark Stepnoski (Cowboys, Titans- center). Sanders obviously being the more well known due to being NFL defensive player of the year in 2007.

It was probably the best opening day ever. Many of the rides are better than ever. Firehawk's crew was kind, lines wern't too bad, and weather was perfect (I was in line for slingshot during the rain so it didn't bother me). The only small complaint I have is The Crypt was closed. Overall great day and can't wait for the rest of the season.

Opening day wasnt bad, little more crowded than I would have liked, but thats to be expected I guess. For the first time ever I rode Xtreme Skyflyer and slingshot and thought they were absolutly AWESOME both scared the $%@# out of me but still let me wanting more thats a good thrill ride. I will however say the day was disapointing because the crypt wasnt open. Tomb Raider was always one of the top rides I rode so it didnt really seem like a KI trip without it.

I have a few observations.

The ride opps in NU were VERY kind, conversational, and overwhelmingly helpful. My daughter could not have been happier to be there... finally tall enough to ride the swings and Blue's Skidoo...

much of the day spent in NU... I have no idea who Italian Chef is or seen him in person before... but were you at NU yesterday... if so I saw you buzz by.

The park was CLEAN and well manicured. It appeared that Vortex AND The Racer got fresh paint.. which if so- Top Gun... er. Flight Deck didn't appear to be so lucky; why is that?

The whole nostalgia marketing approach must be in the "eyes of the beholder." Maybe I just didn't make it to all the park- but nothing really stood out as nostalgic to me. Which isn't bad- not saying that. ie- International Street had not returned to anything remotely resembling the nostalgic International Street of old. Doesn't the "German" Festhaus still serve "Italian" pies (LaRosa's) and Chinese (Panda Express)?

I have a few observations.

The ride opps in NU were VERY kind, conversational, and overwhelmingly helpful. My daughter could not have been happier to be there... finally tall enough to ride the swings and Blue's Skidoo...

much of the day spent in NU... I have no idea who Italian Chef is or seen him in person before... but were you at NU yesterday... if so I saw you buzz by.

The park was CLEAN and well manicured. It appeared that Vortex AND The Racer got fresh paint.. which if so- Top Gun... er. Flight Deck didn't appear to be so lucky; why is that?

The whole nostalgia marketing approach must be in the "eyes of the beholder." Maybe I just didn't make it to all the park- but nothing really stood out as nostalgic to me. Which isn't bad- not saying that. ie- International Street had not returned to anything remotely resembling the nostalgic International Street of old. Doesn't the "German" Festhaus still serve "Italian" pies (LaRosa's) and Chinese (Panda Express)?

When Festhaus opened, it had International Style food: German, Italian, Mexican, American.

I had a great day at opening day. It was my first opening day, so it was kinda special. I hit every roller coaster at least once. I took a trip on the train for the first time since I can remember to see the construction back in the woods. All the ride opps were very friendly and efficient. I got to talking about the rumored coaster with a very nice man right outside the crypt. It was a very good day all around for me. :)

I only have two complaints. There seemed to be a lot of smoking outside of the smoking areas. While I was standing in line for the Slingshot, A group of people were smoking right behind us. I mentioned this to the lady standing by the gate and she did nothing. She didn't even give me a response. She just shrugged it off without a word. I know she has a job to do in making sure the ride is running safely, but an aknowledgement would have been nice. And secondly, the food at Outer Hanks was much worse than last year. The food was cold and the portions were smaller than I remember. I got two pices of fried batter with some fish inside 4 shrimp, and a basket of fries.

Outside of those 2 complaints, I had an excellent day and I can't wait to go back.

Opening day was pretty good even though i got there at 6PM because i was in Indiana. I personally thought some of the ride ops were running slower than they should and there were a couple of things that they could have done better but it was opening day and that is something you have to be ready for. A couple things i noticed that some people have said already.

1st: Flight of Fear is back to on ride photos, the videos are completely gone

2nd: On the wooden coasters they are now checking seatbelts and to make it easier the seatbelts now have straps that will come up in the middle of your restraint and that is what the checkers pull on to make sure they are locked, I also noticed these straps on Invertigo and Drop Tower and my guess will notice it on a lot more rides next weekend when i try to ride all of them

opening day was great, cant wait to go back. I have some complaints though, one being that everytime someone check you restraint they said "Check" out loud. It got on my nerves. Also, that some of the ride opps were a little rude. Example: I rode The Beast first and when I got off the ride and half way down the exit I realized my wallet wasnt with me. I returned to the exit and asked to check the seat I was in and the guy told me that i would have to wait, I said okay. He then turned around to me and said that I would have to wait for the train to come back and check it then. It was still in the station and everything when I went up there. I did however get it back when it returned to the station. Why wouldnt they let me check before it left to begin with?

A couple of things that I observed,

While the park really didn't invest in a big attraction this year they made some much needed improvements.

-New red and white trashcans

-Credit Card Machines at some games

-Renovated Guest Relations

-Show in Festhaus

-Many things repainted

There are many more but it is good to see the park spend some money outside the latest greatest thrill ride.

I think that the park has really cleaned up and has the best staff i have ever been in the precense of. I have to give 2 thumbs up to Cedar Fair, KI is a whole new park and i wouldnt be surprised if it is in the running for Amusement Park of the year.

I loved the Red Racer. It was fast, smooth, and a whole new experience. As the train got to the hill where the 2 tracks split off, I was looking to the left. The train went to the right. Not used to that, but LOVED it. Also liked seeing some decent music videos in the queues instead of those creepy dancing cats.

Also loved the food in Wings. Saw some of the people on here, but was too busy tearing that buffet a new one to say hi.

Best part was going to the park with 9 of my friends. If anyone remembers the people yelling "Ruffio, Ruffio, Ru-ffi-OOOO," "Bangerang," "You can fight, you can fly, you can *cock-a-doodle-doo*," "Marco... Polo... Chuck... Norris... Bork Bork... Chicky Chicky," and "Aflac," that was us.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...