Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Sorry for the off topic post. Back on topic. Someone was walking beside the Eiffel Tower and they go, "Look at The Vortex (Pointing To SOB) man that ride is fun especially the big loops!" That drove me crazy the rest of the day.

• Like 2

Did he get over his fear after that or did he just not talk to you again?

He was still scared, actually more scared. And he still talks to me, lol. We went to Old Town (Kissimee Florida) and rode Slingshot. He saw the signs saying how fast it was, and how tall (i think it's actually the tallest at 365ft.) and we told him that it is also just an illusion! He rode it! We got it on tape, it is so funny!

You are most certainly cruel, sir. It's funny because I would do the same thing.

While taking pictures on the Eiffel Tower yesterday. A man standing next to me was talking to his kids and was pointing at Adventure Express he told his kids that AE was actually SoB and that he didn't know what SoB was and that it was still under construction. Then a train came up the lift hill. His son says, " Daddy if it's still under construction why are their people on it?" His reply was I think those people are testers. I guess he was just trying to not look stupid to his child. I couldn't help but start cracking up. My mom even looked at me and goes, " Wow! Must be tourists or something!" :rolleyes: I heard a few more but thats the best that I heard all day.

• Like 4

i heard a guy on sunday pointed at flight deck and tell everyone that it was the new ride Kings Island had that was underground and all the people he was with ran to the entrance...

I also love how i talk to every one and they think someone has died on every single ride in the park. its aggravating.

• Like 2

Love this topic!

Old man on Eiffel Tower, pointing at the Fujitek Elevator test tower in Lebanon: "There, that's Cincinnati."

Unintentionally funny... friend of my father-in-law: "This is where they shot the Brady Bunch?" ('filmed' he meant).

Lady in Coney Mall to her kids: "Okay, okay, we'll go do the Square Bob."

• Like 4

The Common Asked Question I Get By Working At The Eiffel Tower is "Where Is Cincinnati?" Can You See Cincinnati From Here? What Highway Is That On The Other Side Of The Tower?...........My All Time Favorite, "Where Is The Antique Cars?"...................................Is That Firehawk (Pointing At Face/Off which is now Invertigo), How Do I Get Off The Eiffel Tower? Whats That Big Wooden Coaster Next To Top Gun (Are You Serious?????) O and by far....I heard a mother tell her daughter "I dont want you to come out the house looking like a hoochie anymore (little girl by the way) so zip your jacket all the way up and dont take it off"....That was an interesting Sunday Afternoon In Nick Universe.

• Like 2

In line for Flight Deck "Does this ride go upside down?" (HELLO, McFLY!!!! ANYBODY HOME?! You just walked through the longest queue in the park and saw the whole ride!!). My 7 year old (and future forum member) quickly corrected them. Then he answered several other questions that they had that actually were semi-intelligent.

THey probably though I was nuts for having kids that knew so much about the park......

• Like 2

Once, my mom and I were in line for The Beast and it broke down (we were the next people to go on...Grrrrrrrrr...). Anyway, we waited it out (like we usually do) and one of the employees was talking to us and he had to say "we aren't sure what the problem is" about 50 times. These early teen girls (you know the type) came up and started babbling on and on about what could have happened to the ride. They said something about Final Destination and went on to say "Maybe there's a candy wrapper stuck on the track! Or maybe a hip-hop rapper!" It may have been one of those you-had-to-have-been-there moments, but I found it to be halarious.

• Like 3

Once, my mom and I were in line for The Beast and it broke down (we were the next people to go on...Grrrrrrrrr...). Anyway, we waited it out (like we usually do) and one of the employees was talking to us and he had to say "we aren't sure what the problem is" about 50 times. These early teen girls (you know the type) came up and started babbling on and on about what could have happened to the ride. They said something about Final Destination and went on to say "Maybe there's a candy wrapper stuck on the track! Or maybe a hip-hop rapper!" It may have been one of those you-had-to-have-been-there moments, but I found it to be halarious.

What's happened to our youth!

Another one, "You go upside down over the station on reptar," two kids who were next in line for Reptar.

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

Here are two of my favorites:

Around 1994-ish - guy comes up to me, looking confused, wanting to know where to find "Cone Town". I figured he was referring to the "Old Coney" area and pointed him in the right direction.

July 2007 - overhearing two young boys discussing SOB, while in line for SOB. They were discussing how someone died on the ride the previous year. I just smiled and let them talk.

• Like 2

I remember working on TRTR and getting bored with the whole "technical difficulty" broken down spiel. Here were our creative answers:

"The duct tape fell off and they are replacing it."

"Durga's curse finally fell upon the ride."

"Buddah called and said that the ride needed to be rethemed since Durga was kicked out of the Panthenon." I know, nothing to do with Hindu culture but funny.

And I am completely serious about this next conversation:

Guest: "What happened to TRTR?"

Me: "Oh it ran out of gas."

Guest: "How will I know when it opens back up?"

Me: "Once you see the giant tanker truck going through the park, give us about 15 minutes to refill the tank and it will be ready to go."

Geust: "Oh, ok. Just curious but what type of gas milage does TRTR get?"

Me: "About 5 rotations per gallon."

• Like 5

LMAO, these are hilarious. I used to work there, and I've had quite a few funny questions from guests. Once I was working near The Beast and had a guest ask "How do you get to the top of the Eiffel Tower?" I really didn't know how to answer the question, so I just said "Ummm....what do you mean? I mean, there's an elevator...." Their response is Ohhhh, I get it now, thank you!" That was a very weird one. Did she think everyone took stairs up it? I really wish I said "We use a catapult, its over by FoF."

I'm sure I'll recall some more later......

• Like 1

Guest: "What happened to TRTR?"

Me: "Oh it ran out of gas."

Guest: "How will I know when it opens back up?"

Me: "Once you see the giant tanker truck going through the park, give us about 15 minutes to refill the tank and it will be ready to go."

Geust: "Oh, ok. Just curious but what type of gas milage does TRTR get?"

Me: "About 5 rotations per gallon."

That's a classic. Probably one of the best I've heard. :lol:

• Like 1

1. November 2007- "Did anyone go to spooky fear haunt this year?" Of course he's old. But I think he might have said "fear haunt" instead.

2. "They are taking out The Vortex because it's sinking in the ground." That rumor has gone too far.

• Like 1

I am really tired of people bringing up Final Destination 3 when coasters break down. Off topic, but does anyone know if that thing in Final Destination 3 was filmed at an actual park (I haven't seen it)? I know that part in the House on Haunted Hill remake was filmed on The Incredible Hulk ride.

• Like 1

I just got on youtube and watched the Final Destination Roller Coaster clip. Honestly it doesn't freak me out at all, because it just can't plain happen. For one, ever been on a looping roller coaster that long? And 2 your going to tell me like 2 billion tons of steel is just going to come apart and unravel from one digital camera falling on the track? and 3 why would the harnesses just spontaneously come up? Yeah theres nothing to be afraid of here. if someone drops a camera on The Vortex its going to break the camera. Thats about it.

I might send the idea into "mythbusters" to see if a digital camera can destory a roller coaster

• Like 2