Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

A better answer to "How long is the wait?

About 8 months.

:lol: I'm so using that one.

Random little kid next to me on Drop Tower, about halfway up: "Have you ridden this before?"

Me: "Only about 80 times."

Kid: "I'm afraid of heights."

Me: "You're afraid of heights, and you're riding this??"

Kid: "Yeah, it's fun."

:blink:

I was in line for Millennium Force and this guy points to Power Tower, looks at his son, and says "We should ride that white thing." (you mean the white thing with the big bright red letters that say POWER TOWER??)

• Like 2

Guest TombraiderTy

Person walking by me yesterday at the park on her cell phone: Yeah, Avatar, you know, the one that goes back and forth and through that loop.

• Like 1

lol, I have 2 good ones.

One guy said to his family when they passed the rivertown construction- "I think that concrete hole will be the Ice skating rink for Winterfest" :blink:

And this one is worse. :lol:

A boy was walking by with his family and said- "Diamondback, isn't that the new Son of Beast. It will be so cool." :blink: WOW

:lol:

• Like 1

Random little kid next to me on Drop Tower, about halfway up: "Have you ridden this before?"

That's not that bad. I rode it twice (or was it three times?) and I have a fear of heights. Granted, the first time I rode it was when my friend forced me onto it, but still.

The darndest thing I heard was 5 years ago, when someone in line for Delirium said something about the wheel on the ride had detached on opening day and killed a whole bunch of people. I laughed my head off, because 1. if that happened, the ride would be down, and not running (keep in mind this was in August '03 or so, a few months after its opening) and 2. it's the most far-fetched thing ever.

• Like 2

lol, I have 2 good ones.

One guy said to his family when they passed the rivertown construction- "I think that concrete hole will be the Ice skating rink for Winterfest" :blink:

And this one is worse. :lol:

A boy was walking by with his family and said- "Diamondback, isn't that the new Son of Beast. It will be so cool." :blink: WOW

:lol:

Wow...people can be SO ignorant.

But I have one for you guys. I had this in my latest TR but I'll post it here anyway.

I was walking into the quene for The Beast and I overheard some guy talking to his friends about how they need to do the world a favor and tear down The Beast and that a ferris wheel would be more exciting to ride.

• Like 1

Hey they might have been me im afraid of heights and i always ride it. It is because we (kid and I) like the rush of the height and of the drop so dont be making fun of us.

A better answer to "How long is the wait?

About 8 months.

I was in line for Millennium Force and this guy points to Power Tower, looks at his son, and says "We should ride that white thing." (you mean the white thing with the big bright red letters that say POWER TOWER??)

I'm absolutely terrified of heights. The ascent on Drop Tower scares the living hell out of me. But I still love to ride it because the drop is a thrill rivaled by no other (Until April 2009 anyway) and I always end up leaving the ride with a smile on my face

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy

Okay, so this isn't something a park guest said, but instead something both I and two other members saw a guest do. A woman in a wheelchair had a MASSIVE bag on the back of it, and her companion, a man about the same age, pulled a gallon of ice tea from it. A full gallon. Of ice tea. And he poured some into a cup he brought.

Guest TombraiderTy

^:lol: It was actually TG93 who said it was iced tea. It was a darker color, perhaps purple. And I don't drink iced tea and don't know it's "normal" color, so I'm following what he said there. But it was kinda funny, a park guest snuck in a gallon of iced tea (or whatever) to save some cash.

That's not that bad. I rode it twice (or was it three times?) and I have a fear of heights. Granted, the first time I rode it was when my friend forced me onto it, but still.

The darndest thing I heard was 5 years ago, when someone in line for Delirium said something about the wheel on the ride had detached on opening day and killed a whole bunch of people. I laughed my head off, because 1. if that happened, the ride would be down, and not running (keep in mind this was in August '03 or so, a few months after its opening) and 2. it's the most far-fetched thing ever.

yea. Drop Tower is the only ride there i am afraid off and thats cause i hate heights. but thats whi i ride it. cause it scares me

• Like 2

The darndest thing I heard was 5 years ago, when someone in line for Delirium said something about the wheel on the ride had detached on opening day and killed a whole bunch of people.

I heard something like that when I was in line for Delirium once.

Someone in front of me looked up when it was in full swing, and said "Can you imagine if that thing snapped off?"

^ :lol: It was actually TG93 who said it was iced tea. It was a darker color, perhaps purple. And I don't drink iced tea and don't know it's "normal" color, so I'm following what he said there. But it was kinda funny, a park guest snuck in a gallon of iced tea (or whatever) to save some cash.

Well, before Bin Laden I used to sneak in a pint of Bacardi 151 and mix it with the frozen strawberry drinks. Now they check fanny packs so I have to pay $7 for a beer but at least I can drink them in line again.

Last Thursday I visited the park with my brothers and we were on The Crypt. There was a lady with her daughter who asked me if it was just a simulator. I said no, it goes around and flips. Then she was getting scared. Then she asked if I get motion sickness from it. I said I don't. So the ride starts and while its flipping and turning her and her daughter start screaming because they want off. "Let us off" was the chant her and her daughter started. LOL it was hilarious. Then they stopped the ride in the middle of cycling and we sat there for a while. Then they had to move it about a foot to put it in position for us to get off. And when it started moving they started screaming and crying because they thought the ride was starting all over again. When the ride opp even said we will be moving back into rest position, they couldnt hear him because they were screaming and crying. Man was it funny!

• Like 1

The darndest thing I heard was 5 years ago, when someone in line for Delirium said something about the wheel on the ride had detached on opening day and killed a whole bunch of people.

I heard something like that when I was in line for Delirium once.

Someone in front of me looked up when it was in full swing, and said "Can you imagine if that thing snapped off?"

Haha, really? That's hilarious. Glad I'm not the only one who's heard something similar.

The same thing happened at Cedar Point a few weeks back when I went too, come to think of it. Is that rumor the next "Vortex/Magnum/whatever is sinking!"?

• Like 1

I had someone ask me with a straight face "When and where is Carrie Underwood performing?"

haha. you should of said in the parking lot so you could move up n the line :P

I work there. So they asked me where it was. Guests expect you to know everything! If I was there as a guest I probably would have said something like that though! Haha, if they believed Carrie was there I'm sure they would believe she was in the parking lot.

• Like 1

I was at the park with my brother on 8-20-08. While in line for (BLSC) I over heard three guys talking: " Yea, Kings Island changed all the names of bad coasters, but they were afraid to touch the classic names like Vortex, The Beast..ect Kings Island figured that if they changed the names and signs on face off, top gun, and italian job, more people will ride and it will bring more people to the park" HA HA HA

I wanted to turn around and say..... " No, paramount = Movie co. hence the movie names on the rides.... Ceadar Fair has no affiliation with these movies.... ha ha ha

• Like 2

Guest TombraiderTy
In line for AE: "That's the music from Star Wars!" :blink:

:lol: Well at Universal Studios a few week ago the Beetlejuice theme started playing and I exclaimed "That's the Phantom Theater music!" I don't know what I was thinking.

I work there. So they asked me where it was. Guests expect you to know everything! If I was there as a guest I probably would have said something like that though! Haha, if they believed Carrie was there I'm sure they would believe she was in the parking lot.

Well you should know a decent amount about the park in order to answer guests. And if you don't know the answer, the employee manual directs you to tell them that you will find somebody who does know the answer to your question.

I was at the park with my brother on 8-20-08. While in line for (BLSC) I over heard three guys talking: " Yea, Kings Island changed all the names of bad coasters, but they were afraid to touch the classic names like Vortex, The Beast..ect Kings Island figured that if they changed the names and signs on face off, top gun, and italian job, more people will ride and it will bring more people to the park" HA HA HA

:lol: Well, at least he had some creative thinking.