Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I had someone ask me with a straight face "When and where is Carrie Underwood performing?"

haha. you should of said in the parking lot so you could move up n the line :P

I work there. So they asked me where it was. Guests expect you to know everything! If I was there as a guest I probably would have said something like that though! Haha, if they believed Carrie was there I'm sure they would believe she was in the parking lot.

yea. i think they were thinking of jordan pruitt. i was the first one in line and she signed my shirt. i sold it on ebay and got 350 dollers!!!

• Like 1

I had someone ask me with a straight face "When and where is Carrie Underwood performing?"

I would say they probably heard the announcement for the Country Music show at the Festhaus that mentions that there would be music by Carrie Underwood sung by park entertainers.

• Like 1

I would say they probably heard the announcement for the Country Music show at the Festhaus that mentions that there would be music by Carrie Underwood sung by park entertainers.

yea that might be it to. even though it tells you that it is at the festhause. but then again people can be pretty dumb.

Hmmm...Paramount had interesting things happen in photo booths!

Made the late night talk shows, it did....the lady (if you can call her that) was from Morehead, KY and the gentleman (again, if you can call him that) was from Mt Sterling, KY (or the other way around...I forget...)

Just Googled the article. That's pretty darn funny! It makes me laugh when someone gets "caught with their pants down."[zing] Not very funny to the possible little children sitting outside the booth waiting though. Little Billy will never be the same....

I had to chime in here about this....

I was watching Diamondback construction from the 80's theater and happened to look into the theater and in the front row, was a couple doing the nasty!.......LOL

I called security.

Hmmm...Paramount had interesting things happen in photo booths!

Made the late night talk shows, it did....the lady (if you can call her that) was from Morehead, KY and the gentleman (again, if you can call him that) was from Mt Sterling, KY (or the other way around...I forget...)

Just Googled the article. That's pretty darn funny! It makes me laugh when someone gets "caught with their pants down."[zing] Not very funny to the possible little children sitting outside the booth waiting though. Little Billy will never be the same....

I had to chime in here about this....

I was watching Diamondback construction from the 80's theater and happened to look into the theater and in the front row, was a couple doing the nasty!.......LOL

I called security.

Did they think no one would see them?

They really didn't seem so care. I would have hated to be the tall skinny security guard who had to confront them.....LOL

I hear all the same questions and comments almost everytime I am at the park.

Most of them pertaining to the failure of a ride that actually never happened.

I have 2 that make me cringe when I heard them...

An employee on this past Monday while watching them put the track parts in: "This ride's not that good." Like he's already been on it. He says it is just like MF at Cedar Point.

Since I helped install Diamondback's Mini-Me (the coasterdynamix model) this really makes me mad: "I hope the real ride isn't THAT fast!"

Or if you watch, you will notice that when the coaster trains get to the top of the lift on the model, that it rolls back a bit then goes over the lift: "I hope it doesn't do that!"

I had an arguement with a so called coaster fanatic about which order the track parts will go in for the turn. I pointed out what I thought and he pointed out what he thought. Well, the construction workers seemed to agree with the order I liked. You can tell by the shape of the track and where the track / support connection is located.

OH! the up bend that is laid out between the water brake and the DB train barn: "That's part of the loop!" a kid said.

SORRY FOR SO LONG.

The best 2 things I hear when at the park are:

Today: little (african american) girl had to get out of FOF to be height checked and her head wasn't to the line. Someone waiting behind the loading gates said, "Her bun makes her tall enough." Meaning the hair pulled to the top of her head was above the mark!

NUMBER ONE THING I HEAR EVERYTIME I AM AT THE PARK:

"DO I HAVE TO WEAR THE SEATBELT?"

• Like 2

Actually, if the asker is of a certain age, that one isn't quite as dumb as it at first sounds.

You see, the first place I ever saw seat belts on a coaster was at Cedar Point. And they were optional. Yes, optional. They were there for guest safety and comfort, if the guest was so nervous that they wanted additional security. That lasted about a season or two. And then they were no longer optional.

one day standing in line for Son of Beast:

girl:"the only reason that they took the loop out was because someone died from the transison(sp?) from wood to steel."

boy in line with her:"oh, it all makes sence now!"

i couldn't keep from laughing.

and then one day last week i asked my dad if i could go look and see if i could walk up and see the track to Diamondback that is setting by Firehawk.

then everyone was looking at me like i had no idea what i was talking about.

• Like 1

I've had the same happen to me! Except it was with Rascal Flats. Right after the county line announcment over the PA system this man in a cowboy hat came racing towards me and said, "Did I hear Rascal Flats is perrrformin?". I told him that it wasn't in fact Rascal Flats but some of the parks entertainers singing songs by Rascal Flats. He hung his cowboy hatted head and walked off, probably one of the most sincerly disappointed guests I had encountered.

• Like 3

Actually, if the asker is of a certain age, that one isn't quite as dumb as it at first sounds.

You see, the first place I ever saw seat belts on a coaster was at Cedar Point. And they were optional. Yes, optional. They were there for guest safety and comfort, if the guest was so nervous that they wanted additional security. That lasted about a season or two. And then they were no longer optional.

Absolutely!! Many of us "old timers" rode coasters without seat belts for years.... And loved it.... The belts are a redundant restraint system that are there to protect passengers if the primary restraint fails......

So to answer that question.... You can't ride without the seat belts due to park rules, but if the belts weren't there, it wouldn't make a difference unless there was a major incident.

-One time FOF stopped in the middle of the launch when i was on it (oh, really? B.S.)

-I heard they had to move SOB because of the loop Removal (I'M SURE THEY DID couldn't have been expensive or anything.)

-What if you got stuck on top of a loop? (You idiots)

(Me and my friend call thse people TOURISTS!!!!)

• Like 2

-One time FOF stopped in the middle of the launch when i was on it (oh, really? B.S.)

-I heard they had to move SOB because of the loop Removal (I'M SURE THEY DID couldn't have been expensive or anything.)

no but i have had a rool back on fof. and we ended in the middle of the tunnel. we had to walk back to the station.

no but i have had a rool back on fof. and we ended in the middle of the tunnel. we had to walk back to the station.

Really? It didn't make it through the Cobra Roll? BTW the ppl said it stopped while launching

Sorry bout the double post

Really? It didn't make it through the Cobra Roll? BTW the ppl said it stopped while launching

Sorry bout the double post

yea i know. i was just saying that you can roll backmon FoF. and no. it did part of the roll but then started to go backwords. we were on it after the park closed and the line was pretty long. so it took them bout 2 hours to fix. we got on it again and it worked. we didnt leave till bout 1.30.

Guest TombraiderTy

I too call the average guests "tourists"!

However, it is very well possible for a train to get stuck in an inversion. And if Flight of Fear's power supply fell short during the launch, wouldn't the train lose speed, probably rollback on the cobra roll, and eventually come to a stop?

• Like 1

However, it is very well possible for a train to get stuck in an inversion. And if Flight of Fear's power supply fell short during the launch, wouldn't the train lose speed, probably rollback on the cobra roll, and eventually come to a stop?

I shoulda been more clear when i originally posted. sorry. the people i talk to think the trains on every rollercoaster have a Complete mind of their own and when it breaks down the train just stops no matter where it is. and sometimes I will correct people and tell them as much as I know about rollercoasters. I dont know that much but more than my friends do and i tell my friends and ppl i see (that are interested) how FOF uses a Linear(sp?) Introductory(sp?) motor to launch the trains and Show them to them when we reach the station and show/tell them stuff like that. (i like telling bout FOF the best its so much fun) sorry about not being clear enouf the first time.

• Like 1

I dont know that much but more than my friends do and i tell my friends and ppl i see (that are interested) how FOF uses a Linear(sp?) Introductory(sp?) motor to launch the trains and Show them to them when we reach the station sorry about not being clear enouf the first time.

The spelling is right but the word is wrong. It's Linear Induction Motors.

• Like 1

Me and my friend were in line for Vortex and this little kid is like "where is that really big White Rollercoaster?" We named like Invertigo SOB ect. (knowing they wern't white jst trying to help the poor guy) and then he said no, over by The Beast. Then we we realized he was probably talking about over by SOB so we said "Top Gun? i meen flight deck?" he said "ya i think thats it. how do you get there?" (While holding a map in his hands) but we politely directed him where to go after he took a fun filled ride on The Vortex first ofcourse.

• Like 1

I shoulda been more clear when i originally posted. sorry. the people i talk to think the trains on every rollercoaster have a Complete mind of their own and when it breaks down the train just stops no matter where it is. and sometimes I will correct people and tell them as much as I know about rollercoasters. I dont know that much but more than my friends do and i tell my friends and ppl i see (that are interested) how FOF uses a Linear(sp?) Introductory(sp?) motor to launch the trains and Show them to them when we reach the station and show/tell them stuff like that. (i like telling bout FOF the best its so much fun) sorry about not being clear enouf the first time.

I know what you're talking about. The old, "I hope the power doesn't go out so we get stuck in the loop!" comments.

I know what you're talking about. The old, "I hope the power doesn't go out so we get stuck in the loop!" comments.

THANK YOU SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT. thnx ;)

And sorry bout last post somethin happened w/ my computer