Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Sunday when it started raining, we took shelter in the arcade next to Larosa's in Rivertown. A married couple close to my age was there too and the husband said that he missed the lake. (Ok so far). Then he asked his wife if she remembered the dolphins in the lake. She said the dolphins were in a separate theater.... The ensuing argument was hilarious! My favorite part was when the wife said "Dolphins live in SALT!! water, you (expletive) idiot" Followed by the husband; "They must have put salt in that lake then" And the wife; "Don't ever try to teach our children anything, ok" Very entertaining, to say the least!!!!

• Like 2

Guest TombraiderTy
Sunday when it started raining, we took shelter in the arcade next to Larosa's in Rivertown. A married couple close to my age was there too and the husband said that he missed the lake. (Ok so far). Then he asked his wife if she remembered the dolphins in the lake. She said the dolphins were in a separate theater.... The ensuing argument was hilarious! My favorite part was when the wife said "Dolphins live in SALT!! water, you (expletive) idiot" Followed by the husband; "They must have put salt in that lake then" And the wife; "Don't ever try to teach our children anything, ok" Very entertaining, to say the least!!!!

:lol: He really shouldn't try to teach his kids anything about Kings Island.

Was at the park last week. A lady and her kids in front of Thirll Seekers store on I.S. looking at the Coaster Dynamix model in the window. "Which one is that, mommy?", "Oh, that's the new one, the Saddleback!" Cracked me up!

She got the name and the coaster wrong... wow.

I too call the average guests "tourists"!

However, it is very well possible for a train to get stuck in an inversion. And if Flight of Fear's power supply fell short during the launch, wouldn't the train lose speed, probably rollback on the cobra roll, and eventually come to a stop?

idk exactly what happened. but it was pretty cool :P

Today at School:

Kid: Haven't you worn that Diamondback shirt a billion times?

Me: Only Twice.

Kid: Well you really love Diamondback

Me: Yea, I do. I'll wait 5 hours for it!

Kid: But isn't it only 3 minutes long?

Me: Yea, so?

Kid: So why would you even wait half an hour for a 3 minute ride?

:lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today at School:

Kid: Haven't you worn that Diamondback shirt a billion times?

Me: Only Twice.

Kid: Well you really love Diamondback

Me: Yea, I do. I'll wait 5 hours for it!

Kid: But isn't it only 3 minutes long?

Me: Yea, so?

Kid: So why would you even wait half an hour for a 3 minute ride?

:lol::lol:

There are those in this world who will never understand us.

• Like 1

I was at work about three weeks ago, and my assistant manager and I were talking excitedly about Diamondback.

This girl at the next register loudly says (and these were her exact words):

"It doesn't go upside down. I won't ride it. If it isn't as fast as Top Thrill Dragster and it doesn't have loops, it isn't worth riding."

I politely informed her that coasters with that kind of height and speed don't have loops because it will cause too much stress on the track, and she looked at me like I was stupid for a few seconds before she left.

I rolled my eyes and muttered something not so nice after the woman left, and my assistant manager's reply was "Wow, you are really taking this personally." It wasn't until she said that, that I realized that my face felt a little hot. I guess I was more offended than I realized.

I have enough stupid people come into my work without them arguing with me about coasters. :angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today in School:

Kid to Me: I AM READY FOR Halloween Haunt SO I CAN GET ON Diamondback!

Me: It doesn't open until 2009, dude.

Kid: Uh... no. I checked the webcam and it was complete.

Me: What?

Kid: Yeah dude, you need to stick with the program, it opens next week.

Me: WTF?

• Like 2

Today in School:

I don't even know what to say. Why in the world would he think that incomplete track and track laying on the ground meant it was finished?

• Like 1

One time when i was in KI's parking lot walking towards the entrance i saw someone point to Invertigo and say "look thats the new coaster the Firehawk!"

Remember when we were on our way home from Enzo's Pizza and your mom was trying to tell us KI had a ride that crashed and they re-used it as a roller coaster and it just opened last Monday!? That was hilarious! And she said we didn't know anything about Kings Island! :lol:

I'm almost 40 and I'm the only single person where I work.... When people find pout that I'm a coaster fan, I get teased a LOT!!! Yesterday I was tlaking to a lawyer about his first trip to KI in years, when I told him I had ridden 33 coasters this season, he said, laughingly, "You need a girlfriend."

Sounds like where I work. I took off a half day twice last month to go to KI and on the second time my manager said, "Aren't you a little old to ride those things?" I am 45 and she is only a couple years older than me.

Guest TombraiderTy
Kid at School after I explain Diamondback: "So it's going to be like The Racer But Bigger?"

Well it sorta will be... just steel... and bigger... plus it won't race.

Today in School:

Eh, just let him go to HH and enjoy his disappointment and confusion :P

I also get known as the "Kings Island Kid" a lot at my school, so once it starts, whenever someone says anything about Diamondback, I'll politely reply and tell them that Kings Island is getting a Ferris Wheel.

One of the last times I went to CP, as Wicked Twister was coming back into the station, the girl in front of me said "I think I just pooped my pants."

I also heard someone on TTD's train yell "MOMMY!!!!!!" right before it launched.

That could have quite possibly been me! Uh...the second thing, not the first! :D

I think it is hilarious when people start freaking out about their lap bars. Either when they are getting on the ride and freak out because they aren't latching yet or when they are getting off the ride and have no concept of 'push down,then pull up'. Sometimes I wonder why the ride ops even waste their breathe! :blink:

~Ash

We went to KI last Sunday and took part in the former associate reunion. While in line for the last ride on Beast which was a perk of the reunion, I heard this from a former park employee: "The first confirmed death at the park was a woman on the Smurf ride." He went on to say something about her trying to exit the boat and getting caught between the boats or between the boat and the side and getting crushed to death. I tuned out after his initial statement so I don't know exactly what was said after that.

• Like 1

In math class at school my group had an big disscusion about how The Vortex is (not)sinking.We wernt paying attention but,I brought up The Vortex and hes says its sinking.He says the "Vortex is sinking,everytime it rains,it sinks about an inch."I said,"If that really happend it'd be in hell by now"lol.He says his dads the maintence worker their.

• Like 3

Guest TombraiderTy

^No, he's right. They just use a large crane to life it back out an inch after it rains.

I was passing by Diamondback's construction with my friend when I heard her say this: "Why are they taking down that roller coaster!?"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On Magnum going up the second hill... I always here someone say.. "Look at the ocean!" or "Look how pretty the ocean is."

I hate when people argue with you about something, specially when and after they find out you visit the park at least 3 to 4 times a week!

The Scorpion model in Thrill Seakers is a model of Invertigo, you guys didn't know that? OR people say as they are walking past.. "they are building that one too..." or " Which one is that?"

• Like 2

I too call the average guests "tourists"!

However, it is very well possible for a train to get stuck in an inversion. And if Flight of Fear's power supply fell short during the launch, wouldn't the train lose speed, probably rollback on the cobra roll, and eventually come to a stop?

If the train aborts the launch the LIM motors stop, and the train rolls to a stops in the launch brakes before it gets to the cobra roll (there is a set of brakes just before the cobra roll). Then the fun part comes where you have to push the train back to the station! <_<

O and I have had a guest ask, "Do you work here?" I have my uniform on and a name tag. :rolleyes:

Guest TombraiderTy

I got in an argument with my friend today on how steep the drop for Mystery Mine is. He said it was above 100-degrees and I said it was in the 90's. It's very interesting how a person holds their opinion so strongly.

• Like 1

I got in an argument with my friend today on how steep the drop for Mystery Mine is. He said it was above 100-degrees and I said it was in the 90's. It's very interesting how a person holds their opinion so strongly.

Mystery Mine's Drop is 95*, I believe the only one with a 100*+ Drop is Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach.

I don't know why people hold opinions strong like that, most of the time when it comes to roller coasters no one questions me; the unofficial genius.

• Like 1