Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Well I don't like when people get something wrond and no one cares to correct them, but I don't like when people act like a smart allec to correct them.

When a "GP" person get's something wrong I usually politly correct them, but most of the time they say I'm wrond and snort in my face.

The Vortex is not in the Building!

• 4 weeks later...

Heard a KI conversation today at school. I had to bite my tounge.

They're still amazed at SOB's loop removal. Who doesn't know of this by now?!

They're still calling it Top Gun

They're amazed at the Paramount removal

I hated it. I had to pull myself back and not say anything.

The darndest thing?

"Why'd they get rid of the loop."

"Someone told me that when it was going down the hill, it just stopped and the people's necks went..." -pulls neck-

How in the WORLD will the train just STOP going down SOB's first hill?!

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me in school a few days ago. It was between a student and a teacher so I had to really restrain my self from saying something. He said that they were renaming Delirium to be Delirious. And then something about FoF launching you out 100.6 mph in 3 seconds.

• Like 2

I work in the kennel most of the time and I have guests come in thinking that we have dogs on display for them to view. I just say no, we have the kennel so that they might bring their pets and have a place to keep them while they are at the park. So keep this in mind when you come to the park. Why keep them home by themselves and let them tear things up.

• Like 3

Same thing happened to me in school a few days ago. It was between a student and a teacher so I had to really restrain my self from saying something. He said that they were renaming Delirium to be Delirious. And then something about FoF launching you out 100.6 mph in 3 seconds.

:lol: The first one sounds almost believable. The second one sounds more like an aircraft carrier (give or take 80 mph).

I swear to god I had this exact conversation this weekend:

On the Crypt, before it started running:

Guy 1: It was so much better when it was the Tomb Raider

Guy 2: Yea Totally

Guy 1: It used to have rocks and stuff at the bottom but they removed it when someone fell out and died

Me: No one ever died on this

Guy 1: (In normal GP "I know everything" Voice) Yea, they did

Me: No, no one has ever died on this

Guy 1: Well someone fell out

Me: No, no one has ever fallen out. You feel these croch killers? No one has ever fallen out

Guy 1: Right, now your going to tell me that the Son of Beast never hurt anyone

Me: No, it's hurt people

Guy 1: Yea, on the loop when it got stuck and every fell out

Me: (Getting Aggrivated Now) No, the loop was never the problem

Guy 1: Then How did the people die? Huh?

Me: No one ever died! There was a broken timber in the rose bowl that Injured 27 people, only 2 addmited to the hospital, both released the same day.

Guy 1: Right.....

Guy 1 to Guy 2: You hear this kid?

Guy 2: Yea he thinks he's such a know it all. Don't you hate those people?

Guy 1: Yea, I actually watch the news.

• Like 4

Sounds reasonable for people who don't know any better!

Better then confidently telling people that Kingda' Ka is going to be painted yellow and moved to Holiday World for $11 million

One of the last times at KI, someone was trying to convince me that S:ROS was 100 feet taller than MF and had a straight 90 degree drop, therefore it's faster. :rolleyes:

I love the wide-eyed looks on first time riders' faces when the ride ops in the Maverick station inform the riders that they are going to be dropping "95 DEGREES! STEEPER THAN STRAIGHT DOWN!"

Sounds reasonable for people who don't know any better!

Better then confidently telling people that Kingda' Ka is going to be painted yellow and moved to Holiday World for $11 million

One of the last times at KI, someone was trying to convince me that S:ROS was 100 feet taller than MF and had a straight 90 degree drop, therefore it's faster. :rolleyes:

I love the wide-eyed looks on first time riders' faces when the ride ops in the Maverick station inform the riders that they are going to be dropping "95 DEGREES! STEEPER THAN STRAIGHT DOWN!"

That first one is at least close....

It doesnt bother me when people call rides by their old names because i catch myself doing it most times. I love it when i see people looking at the map and poining at something. It feels good to be a living park map of Kings Island.

• Like 2

Guest TombraiderTy

In line for CornSTALKERS, a person behind me was talking to his partner and saying how he thought Face/Off was too rough. Then a few minutes later, when he noticed the sign saying "Invertigo", he said: "Oh, I thought that was Face/Off, nevermind." I had to correct him there, but I usually just let people get their facts wrong if I don't know them.

• Like 1

I have almost said Face/Off a few times instead of Invertigo.

I love being a living park map too. I'll be in line in front of or behind first timers with a map fully opened, and they're thinking out loud about what to ride, how to get there, and they are completely lost.

I can't help but jump in and politely help them out. I'll direct them to the rides they want to go to, ask them if they are thrillseekers or not, and then give them a good rundown of which rides to go on based on their response.

• Like 2

I have almost said Face/Off a few times instead of Invertigo.

I love being a living park map too. I'll be in line in front of or behind first timers with a map fully opened, and they're thinking out loud about what to ride, how to get there, and they are completely lost.

I can't help but jump in and politely help them out. I'll direct them to the rides they want to go to, ask them if they are thrillseekers or not, and then give them a good rundown of which rides to go on based on their response.

I am more than willing to do that too, but my kids always jump in and do it for me.... Sometimes they have an "evil" streak though... At Tomstone Terrortory they told another (older) kid that the train came back empty because the monsters got everybody...." And I won't go into what they did to some poor kid in line for SoB......

• Like 1

And I won't go into what they did to some poor kid in line for SoB......

Haha.. I can be so mean.

The kids behind me in line for Wicked Twister were getting REALLY annoying (yelling, jumping, practically body slamming me every minute).. so after the train came back down from the second backwards launch, I looked up at the spiral and loudly said "Wow, look at that thing swaying in the wind!" The looks on their face were priceless (It really does wobble though. Watch sometime).

Stand behind Dragster and look at the curved part of the track below the twist, after the train hits the brake run. Look closely.. the track sways like a clothesline. :o

• Like 1