Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

COme on tell us you have to now!

OK.... There was this kid, about 12 years old scared to death of riding SoB for the first time.... The script went like this (after I saw my kids whispering to each other and kind of laughing and nodding):

My 8 year old: There's nothing to be afraid of, I've ridden this lot's of times.

My 9 year old: Except the height...

My 8 year old: And the speed...

My 9 year old: And it crashed 2 years ago and a bunch of people get hurt....

ME: Both of you shut up, I know what you're doing and I don't like it!!!

Them: (laughing)

ME: If you two keep this up, somebody is going to kick your a__ someday, and I won't blame them a bit!!!

That's the story.

• Like 3

OK.... There was this kid, about 12 years old scared to death of riding SoB for the first time.... The script went like this (after I saw my kids whispering to each other and kind of laughing and nodding):

My 8 year old: There's nothing to be afraid of, I've ridden this lot's of times.

ME: If you two keep this up, somebody is going to kick your a__ someday, and I won't blame them a bit!!!

That's the story.

I like your kids already! :)

My kind of people, they are.

Terpy, who has oft complained to guests in line how Cedar Fair never runs the second train on Invertigo, while Paramount Parks would have put it on by now!

• Like 3

I heard some great comments about the amazingly thick smattering of bird poo on the Face/Off train.

"Is that paint?"

I have never in my life seen more bird poo on a coaster than the Raptor at CP. It looks like someone poured random buckets of white paint all over the supports.

You should see the buildings in Cleveland..... Gulls and pigeons are quite messy.....

That's the story.

I like your kids already! :)

My kind of people, they are.

Terpy, who has oft complained to guests in line how Cedar Fair never runs the second train on Invertigo, while Paramount Parks would have put it on by now!

I had a feeling you would like that.... :) (I was laughing on the inside, but had to stop them. I'm sure you know why)

I heard some great comments about the amazingly thick smattering of bird poo on the Face/Off train.

"Is that paint?"

I have never in my life seen more bird poo on a coaster than the Raptor at CP. It looks like someone poured random buckets of white paint all over the supports.

This was on the train. I should have gotten a picture. Raptor's supports are awful, though. It's like a certain bird of prey invited all their bird friends for a party.

When I was at KI, Diamondback was under construction but hadn't been announced yet. On the Eiffel Tower, I heard multiple hushed conversations about what the name would be. "Daughter/Uncle/Aunt of Beast", "Wrangler", "Maverick"...

• Like 1

BavarianBeatle: I love your kids, they're role models for trouble makers everywhere. :D

Terpy: That's the one thing I don't like Cedar Fair for. I tell people sometimes when I'm in a good mood that "Face/Off's" Second train is sitting in "That grey building over there" (Club Blood)

You'd be surprised how many believe it.

How about people telling others that if Top Thrill Dragster doesn't make it to the top it will crash into the station?

It is hilarious what coaster n00bs will believe, isn't it?

That hiss you hear as the train nears the hill is the noise from the magnetic brake fins popping back up on the launch part of the track, so that the train slowly and safely returns to the loading station in the event of a rollback, and I'm pretty sure I just quoted the signs in the queue.

I won't ride something if I don't feel safe on it, and I have been on TTD more times than I can count.

Welcome, indeed...and that was a typo, FOFreak...Note that Top_gun_rider_2011 spelled it correctly when it was used the second time in that first post. Also, if you want to play that game, you didn't capitalize the first letter of Top_gun_rider_2011's user name! :)

Also, in your first sentence, in the United States, as opposed to Great Britain, the period should be inside the quotation marks, which should be double quote marks, not single ones, AND there should be an apostrophe in the contraction for "It is," as in:

It's spelled "Diamondback."

Further, over in this thread:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=249313

You say:

All should probably be working except Congo Falls, Wild Thornberrys Ride, and the White River Rapids.

The park has no ride called White River Rapids. Of the three words you used, only one is correct:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...l.cfm?ai_id=148

And there is no ride called "Wild Thornberrys Ride,":

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...l.cfm?ai_id=147

People who live in glass houses...&c.

• Like 2

at Halloween Haunt on the 17th:

"i always am uneasy when i ride a new ride at Kings Island, due to all of the deaths asociated with the rides that are already there." then he started talking about all of the people that "died" on The Bat

this next guy wasn't joking when he said this

"Diamondback will feature an element that so far only it has used"

"really what is it the spashdown?"

" no the ability to jump from one section of the track to another."

• Like 2

Who cares anyway? You die, you die! Your gonna go anyway!

There's a natural fear of dying. It's no one's choice to be afraid, they just are. Same thing that makes babies naturally hold their breath when they go underwater.

Some say it's because you don't know for sure what lies on the other side. Heck, I'm kinda afraid of it! But some people who have by medical terms technically passed and died have actually come back; getting a heart to beat after it's stopped, and getting the brain to function after it's shut down, and most who have come back say it's nothing to be afraid of.

But, I digress. Let us continue with the always fun quotes of the non-enthusiasts.

On with the Show!
  • Like 1