Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I might have posted this before but.... A few months ago while in line for SOB two college guys said

Guy 1: Look at the roller coaster sway!

Guy 2: Wow, it looks like it's about to tip over

Guy 1: Especially when the train comes by

Me: it's supposed to move like that, if the supports just stood 100% still when a train passes that wouldn't be normal...

Guy 1: No... didn't you hear about when all the people died on this a few years ago?

Me: No one has ever died on SOB, only got minor injuries

Guy 2: Uh Uh, i saw on the news that it was in the middle of the ride and going to fast, then all the wood fell and the train flew off the track and killed about 45 people...

I kept trying to correct him and tell him what really happened but he wouldn't believe me.

• Like 2

I also cannot stand it when people say someone died on Drop Tower. The sad thing is they refuse to be corrected.

That one makes a bit more sense, though, because someone died on a ride that has the same name at California's Great America.

That was Drop Zone this is Drop Tower. I see where you're coming from though.

I could fall asleep on almost any coaster as long as i was tired.

I've been so tired that I yawned while waiting for the launch on TTD.

I sure woke up in a hurry, though. ;)

Honestly i could easily fall asleep on any of the Superman: Ultimate Flight Clones. They are comfortable, smooth, the ride isn't very thrilling, and pretty much forceless besides the pretzel loop.

I have one that actually made me laugh hysterically in line for The Racer.

Person 1: Why did the backwards Racer get turned around this year.

Person 2 (not with person 1, but in line in front of them): Oh man, someone got whiplash bad and sued the park last year, they had to turn the train back around.

Person 1: WOW, I don't think I am going to ride this now.

My dad and I just started laughing.

• Like 1

I might have posted this before but.... A few months ago while in line for SOB two college guys said

Guy 1: Look at the roller coaster sway!

Guy 2: Wow, it looks like it's about to tip over

Guy 1: Especially when the train comes by

Me: it's supposed to move like that, if the supports just stood 100% still when a train passes that wouldn't be normal...

Guy 1: No... didn't you hear about when all the people died on this a few years ago?

Me: No one has ever died on SOB, only got minor injuries

Guy 2: Uh Uh, i saw on the news that it was in the middle of the ride and going to fast, then all the wood fell and the train flew off the track and killed about 45 people...

I kept trying to correct him and tell him what really happened but he wouldn't believe me.

wow, i think the funniest thing about this is that the most a train has ever held on Son of Beast is thirty six, and are there any trains that hold more than that?

• Like 2

I was on the train passing Boomerang Bay and this lady in front of me with a park map opens says

Her: "Wheres Boomerang Bay"

Me: I point on the map and outside the train

Her: "But why is this Hallo-fest logo covering it"

Me: "Because Boomerang Bay is closed"

Her: "Why?"

Me: " Well you see its a water park with watersides and its fall"

Her: "oh"

Then she asked me again where is the ride with the blue scary people :lol:

• Like 2

I worked in the Emporium during off season (big store on International Street), and at least once a week, I got "Where's the Eiffel Tower?" .... Umm .. walk outside, look up. Can't miss it.

I have no idea where the whole "they took out The Bat because it killed a bunch of people" got started, but I've heard that for as long as I can remember.

Two pre-teen boys in line for The Beast: "Wow, this ride was built in 1978 (reading from a sign)." "Yeah, they're takingit out next year because it's illegal to have rides that are over 30 years old."

I worked in the Emporium during off season (big store on International Street), and at least once a week, I got "Where's the Eiffel Tower?" .... Umm .. walk outside, look up. Can't miss it.

Seriously? :blink::lol:

Now that I think of it, someone at CP asked me if Maverick went upside down.. and they were looking right at the track.

Some people shouldn't be allowed outside.

On friday some guys in line for sonny said this ride is worth the trip from hawaii.I just love that loop.

I wanted to tell them last week an other theme park came in the middle of the night and stole it.The police still have had no luck locating it.But the last train of the night was there.I only hope they were kidding.

I still get a laugh or two on The Beast when riding with my friends.I always act like it is my first ride and i had been tricked into riding it.I hope this thing dont go to fast.It's only 30 feet tall right?RIGHT?

OH MY GOD MOMMY.They said it was a kiddie ride.I still here the people in line yelling SUCKER.

• Like 2

An unbelievably powerful and fast launch...an exhilarating thrill at the top, a quick spiral downwards, a HUGE rush of air (that's been going on the entire time but that you probably just noticed), rolling into station thinking one or more of the following..."Wow, I just did that!," "Wow, what a ride!," "Is that all there is?" "It's over already?" "I waited how long for that?" "I want to do it again" and "Wow." all at the same time. And, to be honest, for a few: "Never, ever again."

Only you will experience what you do. Do it!

Top Thrill Dragster is very much a one trick pony, but what a trick!

And Cedar Point is a park you simply must get to, whenever you can. It's an incredible place.

• Like 1