Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

I took my 8 year old nephew to howl-o-fest and I hear all kinds of crap talk like I heard a father tell his kids that scooby-doo and the haunted castle was a scary roller coaster!...wow dontcha think you should ride it first before you lie to your kids!?! then I heard a couple of punk teenagers at Halloween Haunt telling people that The Racer has a loop. <_<:rolleyes:

The Freaks really do come out at night!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question from Tuesday while walking to my engineering class:

"Hey Jordan"

"What?"

"Diamondback's got 7 inversions right?"

"Phbbbt."

"What? I read it on the website."

"Your lack of information is something I can't describe. What website did you read that from?"

"KICentral.com"

"-long pause- Wow."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today my dad, brother and I were looking at pictures of Shiekra on rcdb.com and when we came up on this picture before my brother and I got a good look my dad said "what, do they put helmets on the people before they ride or something." My brother and I said "WHAT" at the exact same time. Then we got a better look at the picture and there were water test dummies in the train. It was FUNNY. LOL :lol:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=59

• Like 1

In the grand scheme of things in most newsrooms, amusement park industry stories are seen as light hearted feature stories, except when there is an accident, then "if it bleeds, it leads." Like many employers, media companies have laid off many, many people and staffing is not what it once was. Quite frankly, little importance is given to park stories that do not involve death or injury, and quite often items are merely rehashed press releases, if that. Usually, the source would be better off if the press release were NOT re-written. More and more, this is exactly the case.

i just say if its not worth telling the story with proper facts and visual aids then maybe they shouldn't tell the story at all. i mean anyone who really cares already knows anyways. gah, i just have a lot of issues with the news. especially around here they are just really bad at delivering the news and a good chunk of the time its poorly reported news.

Surely it is not your contention they get nothing right? They do get some of their facts straight....in fact, nearly all of them. Exaggeration is not a way to make a case,. here or anywhere else. They also use proper punctuation and capitalization. Surely it isn't that hard to do that? And the TOS here require it...