Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

While waiting in line for Firehawk we heard some guy with an A.C.E shirt on say he waited in line for Diamondback for 9 hours. It had just turned 4 O'clock. He was having a very loud conversation with his wife on his cell phone about it. I don't know if he was trying to make people not want to ride or what. He kept spurting out random incorrect facts about it though.

• Like 1

while i was in line for Diamondback, some guy told his family he talked to someone in the park who said that gold passes now get you into Cedar Point. i then explained that they would not and that thats what they have platinum passes for but he was adamant. they were even planning a trip up there, i felt sorry cause not only would they have to buy tickets, but they couldn't even just upgrade to platinum because you have to do that at your home park. ugh...

• Like 1

While waiting in line for Firehawk we heard some guy with an A.C.E shirt on say he waited in line for Diamondback for 9 hours. It had just turned 4 O'clock. He was having a very loud conversation with his wife on his cell phone about it. I don't know if he was trying to make people not want to ride or what. He kept spurting out random incorrect facts about it though.

that sonds about as annoying as those people on the coaster telling you what happens next like on the travel channel. i only want to watch those specials for the rides not some blabbermouth on the ride. lol

• Like 1

and yet you never see one that says"f&@% where did that come from?" :lol::P

believe me, that word you are talking about.... I said it plenty of times when I was on DB. YIKES... But it was fun, the ride that is... I am just now getting my voice back from Saturday...LOL

Opening day gems:

"Hey, honey, it's Diamondback! *points to Invertigo*"

"I waited TWELVE HOURS for Diamond Head!" (I wouldn't wait twelve hours for a waterslide at Worlds of Fun!)

"But... but... The Beast was closed all day!" --This kid at my school who thinks he knows EVERYTHING about KI. He seemed shocked when I told him that I rode it right after riding Diamondback.

"Someone died on Son of Beast on Saturday."

"The Crypt didn't lose a row!"

• Like 1

While Kat and I were in line for Delirium, these two maybe 10 year old boys behind us were arguing whether or not someone had died on it. One kid proclaimed that one of the harnesses popped open and someone flew out and died. Then the one said something about how cool it would be if you flew out and landed on an open seat on Diamondback. They started giggling and joking about how someone would die on Swipers Sweepers. It was all I could do to stop from cracking up at that one.

• Like 1

Topic: Diamondback stopping at the top of the lift hill this weekend..

Where: Class Room

"OH! I heard about Diamondback stopping at the very top because some kid fell out but was fine because he landed in the net below"..

:rolleyes:

These things are just getting more and more rediculous as time goes on...

By the way, did anyone hear about that guy who died when he fell out of the train at the top of the lift hill on Little Bill's Giggle Coaster?

• Like 1

Random kid in line for Diamondback on opening day:

"I heard this ride goes upside down more times than The Vortex!"

"This coaster doesn't have any loops. Do you see see any out there?"

Kid: "Yeah huh, they took some off The Vortex JUST for this ride!"

:rolleyes:

I just thought, "really? Arrow loops on a B&M?" People are just so dumb sometimes. I mean, The Vortex is pretty close to Diamondback, can't he see?

• Like 1

This is what I heard while sitting in Coney Mall. This conversation was between a guy and (i'm guessing) his daughter.

Guy: Let's go ride The Spider

Girl: It says it's called The Monster!

Guy: Well it used to be called the spider, but they renamed it!

Girl: okay.

:blink:

• Like 1

One of my friends told me that his friend said they modeled Diamondback after Millennium Force, Diamondback is just a smaller scale and they basically do the same thing.

Grrrrrrr

THIS is one of my biggest pet pevs! Especally when they are VERY wrong!

• Like 2

My Teacher when talking to me about Diamondback: "And, this was the one that ran as uhm, Millennium Falcon, at Cedar Point right?"

giggle.

That reminds me, My Spanish Teacher was telling me about Raging Bull and she said you drop straight down into a tunnel and than stop, the tunnel gets thinner than at the last second you get launched into a loop... :huh:

Don't remember that happening when I was on Raging Bull last July...

while in line for season pass processing:

kid one: didn't Son of Beast have it's loop removed?

kid two: yeah

kid one: why did it?

kid three: because one day a train didn't get threw the loop so they sent out the other five trains to try and bump it loose.

while in line for Son of Beast:

guy one: doesn't the son of The Beast have a loop?

guy two: no it's impossible to have a loop on a wooden roller coaster.

both of these are from the 25th

• Like 1