Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

At the end of a night ride on SoB on opening day, a guy in the car ahead of me said "Wow, I couldn't feel the loop at all". His ride partner replied "Neither did I. Did they take it out?" My first thought was that it was two of y'all just trying to see if I or someone else would post it here.

• Like 2

Dynamite could have worked as a cool name, too now that I think about it.

You board a train of dynamite, the last train to go out and clear a path in the woods for...well, that's about all I got right now. But there'd be fire, and tunnels, and ...yeah. That'd be cool.

On Saturday, I had a Viking Furry ride op try to tell me that Diamondback cost a billion dollers. I was like wow. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'll take billion-dollar version of Diamondback! That would be 45.454 times bigger, making it either 45 miles long, 2 hours and 27 minutes long, and/or 10,454 feet tall or something! :lol:

• Like 1

On Saturday, I had a Viking Furry ride op try to tell me that Diamondback cost a billion dollers. I was like wow. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'll take billion-dollar version of Diamondback! That would be 45.454 times bigger, making it either 45 miles long, 2 hours and 27 minutes long, and/or 10,454 feet tall or something! :lol:

How fast would it be? :lol:

Wheres The Eiffel Tower.... Stupid People Standing By The Viking Fury...

Are you seriously THAT stupid?!

Maybe they can spell Eiffel though! :)

oy they ask that everywhere....i work there....and i often get 'is this the Eiffel Tower?' and i want so badly to say 'no this is Drop Tower.'

but i got a couple new ones....

in Eiffel Tower elevator after loading at the top: "is this gonna drop?" (oh tower of terror.....how i hate you....)

at grand carousel: "where's the scrambler/monster?" (for those clueless, scrambler is right next to us and monster is right across the path from scrambler.

at nick height check station, a brightly colored wall with measurements listed for each color, a fellow associate wearing the height band apron was asked: "where do i get my kids measured?"

What kills me is when the ride ops announce loud and clear that they have just unlocked the restraints on purpose (while still in the loading station or before the restraint checking process), and people start freaking out thinking that the ride has malfunctioned.

or the ones who think the ops will leave them unlocked since they did it on purpose....yes i have heard people freak out 'you're gonna put em back down though right???'

One time when i was in KI's parking lot walking towards the entrance i saw someone point to Invertigo and say "look thats the new coaster the Firehawk!"

could be worse. i overheard a guy on top of the Eiffel Tower talking like they're pros about The Beast being the longest wooden coaster in the world and it used to be the tallest and fastest yadda yadda a million facts and uses of the words "wood" "wooden" etc. then say "yeah its that big blue and orange one over there" (-_- ARE U (expletive) KIDDING ME???)

Sunday when it started raining, we took shelter in the arcade next to Larosa's in Rivertown. A married couple close to my age was there too and the husband said that he missed the lake. (Ok so far). Then he asked his wife if she remembered the dolphins in the lake. She said the dolphins were in a separate theater.... The ensuing argument was hilarious! My favorite part was when the wife said "Dolphins live in SALT!! water, you (expletive) idiot" Followed by the husband; "They must have put salt in that lake then" And the wife; "Don't ever try to teach our children anything, ok" Very entertaining, to say the least!!!!

ha i woulda died laughin

Today at School:

Kid: Haven't you worn that Diamondback shirt a billion times?

Me: Only Twice.

Kid: Well you really love Diamondback

Me: Yea, I do. I'll wait 5 hours for it!

Kid: But isn't it only 3 minutes long?

Me: Yea, so?

Kid: So why would you even wait half an hour for a 3 minute ride?

:lol::lol:

There are those in this world who will never understand us.

amen

Today in School:

Kid to Me: I AM READY FOR Halloween Haunt SO I CAN GET ON Diamondback!

Me: It doesn't open until 2009, dude.

Kid: Uh... no. I checked the webcam and it was complete.

Me: What?

Kid: Yeah dude, you need to stick with the program, it opens next week.

Me: WTF?

oh yeah. i got a lot of people pre-DB announcement saying the ride was supposed to open 'next week' (or whenever the announcement date was from when they said it.....some just always said 'next week' or 'tomorrow'...yeah, got a lot of 'tomorrow').....asking where it was etc....once the initial 'are you kidding me' blank stare from shock wore off, i usually bit my tongue and pointed to the cleared area and 'cement pond'.....if i didnt bite my tongue i think i would have gotten fired for my response lol

One of the last times I went to CP, as Wicked Twister was coming back into the station, the girl in front of me said "I think I just pooped my pants."

I also heard someone on TTD's train yell "MOMMY!!!!!!" right before it launched.

That could have quite possibly been me! Uh...the second thing, not the first! :D

I think it is hilarious when people start freaking out about their lap bars. Either when they are getting on the ride and freak out because they aren't latching yet or when they are getting off the ride and have no concept of 'push down,then pull up'. Sometimes I wonder why the ride ops even waste their breathe! :blink:

~Ash

at the end of Vortex "I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN VIOLATED!" i couldnt stop laughing.

and yes i too wonder. i think that is one reason the Eiffel Tower speech is no longer required as far as i know...'spiel...spiel...really long loud detailed spiel......any questions about the tower, the park, or any of the rides?' "yeah how tall is it?/yeah, are we able to get out at the top?/yeah, is it as tall as the original" i could go on..... and those are the guests who are looking right at the employee the whole time.

Terminal Velocitaaaaaaaah! (I don't know how it would apply on a coaster, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 MPH?) ...but with $1B, I'm sure they could afford to get creative with some linear induction motors...

Terminal Velocitaaaaaaaah! (I don't know how it would apply on a coaster, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 MPH?) ...but with $1B, I'm sure they could afford to get creative with some linear induction motors...

Now that would be nice. B)

Guests may say the darndest things, but employees say some pretty good ones too. There's a kid I know who works at the park, who was SURE that The Beast wasn't open on Opening Day, and that it wouldn't be included in the ERT, because "a bunch of the crew quit".

• Like 1