Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Yesterday in line for SOB some I overhead some girl asking "Are we in Ohio?"

You should have said, " Yes, but this ride is so big that it travels underground through KY, and IN!!!!

It's the only coaster to travel through 3 states!!!! Thats why it's in the Guiness Book!!!"

You should have said CA and MA. thats 3 states right there. not to mention the part of the ride where it goes to St. Petersburg. Thats not a state though

Yesterday in line for SOB some I overhead some girl asking "Are we in Ohio?"

You should have said, " Yes, but this ride is so big that it travels underground through KY, and IN!!!!

It's the only coaster to travel through 3 states!!!! Thats why it's in the Guiness Book!!!"

You should have said CA and MA. thats 3 states right there. not to mention the part of the ride where it goes to St. Petersburg. Thats not a state though

California and Massachusetts? That'd be SOME ride!

While in line for The Beast, a kid asked his dad why there were so many pennies laying on top of the water spout thingy. The father told his son that they usually have a water fountain going there, and people toss their pennies into it.

• Like 1

On Friday my girlfriend and I were riding FoF and as we hit the final bunny hop she exclaimed, "OMG they put the last loop back in!" I gave her the weirdest look. I tried to convince her that they never took the corkscrew out last year and she didn't believe me, telling me to ask KIC about it... :rolleyes: If she sees this I'm dead...

• Like 1

Next time someone thinks that my first rider t-shirt means that I was, quite literally, the first ever rider (as if there were shirts that said "SECOND RIDER", "THIRD RIDER", and so on), I'm going to slap them.

A couple people asked me at school if I was the first rider. I told them no and they said ok. I mean they weren't idiotic and think there would be shirts saying first, second...

Also, someone who works at the park told me there would only be 500 first rider shirts on Friday, April 17, the day before The Day. I was going to argue with her but someone else said she worked at the park, so I dropped it (I already knew she did). Then on Monday 20th, I asked her about it and she said she was wrong. But, she isn't stupid and she is quite nice.

• Like 1

On Saturday right after we got off the train, I was standing there taking some DB shots with my cell phone (I'd accidentally left the memory card for my digital camera at home and didn't feel like leaving the park to hit Kroger or Wal-Mart for a new one). A random guest walks by, sounding like he knows everything there is to know and explains that if we want to get some good pics of "the Firehawk", we should go further down in Rivertown to where the final hill is, and that it shoots up a huge rooster tail of water (as if we didn't already know that...).

• 2 weeks later...

A few more funny things I heard today:

While standing in line for Drop Zone, I heard a kid talking to his friend:

"I can't believe we've been here for 3 1/2 hours and the only thing we've ridden is Spongebob 3D!"

Same kid, while talking to his friend about Firehawk: "It's like 30-40 miles an hour slower than Diamondback". This kid also said he thought Firehawk was way better than Diamondback...

• Like 1

While in line for The Beast, a kid asked his dad why there were so many pennies laying on top of the water spout thingy. The father told his son that they usually have a water fountain going there, and people toss their pennies into it.

At one point, there used to be a 'pond' like thing after the train leaves the station and goes around the curves to get to the lift hill. I saw a picture of it, I'll be lookin for it and post it once I find it.

In line for the Carousel I heard

"Daddy, what's the swine flu."

"I'm not going to explain it now, here have some hand sanitizer."

haha kids are getting to caught up over things these days....

I agree...gotta love what parents feed their children. *Cough* 'Oh no little Billy, hurry up go wash your hands, if not you could get swine flu!' People get way too excited over that stuff

A few more funny things I heard today:

Same kid, while talking to his friend about Firehawk: "It's like 30-40 miles an hour slower than Diamondback".

Firehawk goes 51 miles per hour, Diamondback goes 80 miles per hour. So, really, he was correct.

I didn't realize Firehawk was that slow. I thought it was closer to 60 or 65. Thanks for the correction though.

Which proves one of my favorite points. Speed is not everything. Height is not everything. Records are not everything. Size is not everything. See Cyclops, Cornball Express, High Speed Thrill Coaster, Avalanche at Timber Falls Adventure Golf, Space Mountain...or, parkwise, Stricker's Grove, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Knoebel's Amusement Resort, etc.

"Magnum has a loop at the end"

"Millennium Force goes 80 mph"

"You're tall enough to ride that Top Drag Racer"

After exiting MF: "Diamondback was faster" (bull****)

"How do you get to that big blue one?"

"You'll run into a burning building, but you won't ride a coaster that goes upside down?"

In line for MF: "This is just like that other one, but it's blue instead of red." (NO IT IS NOT!! And it's not RED, it's MOLLY ORANGE!!)

ALL heard on Saturday.

• Like 1

i heard a few good ones yesturday

"oh my god are we suposed to be back here" (teen girl by Flight of Fear looking at paranormal sign)

"they already had a diamonback in 1992, but to many people died on it so they did repairs and brought it back"

and of course "daddy is this a ride" "no actually i think its a resturaunt, lets try Firehawk" (FOF)

you'd think theyd see the "you must be this tall to ride" sign, the huge line, and the guy in front measuring people

... wow

• Like 1

"oh my god are we suposed to be back here" (teen girl by Flight of Fear looking at paranormal sign)

"they already had a diamonback in 1992, but to many people died on it so they did repairs and brought it back"

and of course "daddy is this a ride" "no actually i think its a resturaunt, lets try Firehawk" (FOF)

you'd think theyd see the "you must be this tall to ride" sign, the huge line, and the guy in front measuring people

... wow

You must be this tall to eat here :lol:

While in Eiffel Tower, I saw 2 kids look at SOB and say "That's The Beast".

Probably a common mistake, but still...I chuckled a bit, knowing that the original Beast was well hidden in the woods, not plainly obvious like SOB is. ;)

• Like 1

...and of course "daddy is this a ride" "no actually i think its a resturaunt, lets try Firehawk" (FOF)

... wow

Given that the first time I went to Six Flags Over Georgia, I didn't ride Monster Plantation because I thought it was a restaurant, what with its long green awning covered walkway and southern style mansion...I can relate! :)

Overheard a few weeks ago while waiting in the brakes before pulling into Beast's station:

"What's that building over there?"

"That's Tomb Raider."

"It's that tall? I thought it was all underground!"

(Funny... I don't remember the queue line taking a downward slant anywhere... although the ride itself does tend to be down a lot...)

Overheard during The Racer walkback at RWW, near the old Flight Commander site:

Father to son: "That right there used to be the queue area for Flight Deck."

(I know Flight Deck has a long queue, but all the way back to the opposite end of Coney?)

• Like 1

A young mother, loudly trying to brag about being a local, to her little child:

"Ashley, it's nice that we only live a mile away, and can come here anytime we want, unlike some people who have to drive a long time and can't come everyday."

Little girl:

"Mom, quit saying that! You've told me that three times already!"

Mom:

"Shhh!"

Nearby Crowd:

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

• Like 1

While in Eiffel Tower, I saw 2 kids look at SOB and say "That's The Beast".

Probably a common mistake, but still...I chuckled a bit, knowing that the original Beast was well hidden in the woods, not plainly obvious like SOB is. ;)

In 2007 Nickelodeon was filming at Kings Island and it was about Beast. The person on the show is on the Eiffel Tower and is talking about Beast and the whole time the camera is angled at Son of Beast.