Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

While at the park last night (5/30), after it started lightning 2 guys ran past us saying "Let's go hit the wooden coasters. No, No, No metal coasters! There's no metal on the wooden ones!"

Metal.. shew.. :lol:

• Like 1

In line for Crypt: "This ride's like 10 minutes long!"

On Crypt, before the ride started:

Guest: "Mommy!"

Guest's friend: "Shut up, Dave!"

In line for Drop Tower:

Guest, pointing to Diamondback: "What's that ride?"

Guest's friend: "That's Diamondback!"

Guest (surprised): "It is???"

I also heard Monster referred to as The Spider again...

• Like 1

While in line for Diamondback:

"Why do they have that break going up the hill?"

"Its so the car doesn't fly off the track"

:rolleyes:

I hope there isn't a break going up the hill. Otherwise, the riders may have more to worry about than flying off the track.

:P

Got a few while at the park yesterday.

"The new Diamondback ride is just like Top Gun."

I was thinking, what? - Okay they got us, they are both steel. :lol:

First time riders on DB were behind me in DB queue. One goes "This is a really short ride," as they looked at the first hill, the returning helix, and splashdown. I turned around and said no this is one of the longer riders in the park, you just can not see the rest of it. Guests were happy. Saw them later in the park and asked them how they like it and they said they loved it.

I did not want to be quoted on here by saying it was the 3rd or 4th longest for I am not totally sure. Anyone know the answer?

• Like 1

Got a few while at the park yesterday.

"The new Diamondback ride is just like Top Gun."

I was thinking, what? - Okay they got us, they are both steel. :lol:

First time riders on DB were behind me in DB queue. One goes "This is a really short ride," as they looked at the first hill, the returning helix, and splashdown. I turned around and said no this is one of the longer riders in the park, you just can not see the rest of it. Guests were happy. Saw them later in the park and asked them how they like it and they said they loved it.

I did not want to be quoted on here by saying it was the 3rd or 4th longest for I am not totally sure. Anyone know the answer?

Yes ... somebody knows for sure!

According to the stats on rcdb.com, it is the 3rd longest in the park.

• Like 1

Today, a girl asked me how many times The Crypt went upside down. I said "two". Apparently, to her, "two" means "none". Also, on the Eiffel Tower elevator, going down...

Guest: "This reminds me of Drop Tower, except it doesn't drop."

Me: "Oh, you didn't hear? It's just like Drop Tower now. Drops 200 feet."

Guest: "REALLY?!?!?!"

Today I learned in line for Blue Racer (Red was not running) that Adventure Express runs backwards. The kid pointed to Red Racer and said that is the one that goes backwards (Even though it was facing forwards in the station). And then his friend corrects him by saying that Adventure Express is the one that goes backwards. I wrote that one down as a note in my phone.

• Like 1

The one I heard a few weeks ago while waiting for seat 16 on DB, the group behind me was talking about how SOB will mess your back up.

And does the park close at 5pm today?

Top Thrill- I hate to say it but for me it did mess up my back the last time I went on it. It jerked me so hard my whole back cracked from the bottom all the way to my neck. So I agree with that statement and don't see that at a darndest thing! LOL

We've All Heard Them! All Guests and visitors to KI aren't updated with the park (wink wink, nudge nudge). We've heard things that are soooooo stupid to say are true, we just HAVE to say Ok

Post the funniest/oddest/weirdest things that people say about KI

"They're tearing down The Vortex, it's too outdated"

"They put a loop on AE"

"Isn't that the ride where the people fell off the loop?" (Directed from SOB)

"Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL IT BACK TO PARAMOUNT!" (Hardy Har Har)

wow the 1st one is odd the 2nd what is ae? people didnt fall off the loop and Cedar Fair will give us more rides

While eating dinner at Juke-Box Diner today, my son asked "why do they have targets on the wall". I responded with "no, those are records" before the obvious "what are records?" question came out.

I started to respond before saying "never mind" and spent the next several minutes thinking about how many songs I have or had in all of the following formats: 45, Record, Cassette, CD, MP3.

• Like 1

I heard some good ones today. The Beast is the oldest and longest roller coaster. voyager is over 200 feet. then this one tops them all, some guy in line for Vortex tried telling me that Vortex is the magnum of Kings Island lol. is was like um they are not even close to being the same lol

• Like 1

Superman was the fastest, at one time. Magic Mountain claimed it did 100 miles per hour, and perhaps it did. If it's even a roller coaster, many claim it is not. If it is, why isn't Demon Drop? Then again, let's not get off on that here this time! :)...
he was saying its 70 mph