Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

Today while at the park I encountered two funny ones.

The first one took place at the drop of Diamondback. As the train went down a teenage girl next to me tells her boy friend, "I am NEVER getting on that ride". And the boyfriend tries to convince her that it only goes 40 mph, and BLSC goes faster! :rolleyes:

The second one made me laugh. I'm starting to asend up Drop Tower and this teenage girl sitting next to me says, "Where is The Diamondback at?". Her friend next to her points to Invertigo and says, "Right there".

:lol:

• Like 1

Today while at the park I encountered two funny ones.

The first one took place at the drop of Diamondback. As the train went down a teenage girl next to me tells her boy friend, "I am NEVER getting on that ride". And the boyfriend tries to convince her that it only goes 40 mph, and BLSC goes faster! :rolleyes:

The second one made me laugh. I'm starting to asend up Drop Tower and this teenage girl sitting next to me says, "Where is The Diamondback at?". Her friend next to her points to Invertigo and says, "Right there".

:lol:

He could have just been saying that so she would ride it :P

• Like 1

One of my goals in life is to say something silly in the park, come home, and read it here. Terpy has been known to:

* Ask if Racer goes upside down.

* Ask why they aren't running the second train on Invertigo.

* Ask when Kings Island took out Chang, and why.

* Ask where the nearest place in the park is where I can get Papa John's Pizza.

* Ask where the Scooby Show is.

* Listen with great interest to the answers, some of which have been very good!

All these things are to other guests, not park employees...though I must admit I have more than once been tempted to show my Six Flags Platinum Pass at the parking tolls...after all it clearly says parking is included!

• Like 3

my friend and i were riding Adventure Express sunday and these two girls were sitting behind us. one of them was like "OMG ON THE FIRST DROP, MY LEGS LIKE GO NUMB AND I CAN'T FEEL THEM"

well, my friend and i were trying really hard not to laugh at them. so the ride starts, and we go down the first drop, and she's like "oh wait, not THIS first drop, the NEXT first drop!"

and so we go down 'the next first drop' and she goes "AHH THEY'RE NUMB" at this point i was just annoyed.

THEN the ride stops halfway up the first lift for about 15 minutes while they were getting a little boy too short to ride off. i had to listen to them for fifteen minutes. i'm easily annoyed i guess. but it was pretty amusing.

• Like 1

One of my goals in life is to say something silly in the park, come home, and read it here. Terpy has been known to:

All these things are to other guests, not park employees...though I must admit I have more than once been tempted to show my Six Flags Platinum Pass at the parking tolls...after all it clearly says parking is included!

I'll probably be the one on here to get asked that and come to this site and post that. Then, you'll be reading it on your computer and start laughing and be like, "Finally. Someone posted one of my dumb, but purposful comments." :lol:

Just letting everyone know, I DO say really dumb things on AE like yell for my mommy, say the ride scares me, and say the first really big, scarry drop is coming us as you come out of the station.

• Like 1

Now that I figured out how to post from my samsung sync I'd post it before I got home

• Like 1

You'll never believe this one. I was in line for The Crypt, not only was I totally annoyed but I heard the most funny ever. Ok maybe this isn't funny but just sad. There was this girl there. I don't think she comes to the park often or knows much about KI from what she said. How can I blame her. Anyways her and her group were talking and not to be eavesdropping. I overheard her say "Oh my God this is the most scariest rollercoaster Kings Island has to offer. It's even worse the Diamondback. I hope we don't go upside down much." :blink: I'm standing there speechless. Like OMG did you really point-blank just say that out loud :huh:. I started to tell her but then I thought, wth she'll be in for a surprise anyway. After the ride was over I think she was.

• Like 1

I'll probably be the one on here to get asked that and come to this site and post that. Then, you'll be reading it on your computer and start laughing and be like, "Finally. Someone posted one of my dumb, but purposful comments." :lol:

Just letting everyone know, I DO say really dumb things on AE like yell for my mommy, say the ride scares me, and say the first really big, scarry drop is coming us as you come out of the station.

I too have done dumb things on coasters. On Disaster Transport at CP once, me and my cousin started screaming so loud going up the lift hill and saying things like get me off of here and other stuff. Well there was a little kid and his mom behind us and the little kid got really scared! The mom was so angry at us :lol:

• Like 1

Yesterday as we're exiting Flight of Fear: "That thing goes like a hundred miles an hour!"

I resisted the urge to say anything about TTD.

While riding Diamondback: "is this taller than The Vortex?"

I told her it's about twice as tall. :lol: she started freaking out.

Yesterday as we're exiting Flight of Fear: "That thing goes like a hundred miles an hour!"

I resisted the urge to say anything about TTD....

Was Ka that unmemorable?

Terpy, funnin'

Yes. Yes it was. :lol:

Wait until you hear the story about the dragster noises.

Actually, the TTD reference would be because people would be more likely to have ridden/seen/heard about TTD in this area. I honestly enjoyed Kingda Ka, enough that I bought a shirt with Ka on it instead of El Toro, though that was partially because I didn't see any Toro shirts I really loved and I loved the design on my Ka shirt.

• Like 1

It's funny...any time I am at Great Adventure, people are always talking about Cedar Point and even Top Thrill Dragster. I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I have heard anyone but an enthusiast bring up Great Adventure or Kingda Ka at Cedar Point (or Kings Island). Cedar Point is well known, nationwide. Great Adventure, not so much.

• Like 1

I got a few good ones last sunday.

While in line for Firehawk a teenage girl said, "see? The roller coaster (train) uses the strongest magnets there are to keep the roller coaster on the track." Firehawk is one of the rides that you can clearly see wheels above and below the track while waiting in line. I wonder how she thinks they keep trains on wooden tracks.

While in line for SOB i didn't see who said it, but sounded like a boy around 13 years old. He said, "I have to end my life on a roller coaster." I bet Cedar Fair PR would love that!

And a ride op at The Beast kept saying "Kings Island: Where Else? NO WHERE!" thought that was funny. And every time he said 'The Beast' he followed with a long, unenthusiastic "aahhhhhhhh". Funny kid. When we got back to the station and he asked how the ride was i responded with a long, unenthusiastic "aaahhhhhh". I know he heard me, but I guess he didn't think it was funny when i did it haha.

• Like 1

I was talking with a guest while waiting in line for DB yesterday and he said how he liked that DB was taller than Millennium Falcon after politely correcting both his mistakes he turns around and said well I still like DB more than Millennium Falcon eeeeeeeeeeaaahhh I just bit my lip and was just happy that the line was short.

• Like 1

Heard both of these in line for Drop Tower today:

Girl: *points at Sling Shot* Hey, look! It's the Moon Shot!

Boy: After this, let's go ride the Timber Mountain Log Ride. (I wonder what he actually meant! Congo Falls is near Timberwolf, but it doesn't have logs... Thornberries isn't anywhere near Timberwolf, so I can't figure out where that one came from...)

On DT:

Girl: *points at the old DZ logo painted on DT's queue building* Hey, look! Is that a target to hit if someone falls off?

• Like 1

So Thursday night waiting in "line" for The Beast (only line was for the front). An older guy (late 50s) asks the ride op on the left "Does this thing go upside down?"

Left Ride op: "No it doesn't"

Older guy to the Right side Ride Op "This doesn't go upside down? I though this was supposed to be a good coaster?"

Right Ride op in an annoyed tune: "It IS a good ride!"

Then the guy looks at me with a smile and starts laughing.

• Like 1

Tuesday night: Ironically we were in line for SoB when a kid said "Diamondback used to have a loop...." I was proud of the boys for just bursting out laughing and not trying to correct him.........

I've heard several people in lines say that Diamondback was designed with a loop but they decided not to install it. I usually just roll eyes at "darnest things" comments because its so hard to get people to believe facts!

• Like 1

Heard both of these in line for Drop Tower today:

Girl: *points at Sling Shot* Hey, look! It's the Moon Shot!

Boy: After this, let's go ride the Timber Mountain Log Ride. (I wonder what he actually meant! Congo Falls is near Timberwolf, but it doesn't have logs... Thornberries isn't anywhere near Timberwolf, so I can't figure out where that one came from...)

Sounds like they go to Knott's Berry Farm, you will find the Timber Mountain Log Ride there. Close to Thornberries, but a better theme. I have also seen a lot of Sling Shots called moon shots. I will bet that we will see a lot more of this, CF park goers tend to visit other CF parks just to see what they are missing.

On the Ka vs. TTD issue: The Germans do not have a clue when it comes to records. Last visit I spent a good hour on rcdb.com trying to explain the difference because one of them tried to tell me that: "TTD, you know the big green one in NJ wasn't going to be the fastest any more when they finished there coaster". and second: "I rode The Beast, and it wasn't that long or exciting, besides they tore that down a couple of years ago." (Never been to the US, but frequented Australia)

• Like 1

Yesterday, I saw this guy and these two girls getting in line for Diamondback and they were messing with Gabe. They were like "Where is the Diamondbutt ride? Um...Um..It's that big tower thingy over in the sky. Ohh, thank you! " Yes, that was me. B)

Gabe, I saw you cheakin my friend out! The one in the black "Beat West" shirt! :D

• Like 1

I was working Crypt today and I was in the preshow area where the guests wait right before getting on. A guest asked us if the ride just swung back and forth, we told her that, no, it went full circle and flipped. She then said that it used to just swing and it was like a viking ship, then saying that we were too young to remember that. I died a little inside.

• Like 1

Today, a woman on the Blue Racer told me that "I was there when the chick fell out of The Bat, and I was there when the chick fell out of Top Gun! That chick was DRUNK!" Later, she explained how "during my senior prom, the lions escaped from the Animal Kingdom and were on our football field!"

Our guests don't surprise me anymore.

• Like 2