Guests Say The Darnest Things

JAHill

While listening to the radio the other day (don't remember which station), the lady on the air said that her kids had some coasters in mind that they wanted to ride this summer, then proceeded with "Jee-auga Lake, here we come!". Apparently she didn't realize that Geauga Lake doesn't have roller coasters anymore, or that she completely mis-pronounced the name. On top of that, it's not even close to Cincy (for those unfamiliar with the park, it's right outside of Cleveland).

• Like 1

While in line for Drop Tower Monday, there was a man who was saying he saw the news about Six Flags' bankruptcy, and for a bit I thought he might actually know his stuff, until he said,

"Well yea, this here is a Six Flags park. So is Cedar Point up north."

I sometimes wonder where people even get this stuff. It's not even funny the things they say, even to the point where they defy common sense, like asking outside Vortex in clear view of the loops "does this ride go upside down?" or saying most certainly that "People die on this ride regularly", as if they would keep the ride open if that was so.

I am one of the few people who actually try to correct them, maybe it's because I don't like it when people go around saying wrong information about the parks I love, maybe because I can't stand it when people think people die on perfectly safe rides, maybe it's just the way I am. Some people are easier to convince then others, unfortunately there are some who will not believe anything besides what they are sure is right, which is that everyone died on Diamondback before it even opened to the public.

• Like 1

On the Drop Tower Saturday, we were sitting there waiting to go up. The girl beside of me started freaking out. As we went up, she looked at me and said "Why aren't you making noises?! Don't you know what happened on this ride?!" I said "Uh, no?" (I knew what was coming, but her response made me shake my head)

"I was here a few years ago, in line for this ride. This girl raised her feet up as the ride dropped and her foot got cut off. I watched it land..right...there" and she pointed to a spot near the ride op booth.

I told her that was at Kentucky Kingdom, not Kings Island and she argued me. I finally had to ignore the poor child.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is how people can convince themselves they, beyond the shadow of a doubt, witnessed something that plain and simply never happened. For example, how can you be 100% sure that you saw the girl fall out of The Bat?

Or to a more general aspect, how can you be 100% sure that you saw Barak Obama get assassinated?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The Common Asked Question I Get By Working At The Eiffel Tower is "Where Is Cincinnati?" Can You See Cincinnati From Here? What Highway Is That On The Other Side Of The Tower?...........My All Time Favorite, "Where Is The Antique Cars?"...................................Is That Firehawk (Pointing At Face/Off which is now Invertigo), How Do I Get Off The Eiffel Tower? Whats That Big Wooden Coaster Next To Top Gun (Are You Serious?????) O and by far....I heard a mother tell her daughter "I dont want you to come out the house looking like a hoochie anymore (little girl by the way) so zip your jacket all the way up and dont take it off"....That was an interesting Sunday Afternoon In Nick Universe.

hahaa that just made my day!! :lol:

We were walking through Nickelodeon Universe to get to Boomerang Bay and we heard this little girl's father say "Hey look! It's Spongebob!" The girl looked the other way, pointed to the restrooms and said "BATHROOM!" That made us laugh for a few minutes.

• Like 1

Ive got two about DB. I heard both while waiting in line for DB.

1. Dad with strong southern accent: "This Diamondrattler shoots ya straight outta the ground for up ta 125mph! Thats faster than yer daddy drove ta get here by bout 10 miles an hour!"

Guys daughters in unison: "Daddy, yer dumb!"

2. Some guy around 19: "Yeah, they had to take out the Diamondback a couple of years ago."

His friend: "Why?"

Other guy: "It got way too ugly to look at, and nobody ever wanted to try to ride it. It was pointless, so they took it out."

His friend: "Ah, thats too bad. I wish I coulda ridden it."

I just about crapped myself cause I was laughing so hard about that second one. The guys were right behind me, and asked me what was so funny. I just looked at them and gave them a big smile and said "nothing, nothing at all." :lol:

• Like 1

In line for BLSC, I overheard a kid loudly telling her friend that she is part owner of the park (bragging that her dad bought her stock in FUN and some other company). To which another guest quickly asked "Well, then, could you do something about this awful music?" :lol:

• Like 1

While in line for The Crypt on my last visit, one of the teen boys behind me was telling his friends: "This line used to be good when it was Tomb Raider, because at least then you could watch the movie while you waited."

As I was exiting The Beast on this same visit, one of the teen boys behind me said "This ride is smaller than Blue Streak up at Cedar Point. Blue Streak was built in the early '80's and was one of the first roller coasters ever built."

• Like 1

I heard someone tell their kid yesterday that Maverick goes 100 miles an hour.

Lady behind me on Magnum on the brake run, points to Corkscrew: "Which one is that? Double Loop?"

Guy in line for Power Tower: "You mean this isn't the line for Corkscrew?"

I also heard a guy tell his friends' kids (that were sitting in Maverick's row 6 seats) laugh and tell them that the back seat of Maverick is for adults only. :lol:

This one came from my local park Carowinds or as I call it Carelesswinds. As you all should know we got the used Head Spin coaster this year from Geauga Lake.

While waiting on my party to smoke I seen lots of people walking up to the employee blocking the entrance to Carolina Cobra as it was closed (aka Head Spin). Then I noticed the guy moving his hand in the air as if he was explaining how it works. I walk over to him and ask if people really were asking him how it works. He sayed yeah and you get kind of sick of it. Soon after a couple more people show up to ask when it will open. We all stood there and got into a conversation on Cedar Point and Top Thrill Dragster (you get the feeling the guy knows coasters). As soon as we told the employee what Top Thrill Dragster did he replys "I didnt know they could build them that high".

• Like 1